Sign in to follow this  
wowsasb

removed but reinstated by the power

wowsasb

In a dire situation, would you attempt to sell one of your closest reps as real? Pawn it for a fifth of the gens value or something? Of course to do so is morally questionable but under a very specific circumstance, would you?

I personally am going to take a rep into a jeweler soon, with whom I have had less than perfect transactions with, and I am going to ask them if they can polish it and see if they up-charge me since its a Panerai, or if they say its fake. That will seal the deal of whether I ever go back to them. They have a very nice store but the service has been pretty bad in the past. Has anyone else tested a jeweler with a rep?

*This is merely a question to ponder, I am not in such a situation, gratefully*

Thanks for the roast. I've learned a lot from your responses. Sometimes questions just have to be asked but I'm concerned that I have given the wrong idea

Just because someone reads a books like 'Devil in the White city' about a serial killer, doea not mean they are serial killer. In that same way im not trying to rip anyone off, my small collection of reps doesn't include any, that upon closer inspection, would fool anyone!

So thanks for the responses but perhaps we can let this rest because I feel like this has been blown up a bit.

Final edit:

I will be more careful in the way I post in future. This was perhaps a bit too experimental.

I agree with you all that it is a bad thing to do! Especially since it's illegal!

However, I thought I would post this because we are all taking advantage of the opportunity people who are selling illegal items have given us so I think that it is impossible to say any of us are entirely 100% moral.

I wondered this question (as states in the thread) after Narikaa told a story in another thread about a customer of his who bought tons of reps to basically rip off his wife in their divorce.

What ive come to better understand:

There are slimeballs everywhere and people are quick to assume. And I'm a rookie who overstepped my limits and may have ruined my reputation.

I enjoy this community very much and my only goal is to add what I can. My only rep sales will ever be on this forum (or RWI) following the guidelines.

My jeweler question was poorly worded and in regards to my annoyances with them over every time I've visited them. To me they are overly pretentious since they sell mediocre products and masquerade as a high end shop. The goal with the rep was merely to see if they really know anything at all. Very petty.

I have been humbled by this but please, let's let this rest. I've hopefully conveyed my intentions.

If I was as much of an idiot as this has made me look I wouldn't put so much effort into trying to clean this up.

Respect to you all.

Edited by andyboy

anfalas

Never

Chiquita Fanjita
:popcorn:

Del

Holy fuck. :facepalm:

wowsasb

Never

Never? Pretty bold

SamsonAusKognito

This thread will start some trouble I guess.

But to give you an answer ....

Anyone likes the idea of fast and easy money, but ...

Could you live with the knowing someone spent his earned money to a fake and you made yourself criminal?

I could never rob honest people ... or generally never anyone :D

wowsasb

Holy fuck. :facepalm:

Is this a stupid question? I've learned to ask questions even if they're stupid because I might actually learn something

fatarms
9q2W3SD_zpsc1ba57e1.gif

wowsasb

Could you live with the knowing someone spent his earned money to a fake and you made yourself criminal?

Well that's good. Im wondering about this more to determine what kind of people are on the forum and it sounds like youre all perfect :)

wowsasb

I guess I didnt make it clear enough that I don't approve of selling a rep as a gen.

Maybe this is too pseudo-philosophical

anfalas

I doubt very much we're all perfect but we're not a bunch of pikeys trying to make a fast buck just coz we buy reps!!

GenTLe

The thing to go in a jeweler with a rep and ask them to polish it is not just questionable, but definitively stupid.

If they recognize it is a rep (which I doubt if they are not Pam AD and the rep is a good one) you'll pass for a "poor man" (not in a monetary sense). If they don't and ask you like 100$, which is more or less the cost of that work, you'll not leave the watch there... So what is this for? Which kind of revenge should it be?

Coming to your 1st question: no.

I may eventually sell it with a gain but always as a rep (obviously outside the fora) to someone that wants a rep but doesn't want to gain the knowledge (or simply can't because for instance he doesn't speak English) needed to proceed by his own. But that's another story: that person, on top of the watch, is paying a service (having a rep without any hassle) and the knowledge needed to get it.

SamsonAusKognito

Well that's good. Im wondering about this more to determine what kind of people are on the forum and it sounds like youre all perfect :)

Perfect sound kind of sarcastic :D

I would say that at least 90% of our members are very kind and nice guys, the few people who are not get filtered by our (also not everybody's perfect) moderators who some really entertaining and helpful guys.

wowsasb

I would say that at least 90% of our members are very kind and nice guys, the few people who are not get filtered by our (also not everybody's perfect) moderators who some really entertaining and helpful guys.

No I have found everyone on here to be generally great so far! Perhaps that was a tad sarcastic, but probably in self defense preparing for my roasting.

anfalas

Very true and I'd also say that 90% of people who start hypothetical threads along the lines of 'If my Auntie's cousin's daughter's dog had a 1:1 rep would they fuck some unsuspecting punter over to sell at a fifth gen price' are really talking about themselves................... :lmao:

jdog

Never

Never? Pretty bold

Yes NEVER. immoral and I'd find another way before screwing someone over.

SamsonAusKognito

Very true and I'd also say that 90% of people who start hypothetical threads along the lines of 'If my Auntie's cousin's daughter's dog had a 1:1 rep would they fuck some unsuspecting punter over to sell at a fifth gen price' are really talking about themselves................... :lmao:

:lmao: so true!

greg_r

We ban people who do things like that. We also ensure that they are banned from other watch fora (gen and rep). Where appropriate we also provide their victims with as much information as we can discover...

Tread carefully - this thread could end badly.

Mr_B
:facepalm:

Thelittleprince

Never

Never? Pretty bold

Yes NEVER. immoral and I'd find another way before screwing someone over.

Respect!

BadPickle

We ban people who do things like that. We also ensure that they are banned from other watch fora (gen and rep). Where appropriate we also provide their victims with as much information as we can discover...

All hot air, i'd do it in a heartbeat. :lol:

anfalas

All hot air, i'd do it in a heartbeat. :lol:

:lmao:

Ilikewaches

If it was the end of the world people would kill thier neighbor if it meant thier family would survive.

People will do anything depending on how dire the situation is.

anfalas

If it was the end of the world people would kill thier neighbor if it meant thier family would survive.

People will do anything depending on how dire the situation is.

Think you've been watching too much Walking Dead pal.......

black263

And when they have it checked out, find you've fraudulently sold them a counterfeit, and report you to the police....?