Stewart

Conspiracy theory - what's happened to RWI

Cleebeauregard

30 Million Swiss-made watches sold world wide last year with revenues of around 25 BILLION Swiss Francs.

I'd say a community like RWI (or any of the rep forums, for that matter) with around 110,000 members (only a small fraction of which are actually regularly active members) is merely a tiny flea on the ass of this giant industry-- not worth their time or effort to even bother with.

hublotkingpower
I'm just hoping all this will get sorted out without any problems, shout-out to the Mods for doing all they can !! On another note am I the only that can't login into my RWG account from Tapatalk?

I believe tapatalk has been disabled here!

Yep - a vulnerability in TT was part of what happened next door. Given that Tapatalk has been responsible for taking this place down twice in the past (albeit not as seriously as RWI's current problems) we decided not to give it a third chance.

ah that makes a lot of sense thank you for the clarification :) sorry for being newbie here

BenjaminButton

God that means idiots like twatdog may be coming here while it's down

Bring it on - I have a proper man crush on fuckdog.

onzenuub

Must have been:

Grote_Smurf.jpg

tripdog123

You still whining Dumb Fucking Qunt ?

Your balls seem to be so much bigger on this forum than RWI . . .

SamsonAusKognito
Oyyyy :facepalm:

MakeItStop.gif

Every time one of the boards goes down, somebody comes up with this damn silly notion.

Attacking a website is ILLEGAL No, a major watch manufacturer is not going to be doing something like this - if RWI's hosts were to catch 'em doing it, it could end up costing 'em a fortune (not to mention damage to reputation). If the watch manufacturers want us gone, they have several perfectly legal ways to do it.

In the frame are Chinese or Russian gangsters/scammers/whatever who may have an axe to grind. An ex-member (less likely as this attack is fairly sophisticated - someone need to know what they're doing for this much damage). Or possibly just someone doing it 'because they can' (wouldn't be the first time - we've had random attacks here on a couple of occasions).

Or it could be aliens (probably more likely than watch manufacturers).

:rolleyes:

To hell with these damn aliens!

I have no tolerance for them since they kidnapped me and kept me on their mother ship for several days.

My parents were pretty scared where I was left.

... but since they crossed my DNA with my dog's I can remember shortly happens events.

elp

Is that the guy who couldn't do simple maths and tried to hide it with some quality fuckwittery?

Nickfive

Does anyone actually know if other Tapatalk forums/sites have been affected by by this hack?

If so then it probably is revenue based, if not it probably is personal to RWI.

Just a thought :-)

onzenuub

Does anyone actually know if other Tapatalk forums/sites have been affected by by this hack?

Stop thinking, you know what's gonna happen with you if you are thinking.

Nickfive

It does get quite painful. Time to soothe the pain with a doombar

onzenuub

Yep and take your pils.

edwinowl

Can't beat a doombar lad. Nice pint.

Nickfive

Yep and take your pils.

I've run out can you share some of yours? Please don't send me those blue diamond shaped ones again though they made me feel funny!

Can't beat a doombar lad. Nice pint.

The best sir!

dhmrs

I hope it's back up soon

onzenuub

I hope it's back up soon

That's what she said. :rofl:

rhp1462

Don't worry bud. We are building a wall

trailboss99

MakeItStop.gif

Every time one of the boards goes down, somebody comes up with this damn silly notion.

Attacking a website is ILLEGAL No, a major watch manufacturer is not going to be doing something like this - if RWI's hosts were to catch 'em doing it, it could end up costing 'em a fortune (not to mention damage to reputation). If the watch manufacturers want us gone, they have several perfectly legal ways to do it.

In the frame are Chinese or Russian gangsters/scammers/whatever who may have an axe to grind. An ex-member (less likely as this attack is fairly sophisticated - someone need to know what they're doing for this much damage). Or possibly just someone doing it 'because they can' (wouldn't be the first time - we've had random attacks here on a couple of occasions).

Thank you G! Everything he said folks.

Strike back and hit the Swiss watch companies swapping their fancy pictures into reps and maybe no one will notice. After a couple of weeks reveal to the world and they really will look like idiots LOL

Yeah, that would be real smart, poking the bear would. :facepalm:

I'm not sure, as I know (or was told) this was an exploit from tapa. Now, when it comes to attacks, since this was via tapa, I highly doubt we were one of the only exploited. So I have a feeling others are down as well..

But, now lets say for conspiracy theories, someone is trying to make us stop.. They would without hacking.. If caught, well, they would be bent over in legal issues.

But a better conspiracy theory, is that its a multiverse, or someone has failed to use my "blackcard" appropriately, and now has crashed our home.

I believe this isn't a targeted attack, but instead simply a vulnerability with Tapatalk being exploited on a larger scale. The attack hasn't actually shut down the site, but instead has injected ads into the site, which brings in revenue to the owner of these ads.

I can guarantee that other sites have been infected in a similar way to allow for more of these ads to be shown to a wide range of users, which creates a revenue stream for the person behind the attack. If this was a targeted attack against RWI, this group would have easily been able to shut the site down, due to them already having access to the underlying code base, but instead they chose to simply inject ads to create revenue. From how things went, it appears as if they found a vulnerability in RWI and other sites with similar backend setups, and created an automated process to inject these ads into the code base, meaning the people behind this most likely never even accessed the site themselves, and instead had their automated 'bot' take care of injecting the ads.

So to reiterate the above into:

This doesn't look like a targeted attack specifically in RWI, but instead a wide range attack to sites with the same vulnerabilities to allow for a revenue stream of whoever is behind this.

Thing is guys, no one else did get hit. My belief is that the idea was to destroy our google ranking and various trust ratings by having us spew spam. That has so much longer lasting an effect than just taking the place down for a few days (and they could have). The adverts are not legit, companies like Bet365 do not use spam advertising tactics.

JSJ

I'm going with the alien theory.

Fluff the magic dragon.

eastrandmullet

it was Trump....SAD!

eastrandmullet

MakeItStop.gif

Strike back and hit the Swiss watch companies swapping their fancy pictures into reps and maybe no one will notice. After a couple of weeks reveal to the world and they really will look like idiots LOL

I'm not sure, as I know (or was told) this was an exploit from tapa. Now, when it comes to attacks, since this was via tapa, I highly doubt we were one of the only exploited. So I have a feeling others are down as well..

But, now lets say for conspiracy theories, someone is trying to make us stop.. They would without hacking.. If caught, well, they would be bent over in legal issues.

But a better conspiracy theory, is that its a multiverse, or someone has failed to use my "blackcard" appropriately, and now has crashed our home.

I believe this isn't a targeted attack, but instead simply a vulnerability with Tapatalk being exploited on a larger scale. The attack hasn't actually shut down the site, but instead has injected ads into the site, which brings in revenue to the owner of these ads.

I can guarantee that other sites have been infected in a similar way to allow for more of these ads to be shown to a wide range of users, which creates a revenue stream for the person behind the attack. If this was a targeted attack against RWI, this group would have easily been able to shut the site down, due to them already having access to the underlying code base, but instead they chose to simply inject ads to create revenue. From how things went, it appears as if they found a vulnerability in RWI and other sites with similar backend setups, and created an automated process to inject these ads into the code base, meaning the people behind this most likely never even accessed the site themselves, and instead had their automated 'bot' take care of injecting the ads.

This doesn't look like a targeted attack specifically in RWI, but instead a wide range attack to sites with the same vulnerabilities to allow for a revenue stream of whoever is behind this.

Thing is guys, no one else did get hit. My belief is that the idea was to destroy our google ranking and various trust ratings by having us spew spam. That has so much longer lasting an effect than just taking the place down for a few days (and they could have). The adverts are not legit, companies like Bet365 do not use spam advertising tactics.

I'm with you on this - but whatever, we will rebuild!

(hopefully with more order)

oh btw since we are on a new forum.... where can I get a 1:1 Rolex?

JSJ

Fucking hundreds of noobs, all of them asking for the best sub.

antonioG

It was done by watch manufactures (not directly, off course). This is not conspiracy theory. Cyberattacks and corporate espionage performed by hackers are quite common nowadays.

When acting against trusted dealers´s websites, they can do it in a legal way (wich they do A LOT!). But against a forum website is not so easy (because most countries safeguard websites like this under the "freedom of speech" rights).

In the past few days, i notice the RWI website being constantly bad rated at WOT program (a Google Chrome extension tool, wich users can rate websites as thrustworty or scammers, malware, fraud, etc). Before, RWI was rated as "trusted site" at WOT. Of course that was coordinated action for the site look suspicious to new users. And now, a cyberattack? I wasn´t surprised....

Some guys dont believe watch manufactures can do this, because "its illegal"... well, i think the manufactures just aren´t afraid of being sued by a replica watch forum, mainly because they are protecting a millionaire business, and a corporate cyberattack is difficult to prove.

Edited by antonioG

Thelittleprince

MakeItStop.gif

I'm with you on this - but whatever, we will rebuild!

(hopefully with more order)

oh btw since we are on a new forum.... where can I get a 1:1 Rolex?

I dont know where you can get the best rolex, but i believe we came to the conclusion that subway has the best sub.

GhostInTheFog

It was Putin, of course. Didn't you guys see what he did to Hillary?

rarebear

I had a friend of a friend that was a Elite Member of what was called "The Scene"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez_scene

Hackers or as the scene calls them Crackerz have underground sites with info on how take sites down or crack protection of programs with the tools and instructions on how to do it..

All you need to do is to stumble on a website with the tools and a how to.. Young Bucks do dumb things to show their friends..

Young Bucks do stupid stuff or someone paints a target on you..