Sign in to follow this  
Recklays

What do you think about this rep ?

Genius

Looks to be a decent watch for the money and with a miyota quartz movement should be much more reliable than the more expensive version

Recklays

Looks to be a decent watch for the money and with a miyota quartz movement should be much more reliable than the more expensive version

The problem is, you have the sec "mini dial" (this noob ahah) TWICE !

WatchaholicMallorca

Unless you have your heart set on it try and opt for a rubber strap, leather straps on reps are terrible, even on the more expensive reps.

GenTLe

I'd go for something else. Both Toro and Ryan (intime01.co , TD on rwi) have great offers/promotions on really valid watches, why buying an obvious rep-screaming watch like that? And more over have you thought that it would sound "funny", for someone that don't want or can't spend more than 200$, to wear a 25k$+ watch (that ticks while it should be a sweeping auto) ?

Recklays

I'd go for something else. Both Toro and Ryan (intime01.co , TD on rwi) have great offers/promotions on really valid watches, why buying an obvious rep-screaming watch like that? And more over have you thought that it would sound "funny", for someone that don't want or can't spend more than 200$, to wear a 25k$+ watch (that ticks while it should be a sweeping auto) ?

you know my name, not my story, end of discussion

Recklays

Unless you have your heart set on it try and opt for a rubber strap, leather straps on reps are terrible, even on the more expensive reps.

I can't handle rubber, cause it makes my skin red (weird isn't it)

GenTLe

I don't even know your name dude.

Enjoy your bad rep with a crap plastboard strap then.

Recklays

I don't even know your name dude.

Enjoy your bad rep with a crap plastboard strap then.

Thanks !

RepGuy

Some newbie gets on the forum asking for opinions on some shit rep. Aforementioned newbie gets solid advice from seasoned member, and acts like an asshole because he was told he was looking at a shitty rep.

Great start on the forum Recklays.. you're a bonafied prick!

anfalas

AP's are horrible ugly things so go with the cheapo one or get something else. Plenty of nice reps about for that money.

Recklays
Some newbie gets on the forum asking for opinions on some shit rep. Aforementioned newbie gets solid advice from seasoned member, and acts like an asshole because he was told he was looking at a shitty rep.

Asshole ? I don't know if telling to someone to not judge me without any argument make me be an asshole..

The real advice will be: wait for more money and get a better one. BUT telling me that getting an AP will look nice with your janitor stuff is not very appropriate I think. That's why I just answered with a little bit of humour.

Furthermore, I only wrote 2 topics, my second one was a very good question someone solved and which will help a lot of people.

So no I'm not an asshole

Recklays
AP's are horrible ugly things so go with the cheapo one or get something else. Plenty of nice reps about for that money.

Thanks for your advice Dude, I Will probably go for a Panerai, what do you think ?

Thelittleprince

Asshole ? I don't know if telling to someone to not judge me without any argument make me be an asshole..

The real advice will be: wait for more money and get a better one. BUT telling me that getting an AP will look nice with your janitor stuff is not very appropriate I think. That's why I just answered with a little bit of humour.

Furthermore, I only wrote 2 topics, my second one was a very good question someone solved and which will help a lot of people.

So no I'm not an asshole

So since you know the advice is to wait for more money to get a better rep... Why ask opinions?

Ill give my opinion anyway, save up money get a better rep so you don't regret it. Trust me you will regret it :)

Cheers

Thelittleprince
For the money get a sub or a AP 15202 quartz ( doesn't have a seconds hand so no ticking problem )

http://www.trb88.top/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=1770

Btw you may have skipped this, but if you are set on spending around 200 bucks, this advice is solid!

MDK

That's a matter of opinion, I never liked them originally but a nice AP is a stunner, they grow on you acquired taste i guess.

Definitely don't buy a cheap one they do not look good, but a high end AP rep, Defo

Recklays

So no I'm not an asshole

So since you know the advice is to wait for more money to get a better rep... Why ask opinions?

Ill give my opinion anyway, save up money get a better rep so you don't regret it. Trust me you will regret it :)

Cheers

Thanks !

What I mean is: I could understand the advice he gave me, no need to judge me as a underdog with stars in the eyes xD

And I had no idea Before creating this topic cause like they said I'm a noobie.

I Will think about it thanks again for the advice ! P

Thelittleprince

No problem! Look at the review section and you will see a lot you like reviewed. Also people get annoyed here by questions like what do you think of this rep and so on. The search bar is your friend, what you are looking for you will find guaranteed. Welcome to this crazy world btw!

RepGuy

So no I'm not an asshole

You want a real answer? Most people wearing an AP will look out of place with that watch. With most low end AP's coming in at $12K+, and the real high end stuff easily passing the $20K mark, unless you're driving some supercar, or living in a mansion, people are going to assume it's fake. With a budget of $200, you're looking into the mid range of replica watches, and can't expect perfection. Hell, you can't expect perfection with any reps, that's why we can buy a rep of a $50,000 watch for $400.

I didn't see anywhere that someone called you a janitor, but I will now refer to you as such... Quite the catchy name

AndyBlue

Out of stock. Objection....

Pointless thread.

JSJ

This is the reply that felt kind of rude. GenTLe wasn't being rude, just giving advice which you asked for.

You can say what you like on here but better not to tell others when to end the discussion. You can be sure it won't end there.

If you read the advice in this thread and take notice, you could benefit from it.

Thelittleprince

^^^^^^^This

deju

This is the reply that felt kind of rude. GenTLe wasn't being rude, just giving advice which you asked for.

You can say what you like on here but better not to tell others when to end the discussion. You can be sure it won't end there.

If you read the advice in this thread and take notice, you could benefit from it.

Now now JSJ....

11lipf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marcoman

So no I'm not an asshole

You want a real answer? Most people wearing an AP will look out of place with that watch. With most low end AP's coming in at $12K+, and the real high end stuff easily passing the $20K mark, unless you're driving some supercar, or living in a mansion, people are going to assume it's fake. With a budget of $200, you're looking into the mid range of replica watches, and can't expect perfection. Hell, you can't expect perfection with any reps, that's why we can buy a rep of a $50,000 watch for $400.

I didn't see anywhere that someone called you a janitor, but I will now refer to you as such... Quite the catchy name

Good advice here OP......what struck me is you're only willing to spend 200 bucks yet want the image associated with a millionaire's watch. Doesnt add up. Not judging you but think carefully about how you approach this hobby. I have a rule, if i can't afford, or will never afford, the gen, i steer clear of the rep. The reason is, i'd feel like a complete fraud to myself (i don't really care what others might think). Mutton dressed as lamb as they say. The reason i buy reps rather than gens (of high end watches) is that i like collections and rotating watches and that's just not an option with high end gens (which i love the look of) so i have a mixture of gens (including tag) and mid range reps. So my reps include omega, breitlings and a panerai. These are all watches I could go out and buy tomorrow, no problem, all of them even at the same time but i can't justify that as i have a f**k off mortgage and a family to support. But reps allow me to dream a little. I'm not sure how I'd feel about wearing a watch which the gen would be 20k but i'm struggling to pay 200 for the rep. If it was me, i'd feel like i'm not even fooling myself, never mind anyone else.

If i was going to give you a suggestions on what to go for, based on what i have already purchased myself, you'll definitely get a panerai on offer if they're your thing...i got one but if i was going to give one option, i would go with the breitling superocean steelfish which comes in a little over budget by about 30/40 dollars including delivery but its a savage watch..a really solid watch...you wouldnt regret it. i paid a bit more to swap out for a better movement but thats just me....i'd look into it if i was you.....good luck with it and do listen to people's advice here, even if some have a "unique" way of giving it!!