Sign in to follow this  
childishthing

a gold-plated daily?

WatchaholicMallorca
571BC8D5-C241-4A83-AD3F-4160A26CBA66_zpseoijkadp.jpg

Love this rep, no issues what so ever with plating. From my experience of doing research on gold reps is that most of the negative feedback is 4+ years old. I haven't been about here that long but I think the plating has probably improved considerably. I am playing with the idea of getting this in RG as well.

Hows the bracelet on that?

Bracelet is good, no complaints on my side!

Does it feel flimsy like the usual daydate jubilee bracelets? So tempted to get one

I had one and it definitely didn't feel flimsy but did feel light but you will always have that comparing plated steel to gold

^^^^^^^

That!

Nikola Tesla

571BC8D5-C241-4A83-AD3F-4160A26CBA66_zpseoijkadp.jpg

Love this rep, no issues what so ever with plating. From my experience of doing research on gold reps is that most of the negative feedback is 4+ years old. I haven't been about here that long but I think the plating has probably improved considerably. I am playing with the idea of getting this in RG as well.

I think most factories are now applying the gold finishes in much the same way as they add the black and other colors. It's more of a PVD coating process and much more durable than the old, conventional gold plating.

Silverado6x6

My next daily wearer will probably be a PVD black Seadweller, or a Submariner. I had to gave a gold and blue sub but i cannot wear it at work, so i'm looking more at an all black pvd watch, these coatings are pretty durable if done right.

Eulise

Had a Breguet RG Tourbillon for about half a year, plating shows no wear and looks to be the same as on day 1!

jordanrides

Been wearing my AP RG 15400 almost daily for 5 months now.... No fading whatsoever. I too was warned and have only just acquired a SS 15202 but find that the SS always looks much dirtier in comparison to the RG. In saying that the 15400 is a top notch JF version and more than double the price of the SS one.

Love your purchase too. Am about to order myself one for Christmas however have intentions of wearing as much as possible :D

Enjoy!

MetalMickey

Still looking sharp with this one

xblw9hL.jpg

That is stunning. Going to have to seek me one of those out!

jordanrides
Been wearing my AP RG 15400 almost daily for 5 months now.... No fading whatsoever. I too was warned and have only just acquired a SS 15202 but find that the SS always looks much dirtier in comparison to the RG. In saying that the 15400 is a top notch JF version and more than double the price of the SS one.

Love your purchase too. Am about to order myself one for Christmas however have intentions of wearing as much as possible :D

Enjoy!

In all its dirty RG glory.. Seriously don't know what I do to have my watches get do dirty lol

ff30cffd8eb25bd5497611e4a35ce7f5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

childishthing

Enjoy!

In all its dirty RG glory.. Seriously don't know what I do to have my watches get do dirty lol

ff30cffd8eb25bd5497611e4a35ce7f5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Stunna!