_DC_

Too many Pateks?!

_DC_

5070? It's beautiful!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Or 5270?

181b79982208d1b4cae996e34963d8df.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I've owned the 5070 and sold it on, was too large for my wrist, same was true of the 5170 above, but also just not a good enough rep in my opinion. It's a shame as I adore the 5170 gen, they need to make a rep of it that's actually 39mm.m!!!

DC

k3rm87

Amazing collection of Pateks :)

Brendan777

Nice collection, too bad you got rid of the 5070, they made a blue dial one that looks absolutely gorgeous.

_DC_
Nice collection, too bad you got rid of the 5070, they made a blue dial one that looks absolutely gorgeous.

Yep had one of them too...

184285B4-A9D1-4F1B-AC73-22B38F5EB56F_zpsjaosiqiw.jpg

Sold it as the dial was too blue for me, if it had been deep dark blue like gen it would have been a keeper!!!

Close, but no cigar!!

DC

Tony-hk

Hi DC, the 5205 seems too thick to be comfortable to Wear. As far as I know from your posts, you, like me, hate thick dress watches. Is it only the pic makes it look so thick?

Btw, I think you need a 5167 although I am sure you have considered that.

Gmtaddict

In fact, the Gen 5205 is quite a thick watch already, I reckon the Rep is on a similar size as the Gen...

_DC_
Hi DC, the 5205 seems too thick to be comfortable to Wear. As far as I know from your posts, you, like me, hate thick dress watches. Is it only the pic makes it look so thick?

Btw, I think you need a 5167 although I am sure you have considered that.

The 5205 isn't a dress watch, it's quite sporty actually. You are right though I don't like thick watches, but the 5205 is actually really well proportioned (think the pictures are deceiving). It's certainly not thin, but the steeply sculpted bezel and lugs make it wear beautifully and it's actually very comfortable considering it's over 40mm!!!

Oh and I've got a 5167 already, this was one of my first Pateks, of course...

04A2E148-B025-405E-88DD-884893116B0A_zpsr836s5do.jpg

DC

Tony-hk

Thanks DC for the input. You are spot on for proportion. I bought the 15450 for a small diameter because of my 6.5 wrist but I end up like my 15400 much more because of the bad proportion of the 15450. It is too thick for its 37mm diameter. The 5205 has quickly become one of the items on my wish list now. Could you share the factory and version of it. Is it also reasonably accurate and gen like?

_DC_

Don't know the factory and it's doesn't have a version name it's just the only decent 5205 rep. I got it from WatchFinder as with most of my watches but I'm sure other trusted dealers have them if you send a picture!!

DC

Tony-hk

Thank you DC. It helps a lot.

Godfathar

Think I may have too many Pateks (there's three Nautilus and an Aquanaut missing here too)...

DA10C649-4783-49CD-AE6A-BDB8F58048BA_zpshr8cbkhz.jpg

5970g, 5131g, 5227g, 530, 5131j, 5205g, 5370p, 5107g and 5396g.

Think I need a few more gold Pateks, the 5205 is so nice I may get the rose gold black dial too! What do you guys think should be next?!?

DC

Come on, you didn't get bored of them yet? waiting for that custom 5131g.. will pick it up with eyes closed ;)

bowtiefanatc

I love that 530, I like you DC have started to like the smaller 40mm or slightly below watches.

_DC_
I love that 530, I like you DC have started to like the smaller 40mm or slightly below watches.

'Tis the gentlemans choice, Sir!

DC

Kleen™

Nice, Dave...

umirza85

This seems like the perfect place to ask instead of making a new thread. I'm looking to get my first patek rep but am getting overloaded with choices. I've recently started to cull my large PAM collection having bought a gen and I've always loved Patek's. And going by the collection in the OP i really enjoy the more simpler ones.

Is there a list of reps that would be considered "super reps" as far as Pateks go, or even any recommendations?

blehbleh215

I have the same questions as well. What are the models are super rep and which TD do you guys usually go toward?

GenTLe
I have the same questions as well. What are the models are super rep and which TD do you guys usually go toward?

Super reps: look in the review section.

TDs: choose which one you prefer based on the feedbacks each of them has in his section.

Stewart
Need a big one. I would go with the 6300G-001. Plus with the two faces it is like getting two watches in one!

Haha, there's a reason all my watches are small, my noodle wrists couldn't take a 6300g... also they are horrendously ugly in my opinion!!

DC

Horrendously ugly?

patek-philippe-grandmaster-chime-01_zpsdhohrgma.jpg

_DC_
Need a big one. I would go with the 6300G-001. Plus with the two faces it is like getting two watches in one!

Haha, there's a reason all my watches are small, my noodle wrists couldn't take a 6300g... also they are horrendously ugly in my opinion!!

DC

Horrendously ugly?

patek-philippe-grandmaster-chime-01_zpsdhohrgma.jpg

Yep, in my opinion, all boxy and angular, and I'm not a fan of guilloche/pattern dials on Patek's either. It just looks like a Breguet to me!

DC

Bidle

Have to agree, they are for sure pieces of art, but far from stunning. I prefer the more simple designs from Patek.

Bobtaylor2355

Great collection!  

andyboy
11 hours ago, Bobtaylor2355 said:

Great collection!  

:blind:

RussP
13 minutes ago, andyboy said:

:blind:

I'm catching Andy's blindness................:blind:

:giggle: Can't see no collection here.

PlanetZoom