Sign in to follow this  
wowsasb

REP forum vs Real world

wowsasb

Any of you realize someone you know, who you thought wore gens, is actually wearing reps cause of this forum?

Im just amazed at how many people are into reps...like I've gotta know one or two...

Anyone realize their grandpa's Rolie is a rep?

Maybe this idea is funnier in my head than it actually is...

Omeg@007

Through my readings i indeed saw many people have inherit a rep branded watches from their parents, and i was really shocked to know that, Rep business was running back then too but of-course now days with high quality of rep you can identify easily the old vintage rep. :)

codystern

I sometimes think about when I'm dead and imagine my future ungrateful children and their spouses finding my 30 high end Pam reps in my nice glass display watch box and greedily fight over them thinking they're a collection worth a small fortune and eventually have them appraised just to find out they're reps. I hope they're all let down and it tarnishes my memory.

Is that strange?

epalanb
I sometimes think about when I'm dead and imagine my future ungrateful children and their spouses finding my 30 high end Pam reps in my nice glass display watch box and greedily fight over them thinking they're a collection worth a small fortune and eventually have them appraised just to find out they're reps. I hope they're all let down and it tarnishes my memory.

Is that strange?

Dude, your sense of humor is a bit warped. They are gonna be pissed!..... Lol

wowsasb

Is that strange?

Dude, your sense of humor is a bit warped. They are gonna be pissed!..... Lol

I actually was thinking about how funny a similar situation would be... I mean in that situation it would serve them right!

GenTLe

Mostly I have seen with reps around were wearing really bad fantasy or "canal street" trash ones.

But that could be also because I am not able to recognize the good ones ;)

wowsasb

Mostly I have seen with reps around were wearing really bad fantasy or "canal street" trash ones.

But that could be also because I am not able to recognize the good ones ;)

True ;)

dalboy

living in the real world just about all you own comes from China.. ;)

Dal

Silverado6x6

In the future we will see the reality of artificial humans and animals, i say this cause i got hooked on the HBO series Westworld, talk then about the merits of real or replicated. Plus its being said its feasible to download your personality into an AI, And it won't be long before that AI will be in a virtual replicant. I bet these snobby watch purists havevtheir panties all twisted up when they see a human having sex with a host, or hosts having sex with each other on Westworld.

Replicas will be the future, what isn't will wind up in museums.

narikaa

I recall a funny one

Some years ago a customer of mine (from Canada) went into a 'feeding frenzy' needing various reps to order on a quick as possible basis. He was a prolific collector and had extensive gens.

Months later he declared to me that he'd been going through an acrimonious divorce and had switched out all his gens for reps, which in a fit of magnanimity he split with wifey allowing her first pick for her 50% of the collection :giggle:

Stuvetjee

Through my readings i indeed saw many people have inherit a rep branded watches from their parents, and i was really shocked to know that, Rep business was running back then too but of-course now days with high quality of rep you can identify easily the old vintage rep. :)

FFS scale down that sig mate, we aint blind.

elp
I recall a funny one Some years ago a customer of mine (from Canada) went into a 'feeding frenzy' needing various reps to order on a quick as possible basis. He was a prolific collector and had extensive gens. Months later he declared to me that he'd been going through an acrimonious divorce and had switched out all his gens for reps, which in a fit of magnanimity he split with wifey allowing her first pick for her 50% of the collection :giggle:

Nice :D

Stewart
I recall a funny one Some years ago a customer of mine (from Canada) went into a 'feeding frenzy' needing various reps to order on a quick as possible basis. He was a prolific collector and had extensive gens. Months later he declared to me that he'd been going through an acrimonious divorce and had switched out all his gens for reps, which in a fit of magnanimity he split with wifey allowing her first pick for her 50% of the collection :giggle:

Nice :D

Good thinking ^^^^

Vintage

Is that strange?

Get buried with your reps :)

Left Coast Guy

Like folks always say, no one really cares about watches.....its a such a cottage hobby, no one hardly notices what's on your wrist. An even in that cottage hobby, my experiences have been that most WIS are unaware of the rep game.....or at least of how high quality reps are from our TDs.

p-ro

I recall a funny one

Some years ago a customer of mine (from Canada) went into a 'feeding frenzy' needing various reps to order on a quick as possible basis. He was a prolific collector and had extensive gens.

Months later he declared to me that he'd been going through an acrimonious divorce and had switched out all his gens for reps, which in a fit of magnanimity he split with wifey allowing her first pick for her 50% of the collection :giggle:

ayyy

myaz

I recall a funny one

:rofl:

You have planted a field of seeds there.

Think of the possibilities....it can be applied to more than just watches.

wowsasb

I recall a funny one

Thats great!!! A stroke of genius

SamsonAusKognito

Is that strange?

:lmao2: it makes laugh, but honestly who haven't thought about that?

I was also imagine how family would react if they could get there hands on it, because I'm

not running around wearing a shirt ,,REP on the left"

Vintage

Is that strange?

:lmao2: it makes laugh, but honestly who haven't thought about that?

I was also imagine how family would react if they could get there hands on it, because I'm

not running around wearing a shirt ,,REP on the left"

l

lol good idea :)