ALE7575

A new step in PAM rep movement World

Atc70r

So I'm looking at getting a Pam 297 or 299 as I heard they were great but after all my research I find these clone movements and I really do prefer the 1950 styled case. Is there anyone who knows what the model is that combines all my desires?  Stainless, Gmt, date, bracelet, sandwich dial, and that new movement? If I had to give something up it would be sandwich as I will be getting a different Panerai to fill that need if I can't.  

The closest ive found is this - http://www.tb-2018.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=P.9001&product_id=1275

but I don't think it's got the right movement based on description.  

Whereas as this one does describe movement and get function

http://www.pf-828.com/watches/panerai/luminor-1950-3-days-auto-gmt/vsf-super-p9000-9001-super-clone/0-0-pn320m05-xf-pam-320m-luminor-1950-marina-ss-le-p9001.html

http://www.tb-2018.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=P.9001&product_id=2658

Maybe I can ask for the TD to have one with the clone movement put into the 329? 

Should i I rationally really desire this over the pam297 using an a7750? Maybe not anyone's knowledge or experience would be appreciated.  Hope I've shown you all I've done plenty of research. Maybe there isn't a golden ticket though. 

mysterio

Well if you ask, the worst that could happen is the TD would say no. So ask away. I am not hopeful though so keep that in mind. The PAM329 case that uses the A7750 movement on toro's site might not be able to accommodate the clone movement from the PAM320 or the PAM438  (plus this movement is black so visually not accurate). I have not tried this so I can't say if it will or it won't.

Atc70r

I’ll ask! Josh got back to me about the 297 and it’s no longer made so need to look for a different one.  How’s the 329? Can say I’ve found any reviews. 

mysterio
16 hours ago, Atc70r said:

I’ll ask! Josh got back to me about the 297 and it’s no longer made so need to look for a different one.  How’s the 329? Can say I’ve found any reviews. 

You can't find any reviews because the latest version was released 4 years ago and with the movement not being accurate and the GMT wrong, I doubt there were many buyers.

Atc70r

In comparison is the Vsf 320 better accuracy wise.  I’ve also gone through searching for those reviews and came up empty. I found one dealer (Susan) who said she can get me a bracelet but checking a few more out to see what can happen.  

Thanks for the information.  

Really just want a nice clean sandwich dialed gmt  which there doesn’t seem to many accurate reps with a bracelet to match. 

Jeromebr

Im also really interested in the VSF PAM320. I have a gen bracelet and would like to use it on the 320 as a 329.

But i can't find any review now for the PAM320 v1 or V2.