Sign in to follow this  
r0b9502

Rating a replica "Genuine Fake, with Cert Auth!!"

dfq23

still - no confirmative answer - looked into link above, answer is "no", but to what degree? How? What? ... :)

A Rolex sub is a nice bling watch. Gold! Yep other watches will not elicit much suspicion.

So it's not just a sub but a gold rolex sub?

HOUSE!!!

i'm calling as i've got Noob bingo on this thread!

Sub

Gold

Papers

Pass as gen

Waipio Jeff

Tool in the making for sure.

wowsasb

I like a rating scale for use on the forum...like for reviews. Seems a bit unnecessary and would impossible to implement within the TD's

Khronos
tumblr_lp9jvl3ncy1qiuckb_zpsj7hwhgbp.gif

GenTLe
rawbaws, could you elaborate on "Oh lord" ????

Mine is a legit question ... I want to know how good a fake is before I buy!

For God's sake! Often certain TDs completely mess up with descriptions of what they sell, mistaking the movement, sizes, materials... Or putting those bullshit words like "supreme" or "1:1"...

And you comes here telling they should rate their own goods???

I tell you, they will be all " 1:1 AAA+++ bestEST of the supreme".

Khronos

Why do you fellas even bother? Fuckin' retarded thread,a waste of keyboard/screen..

ShovelnTC

Why do you fellas even bother? Fuckin' retarded thread,a waste of keyboard/screen..

I usually resist but sometimes feel compelled to respond only to regret it after :rolleyes:

tonyh7

Well. My mum used to say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. The idea of rating reps isn't totally daft. Doesn't Ale do it all the time with Pams? And jolly useful it is too.

RUSH2112

To answer your initial question I would say this is definitely not th right thread. I'd say this thread is wrong.

How do people decide what clothes to buy or where to eat dinner???? Why can't anyone look at a pic of the gen, look at a pic of the rep, read reviews and decide what to buy without finding out which watch someone else would buy?

Khronos

I think there's enough information all over the board to get an idea. But there's always a noob who needs to be spoon fed the minute he joins us. And it's getting boring.

Foxindebox
rawbaws, could you elaborate on "Oh lord" ????

Mine is a legit question ... I want to know how good a fake is before I buy!

For God's sake! Often certain TDs completely mess up with descriptions of what they sell, mistaking the movement, sizes, materials... Or putting those bullshit words like "supreme" or "1:1"...

And you comes here telling they should rate their own goods???

I tell you, they will be all " 1:1 AAA+++ bestEST of the supreme".

Until they release V2...

dalboy

:Yawn:

deju

No one is stopping you starting your own rating system.

The lads do this for PAM watches and created a database but it's years of hard constant work.

If you like a watch buy it, as a noob the joys of ignorance to flaws is a gifts.

How this hobby works:

1) clueless so buy every watch you like, buy, buy, buy.

2) start reading up on the watches you really like. Realise the flaws. End up OCD over minute flaws and buy less and stress more.

3) Rep OCD kicks in, give up on reps buy gens

4) no one every comments or gives a shit about your gens.

5) realise no one gives a shit about what you're wearing, flaws don't matter. See reps you like, buy, buy, buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Khronos

Yep, that's pretty much it.

greg_r
huh.gif

Kleen™
I think there's enough information all over the board to get an idea. But there's always a noob who needs to be spoon fed the minute he joins us. And it's getting boring.

- unless the thread takes the usual turn and becomes inflammatory to the extent, that the hapless noob gets hammered: Then the boredom seizes and laughter ensues...

WatchaholicMallorca

www.confused.com

Marcoman

I'm a relatively new member so i'd be a bit more understanding of the initial query! In saying that, you gotta do your research. Decide what watch you're interested in and just do a search...simples....you clearly haven't done much rooting around here as you'd know the initial post would get you roasted!

With regards the TDs, when i was making my first purchase, i had a short list of 3 and asked the TD's opinion. I took it on board and went with their recommendation which i was happy with. I've since purchase 5 watches in total off them and often ask their opinion on cheaper reps and i'd like to think i've received honest feedback, e.g. don't go ceramic, go SS instead at that price. Thats why i go back to them. If you have a rapport with a TD and establish a good relationship, i think there is no reason not to expect some advice on the quality of reps. I think if they know you're sincere and will buy off them, then in my experience, they are happy to advise...

Wriggles

Well. My mum used to say if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. The idea of rating reps isn't totally daft. Doesn't Ale do it all the time with Pams? And jolly useful it is too.

Yep, but he doesn't score them 0-10. He gives a rating in terms of "this is the best currently available" and includes the various flaws.

What the OP seems interested in is some way to glance at a rep listing and have a number beside it saying how good it is.

Comparing that to ALE's thread is like comparing an apple to the Sun. How long does it take to read ALE's guide? How much info is in there? Massive amounts. It's more a bible than a rating system.

How good something is, is very subjective, even more so in this game. So, the OP is on a hiding to nothing, and to be honest I think he's just trolling and possibly is a sock

dfq23

Seeing as it is a sub the OP is on about, then there is already a rating scale he can use.

A Noob V7 Sub is SEVEN times better than the Noon V1!!! Yep, SEVEN times less likely to be called out as a fake than the first one they released.

Sometimes the rating system is so accurate that they can do it down to half a point like the AP Diver v3.5. The v7 is scientifically proven by science exatly twice as good.

trailboss99

I began using the internet when it was still ARPANET (would you believe Google Spellcheck does not recognise the "word"?), before even email existed let alone meme. I have been running message boards and then fora since day one and yet still I have no meme to adequately cover this. The below is as close as I can come:

alphapiomicronrhoiotaalpha_zpspi0bubpa.jpg

funny-gif-Nathan-Fillion-Castle-1.gif

8NWA.gif

Daffy

Oh sure, pull out the E-Peen. :)

Kids today won't know what Archie was. Or UUEncode. Or thinking long and hard before attempting a 5-10MB download on a 9600 baud modem.

I think I still have a copy of my old BBS laying around here somewhere. Is Usenet still active?

black263

I began using the internet when it was still ARPANET (would you believe Google Spellcheck does not recognise the "word"?), before even email existed let alone meme. I have been running message boards and then fora since day one and yet still I have no meme to adequately cover this. The below is as close as I can come:

8NWA.gif

There are a number of anomalies in Google spellcheck. If you set up autocorrect, it replaces the correct spelling of gullible, to one with only a single l. (gulible). I thought at first it was an american spelling, but it's not - just a mistake in the spellcheck dictionary.

Daffy

8NWA.gif

There are a number of anomalies in Google spellcheck. If you set up autocorrect, it replaces the correct spelling of gullible, to one with only a single l. (gulible). I thought at first it was an american spelling, but it's not - just a mistake in the spellcheck dictionary.

Are you sure that isn't a joke by Google?

LightGeek

They're all A+++ Swiss to Gen, or some are just A+ Made from Gen.