Sign in to follow this  
epalanb

why can I not pm from my smartphone?

epalanb

If I try to send a pm from my smartphone a little window opens where I am supposed to enter the title and the subject, however this little box/window dissapears down and to the right of the smartphone. No big deal if you could resize and or move the window, but it is frozen off in never never land where you can't even see what you are typing at all. Makes it next to impossible to send a pm from smartphone. btw, I am using a Samsung galaxy

Anyone else see this and/or have a fix?

Thanks

Waipio Jeff

Use Tapatalk.

epalanb

Yea, but then I have to use tapatalk. I don't know about others, but I find tapatalk to be about the worst experience ever. So bad that I want to just not bother at all.. Thanks for the suggestion though

BadPickle

Does the window move when you rotate to landscape? Or use the "mobile version"?

epalanb
Does the window move when you rotate to landscape? Or use the "mobile version"?

Its really strange. If i rotate to landscape the window disappears entirely. I can scroll around but everything is grayed out and the window is absolutely not there. If in regular orientation the window is active but pushed off to the bottom right and i can't move it or resize it and there is no way to use it because you can only see maybe 1/5 of the window

Nickfive

Try downloading a third party browser on your phone, like chrome or firefox.

delete your entire browsing history and clear cache.

greg_r

Not seen this problem - I can PM just fine from my iPhone, but you may have more luck with one of the lightweight themes (we have several to choose from - there's a 'change theme' option at the bottom left corner of every page) RWG Light or the mobile theme may solve your problem.

Bncrpt

Mate i have same thing on Galaxy. Find that if i just pinch and zoom to the section of text box i need can still type pm easily...sometimes the 'post' box disappears at bottom but if you turn phone then turn back it appears lol

Genius

I have had an issue with the send button dissapearing from the floating pm box only does it after I have written a certain amount of words I used to be able to get it back by minimising the I keyboard but recently that doesn't work. It's bit of a cunt if you want to start a new pm topic but once its started you just get the normal post screen. Just been sending shorter pm to start a convo