Sign in to follow this  
TRANSPORTER

Quick lume colour question

TRANSPORTER

Guys, what lume glows green but when on dial and hands looks more white than green? I've currently a stock of bergeon lume that I use but I have someone asking me to lume there rep vintage sub so they don't have to continue to wear their gen. The problem with the rep is that the ume is that dodgy old looking patina type, his gen of a good 30 years hasn't reached that stage of discolouration, the lume is just an off white so he wants his rep to look the same. Cheers

10:10 Watch Repair

watchlume.net

For a better vintage lume, use some Minwax wood stain after the lume.

NCRich

A second for watchlume. The vintage kit comes with a tube of brown pigment so that you can adjust the color as needed. I just used it last week and it is easy. Serves the same purpose as the wood stain but it is easy since it is all one kit. Really a lot of lume for $20. I was very pleased.

Monkey_Business

Interesting - How does one go about applying it, on watch hands for instance? Seems like a job I'd give to someone else :)

The vintage kit comes with a tube of brown pigment so that you can adjust the color as needed.

nice.

Interesting - How does one go about applying it, on watch hands for instance? Seems like a job I'd give to someone else :)

TRANSPORTER

Huge thanks for the replies and info guys, I've looked at the site and will have an order placed shortly cheers, as for applying to hands it's a nack mate,you apply it from the back of the hands, use an oiler to apply it around the edges first then you bridge across the hand edges to pull it across the gap. Divers hands can be a pain as the gap between each side of the hands is quite big and the trick is getting the viscosity of the lume mixcorrect, one for a nice smooth mixture otherso itspreadswellbut doesn't Shrink when drying, thus making you reapply anotherload of mix.

Practice makes perfect, but if you aren't doing it regularly it can be abit if a chore but enjoyable all the same when it glows all night.

On that note what lume does the noob factoryuse on their PO reps mine actually stays visible all night and I mean all night it's awesome

TRANSPORTER

Damn can't get onto watchlume.net site, keeps coming up with a message saying to many redirects and thats it, before I go on, does watchlume.net post to the UK?

bobandshawn
Really a lot of lume for $20. I was very pleased.

I didn't see a single thing for $20 there?

B

Monkey_Business

[quote name='10:10 Watch Repair' timestamp='1481904357' post='1931023'][quote name='4pekatt' timestamp='1481899338' post='1931008']
[/quote]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDumHBedBqw[/quote]

Thanks mate. This was super useful!

TRANSPORTER

Ok guys managed to eventually get onto watchlume.net and have emailed them, but have not as of yet got an answer from them, which is a pain as I could do with a time line of how long things are going to take.

JSJ

I've been round the loop on lume and the one and only Tritec Luminova is the answer for me.

The watchlume is OK and the old RWG shop was better but Superluminova is the best by a long way. Reassuringly unaffordable.

Available on ebay from France in a variety of colours. Search item number 172167225666 if this link doesn't work.

http://www.ebay.co.u...G7WWaty-uIe7W9w

TRANSPORTER

Cheers JSJ, just looked, im thinking C2 will do me, slightly off white when dry but a good green glow, just asked if they will combine postage on a couple of them hopefullyhear from them soon fingers crossed.

I won't bother ordering binder etc I'll use what I have from my bergeon kits, should save me a couple of pennies.

JSJ

I've bought from them a couple of times. Good service although the postage is a bit dear from France. Seems all the national post offices are trying to milk the online shoppers.

They also have gen oils and gen ETA parts which are the other items I have bought from them.

Hope it goes well.

PaulSH

Not too expensive. Not the premium Nemoto powder, but a lot for the money:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nemoto-Luminova-lume-powder-GLL-300FF-for-watch-dials-and-hands-restoration-/232178619058?hash=item360eec92b2:g:No8AAOSw3YNXYL15

Details here if you want further reading!: http://nemoto.co.jp/images/nlm/luminova/PDF/luminova.pdf

The e-bay seller has another Nemoto lume available, but the grain sizes are too large for a smooth uniform finish... so I read.

Nemoto supply RC Tritec.

To clarify, watchlume.com and watchlume.net are completely different. If you're looking for a product comparable to RC Tritec, watchlume.net is the one.

I also don't know that what the ebay seller (JSJ link) is selling is RC Tritec Swiss Luminova - it seems very inexpensive.