Sign in to follow this  
Panerista

DOA: Pam 512 mainspring HELP

Panerista

Hi

Got a Pam 512 from M2M and it arrived broken (not blaiming the seller) ... shit happens. Took it to local watchsmith and he said that the mainspring is broken (watch winds, runs for 5 min and stops).

Can I source a new mainspring or where I can send it for repairs?

IMG_0764_zpsv6ggcyib.jpg

GenTLe

Uhm, you sure it has broke in transit? I don't know the seller of this but sounds really strange... It is not easy to break a mainspring!

By the way this is not the usual 6497, so it will be not easy to find the right spring (not easy even to find which is that.movement!). I'd ask the watch guy to measure the broken spring and see if one with those characteristics is available on CousinUK (they sell mainspring based on lengthy, height and thickness, with different end-types).

Or you can try to find out the movement and get a new one and then swap the mainspring barrel in order to maintain the Panerai engravings.

Viquito

Panerista, did you ever find a fix for your watch?

Mine does something simmilar. It works for about 12 hours, then it won't work for more than a few secs, unless I keep resetting the time until it dies completely.

I was told that it's a modified 23j, not sure of any other details on the movement.

V