Sign in to follow this  
doodoowah57

SKY-F subs 116610 A-2813 QC shows 28800 vph

leebob

If you're not happy, don't approve and ask for clarification, if you're still not happy contact a mod for assistance

I have just email Joshua and indicated the discrepancy, he said it is high-beat ... is this true ??? One would have to assume that if it is the high-beat, the seller would indicate this in the descriptions.

If they're entry level it's highly unlikely they'll be high beat.

Josh seems to be making a bit of a dogs dinner with some of his listings too. A watch on M2M recently caused confusion as it was described as 2813, 25J, 28800?? Sounds like he needs to get his act together tbh.

Actually, it appears that some of them my well be high beat according to a couple of sets of QCs I've seen. This could, of course, be just another case of the factory fitting whatever movement they have available., so it may be luck of the draw..

Josh's QC pics guy gets lazy from time to time (occurs with many of the dealers, actually), but if Josh says it's high-beat.... :dunno:

If you're happy with the watch generally, I'd just accept it. If you get low-beat then that's what you were expecting in the first place, no?

I think I bought that watch on m2m it's a Milgauss that originally came from Josh, I took the opinion it was a good straight watch Goethe money and if it turned out to be hb it would be a bonus.

I recently got a noob dssd db from Tim, got a different movement to what I'd ordered although he did disclose on qc and again, I was of the opinion that for the money, it was a fair deal.

@op you gota look at if your happy to spend the cash on the low beat , and if something better turns up. Bonus .

anfalas

If you're not happy, don't approve and ask for clarification, if you're still not happy contact a mod for assistance

I have just email Joshua and indicated the discrepancy, he said it is high-beat ... is this true ??? One would have to assume that if it is the high-beat, the seller would indicate this in the descriptions.

Josh seems to be making a bit of a dogs dinner with some of his listings too. A watch on M2M recently caused confusion as it was described as 2813, 25J, 28800?? Sounds like he needs to get his act together tbh.

Actually, it appears that some of them my well be high beat according to a couple of sets of QCs I've seen. This could, of course, be just another case of the factory fitting whatever movement they have available., so it may be luck of the draw..

Josh's QC pics guy gets lazy from time to time (occurs with many of the dealers, actually), but if Josh says it's high-beat.... :dunno:

If you're happy with the watch generally, I'd just accept it. If you get low-beat then that's what you were expecting in the first place, no?

I think I bought that watch on m2m it's a Milgauss that originally came from Josh, I took the opinion it was a good straight watch Goethe money and if it turned out to be hb it would be a bonus.

I recently got a noob dssd db from Tim, got a different movement to what I'd ordered although he did disclose on qc and again, I was of the opinion that for the money, it was a fair deal.

@op you gota look at if your happy to spend the cash on the low beat , and if something better turns up. Bonus .

Yeah it was your Milgauss I was referring to and tbh that's a good way of looking at things. If you're happy with the price you've paid and not too hung up on low or high beat you've nothing to lose.

Just out of interest is the Milguass low or high beat? If the new 2813's are high beat (which is what Josh's site says) at under $200 that's a pretty decent deal.

doodoowah57

ACCORDING to the many posts, the new high-beat 2813 is a POS (I have no personal experience and am relying totally here from fellow members) .. as such, I would be better off with the lowly BUT MORE reliable 2183 that was listed in the description ... i have to rely totally on the TDs' descriptions for that which I cannot see but trust to be true ... it is one thing to get a better movement than one had paid for (and faster does not automatically make it better in terms of quality.), but definitely not acceptable to get an inferior product, even in this hobby, just my two seconds worth.

leebob

Yeah it was your Milgauss I was referring to and tbh that's a good way of looking at things. If you're happy with the price you've paid and not too hung up on low or high beat you've nothing to lose.

Just out of interest is the Milguass low or high beat? If the new 2813's are high beat (which is what Josh's site says) at under $200 that's a pretty decent deal.

Don't know yet, I bought it of the guy selling it on m2m bit when it turns up I'll be sure to update,,,

If you get your money's worth any extra is a bonus .

Also, rejecting a watch at qc is an awkward convo, I rejected a wonky pearl once and received it any way...

It's all fun and games init

Wriggles

Also, rejecting a watch at qc is an awkward convo, I rejected a wonky pearl once and received it any way...

Was it reported to the mods? A dealer sending you a watch you'd rejected is something that should be addressed.. Members staying quiet about such practices helps to propagate the problems so they then happen to other members.

This forum is supposed to be here to protect all members, if the members don't raise these kind of issues then it will be far less effective at doing that, and ultimately will only be doing other members a disservice

Genius
ACCORDING to the many posts, the new high-beat 2813 is a POS (I have no personal experience and am relying totally here from fellow members) .. as such, I would be better off with the lowly BUT MORE reliable 2183 that was listed in the description ... i have to rely totally on the TDs' descriptions for that which I cannot see but trust to be true ... it is one thing to get a better movement than one had paid for (and faster does not automatically make it better in terms of quality.), but definitely not acceptable to get an inferior product, even in this hobby, just my two seconds worth.

Personally I'd rather have a z2 "piece of shit" high beat over a basic 2813 it might not be as reliable but it is a straight swap for a eta clone so it makes the watch much easier to upgrade

doodoowah57

Personally I'd rather have a z2 "piece of shit" high beat over a basic 2813 it might not be as reliable but it is a straight swap for a eta clone so it makes the watch much easier to upgrade

Hmmmm ... that is very good news regarding a straight swap for an ETA clone; I had read somewhere that this wasn't the case ... many thanks for your continual insight; much obliged.

Left Coast Guy

Hmmm.....noob posts on forum asking good questions, clearly has done some reading......forum provide 3 pages of solid answers and info. I guess this place isn't all noob bashing.

And to contribute, I've got a high beat 2813 in a Bell&Ross, the first watch I ever bought, from TrustyTime (PC's twin) and its run perfect since the day I got it. So those high beats can't be all bad....

leebob

Was it reported to the mods? A dealer sending you a watch you'd rejected is something that should be addressed.. Members staying quiet about such practices helps to propagate the problems so they then happen to other members.

This forum is supposed to be here to protect all members, if the members don't raise these kind of issues then it will be far less effective at doing that, and ultimately will only be doing other members a disservice

I get what you say bit I'm not risking getting cut off or upsetting my td. I have also had members threatened to put me on a do not sell list after asking questions on a m2m sale

anfalas

I get what you say bit I'm not risking getting cut off or upsetting my td. I have also had members threatened to put me on a do not sell list after asking questions on a m2m sale

Agree with you as far as the TD is concerned but members threatening to put you on a 'do not sell' list?? Assuming your questions were reasonable and not thread crapping tell em to fuckin shove it.

greg_r

Hmmm.....noob posts on forum asking good questions, clearly has done some reading......forum provide 3 pages of solid answers and info. I guess this place isn't all noob bashing.

And to contribute, I've got a high beat 2813 in a Bell&Ross, the first watch I ever bought, from TrustyTime (PC's twin) and its run perfect since the day I got it. So those high beats can't be all bad....

Nope - if you get a good one, they're fairly ok. As an alternative to a 2813, they're not really as bad as some make out. They're a poor substitute for an ETA clone or Miyota, though - only worth considering if cheap.

Wriggles

Agree with you as far as the TD is concerned but members threatening to put you on a 'do not sell' list?? Assuming your questions were reasonable and not thread crapping tell em to fuckin shove it.

Agreed, I'd also question the logic of risking getting cut off from your TD. There's plenty out there. If I had a dealer pull that on me my money would be going elsewhere next time.

doodoowah57

Nope - if you get a good one, they're fairly ok. As an alternative to a 2813, they're not really as bad as some make out. They're a poor substitute for an ETA clone or Miyota, though - only worth considering if cheap.

As previously stated, I have no previous rep ownership experience and rely solely on comments/insights from other members in deciding which movement(s) to purchase.

The consensus indicate "in general", that the 2813 21600 vph is "better" than the high-beat version, how much better, who can say. Furthermore, this does not mean that whatever I get (either 21600 or 28800) will be "good or bad", only time will tell. I just don't want to end up with a bunch of "Ferraris with dead Pontiac Fiero engines" (background to this comment - I was at an annual Detroit auto show back in the 80's where a Pontiac Fiero was modified to look like a Ferrari on the exterior, but maintained the original Pontiac engine under the hood. From the exterior, it was a looker; but once you opened the hood, you'll notice the cheap engine. - this is akin to reps: great exteriors, and even 1:1; but the moment you crack the back, who really knows what one is getting and the related quality and lifespan that comes with it.)

I'm not blaming PC/Joshua; I understand he is at the mercy of the factories as are most if not all sellers. So the problem starts at the manufacturing & assembling process. Common sense would dictate that if there are any changes to the specs, the factory would indicate such to all sellers and in turn, the TDs would inform potential buyers. But this isn't a perfect world, it is an illegal business, and I tend to believe that because it is illegal, due diligence in part will be ignored - and we as the end user will pay for this sometimes disingenuous oversight.

As for the QC test results, it could very well be for the watches being offered AND not a fake reading; I bought the watches based on the specs in Josh's description; and I'm sure his descriptions are based on what the factory told him; and if changes are made at the factory-level and he is not informed, then it would be logical to conclude the the QC test results could very well show 28800 for the Z2 instead of the expected 21600 for the regular 2813. This said, "fake QC results" in the past from Josh has been mentioned, and if this is the case, I could possibly be getting a couple of watches that will die very soon as they did not pass the testing or worse, DOAs.

I'm trying to look at all of this objectively and without emotion - kinda tough to do.

anfalas

As previously stated, I have no previous rep ownership experience and rely solely on comments/insights from other members in deciding which movement(s) to purchase.

The consensus indicate "in general", that the 2813 21600 vph is "better" than the high-beat version, how much better, who can say. Furthermore, this does not mean that whatever I get (either 21600 or 28800) will be "good or bad", only time will tell. I just don't want to end up with a bunch of "Ferraris with dead Pontiac Fiero engines" (background to this comment - I was at an annual Detroit auto show back in the 80's where a Pontiac Fiero was modified to look like a Ferrari on the exterior, but maintained the original Pontiac engine under the hood. From the exterior, it was a looker; but once you opened the hood, you'll notice the cheap engine. - this is akin to reps: great exteriors, and even 1:1; but the moment you crack the back, who really knows what one is getting and the related quality and lifespan that comes with it.)

I'm not blaming PC/Joshua; I understand he is at the mercy of the factories as are most if not all sellers. So the problem starts at the manufacturing & assembling process. Common sense would dictate that if there are any changes to the specs, the factory would indicate such to all sellers and in turn, the TDs would inform potential buyers. But this isn't a perfect world, it is an illegal business, and I tend to believe that because it is illegal, due diligence in part will be ignored - and we as the end user will pay for this sometimes disingenuous oversight.

As for the QC test results, it could very well be for the watches being offered AND not a fake reading; I bought the watches based on the specs in Josh's description; and I'm sure his descriptions are based on what the factory told him; and if changes are made at the factory-level and he is not informed, then it would be logical to conclude the the QC test results could very well show 28800 for the Z2 instead of the expected 21600 for the regular 2813. This said, "fake QC results" in the past from Josh has been mentioned, and if this is the case, I could possibly be getting a couple of watches that will die very soon as they did not pass the testing or worse, DOAs.

I'm trying to look at all of this objectively and without emotion - kinda tough to do.

Absolutely..................and of course not forgetting your just as likely to get the pre-requisite 'stray pubes' in a high beat movement as a low beat.

It's a crapshoot at best which is why Greg's comment is probably the most relevant to this thread (and hobby) .......don't throw money at this if you can't afford to lose it ;)

doodoowah57

Update: just received QC pics from "re-processing" - vph is now 21600 for both subs (but red light is "on") ...everything else looks good and I have given Josh the green light to ship.

thanks again to everyone whom has contributed so greatly to this post and thread ... much obliged. Will provide pics once received.

leebob

I'm sure it will be fine buddy, look fwd to your updates,

Danny sargent

Nice tc sub

Sealdoggy

Just finished reading this thread, I just purchased a watch from Josh I just experienced the exact same issues.

Josh told me that his tech forgot to reset the counter, red light is clearly on showing the counter is in pause mode.

I sent Josh an e mail asking why the counter was showing 21600 when it is supposed to be 28800, he told me that the tech had forgot to reset the counter and he assured me that it was high count, don't know what to believe at this point, fingers crossed.

deju

The picture real or fake isn't worth shit.

Watch could be perfect at time keeping in China but it's about to get used as a football traveling accorded the world to you!

Sealdoggy
The picture real or fake isn't worth shit.

Watch could be perfect at time keeping in China but it's about to get used as a football traveling accorded the world to you!

Josh assured me the watch has a 2836 at 28800, I'm taking his word for it and told him to ship it. fingers crossed,