Sign in to follow this  
Panolex

pam 786b Winding Issue

Panolex

Hi Guys

I have a PAM 786B literally brand new, it was winding perfectly forthe first few weeks and the power reserve was 45 hours +

When i try to hand wind it now all that happens is the time changes :-)

Anyone know what's the cause for this? what the fix is please? Cheers

Synfreaker

I am no definitive expert but I had an issue like this and the guys here suggested it was the keyless gears causing the problem and sure enough that was it. Hope this helps.

GenTLe

You need to reset the keyless.

Once you've removed the movement from the case and took out hands and dial -> https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/135676-Keyless-work-fix-Part-1-6497

Otherwise you may try from the part below without removing the dial and hands, in such case you need 1st to remove the 2 fake plates that cover the 6497 movement, and then remove the winding bridge and finally work out to fix the thing. But it's more difficult and I don't suggest it.

Any way if you are not practical with movements and watch works ask a watch tech to do it for you. Remember that the first (and probably second and third) watch you're going to put your hands on (even proving to have valid tools) is easily going to be fucked up.

Cheers, GenTLe

BadPickle

Nah, don't listen to the idiot above...

Whip the back off and find the screw marked "stem" in the pic below, it'll most probably just come loose, give it a nip with a little inexpensive screwdriver :thumbsup:

9B5F0C6B-7884-48B1-B181-75FCB7079FCC_zpssmzktju7.jpg

Panolex

Thanks Guys it's much appreciated :-)

GenTLe

Let us know how it goes. Wanna see who was the idiot...

10:10 Watch Repair

Do we get to vote on that?

Panolex

I will let you guys know the outcome on Monday :-)

elp

You do :)

BadPickle

Abso-fuckin-lutely we do, maybe even a small wager beforehand? :D

ROLIE

I'll wager 2 goats a camel and a ferret :lol:

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

elp

I'll wager 2 goats a camel and a ferret :lol:

Tagged pics please :)

ROLIE

Still chasing the goat at the mo elp lmao

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

elp

Still chasing the goat at the mo elp lmao

I'd buy a video of that!

The way I see it there are two separate issues here:

Who is the idiot?

and

What's wrong with the watch?

Only one can be right about the watch, but you may both be idiots.

There is also the third and very unlikely possibility that neither of you is idiots. Maybe we should start a poll.

tonyh7

I think either or both could be idiots, but they're both right here. Try PB's fix first, then if its still fecked it needs a keyless reset a la Gentle. But be warned I've successfully done a keyless reset but it took me about 6 fecking hours most of that on my knees trying to find the hairspring.

BadPickle

I think either or both could be idiots, but they're both right here. Try PB's fix first, then if its still fecked it needs a keyless reset a la Gentle. But be warned I've successfully done a keyless reset but it took me about 6 fecking hours most of that on my knees trying to find the hairspring.

Hairspring????? on a keyless reset :lmao: that ain't how you do a keyless reset my friend, no wonder it took you SIX HOURS!!!!!! maybe another idiot has joined the group :lol:

BadPickle

The way I see it there are two separate issues here:

Who is the idiot?

and

What's wrong with the watch?

Only one can be right about the watch, but you may both be idiots.

There is also the third and very unlikely possibility that neither of you is idiots. Maybe we should start a poll.

Poll away ten-past-pen, poll away.....

I've successfully done a keyless reset but it took me about 6 fecking hours most of that on my knees trying to find the hairspring.

Poll away ten-past-pen, poll away.....

OK, 1 for tonyh7 in the idiot column.

I'm enjoying this poll already.

Edited by 10:10 Watch Repair

tonyh7

Hairspring????? on a keyless reset :lmao: that ain't how you do a keyless reset my friend, no wonder it took you SIX HOURS!!!!!! maybe another idiot has joined the group :lol:

Yoke spring you pedantic alcoholic twat. You knew what I meant. The little fucker than jumps. And at keast I don't have a picture of that murdering arsehole Worzel Gummidge as my avatar.

And at keast I don't have a picture of that murdering arsehole Worzel Gummidge as my avatar.

A fictional character?

Any more of this and they will accuse me of tampering with the poll results.

elp

Yoke spring you pedantic alcoholic twat. You knew what I meant. The little fucker than jumps. And at keast I don't have a picture of that murdering arsehole Worzel Gummidge as my avatar.

hqdefault.jpg

andyboy

Naughty Worzel

15696.jpg

Panolex

Here is an update :-)

Well I removed the fake movement plates and crown.Now that was as far as I could go :-)

I sent the watch to member "edwinowl" and he has sorted the keyless issue out :-) he said it was " A simple fix"

I am just confused why the Watch repair guy on here advised me that the watch will need a full service.

Cheers all for your help and a special thanks to "edwinowl" you are a true Gentleman.

GenTLe

Here we are, thanks for the confirmation OP :)

I haven't seen a suggestion for a full service, but I'd agree: once you have the movement without hands and dial it's good to have it serviced, it's a matter of 3h work that will make the movement to leave forever :)