Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Vac Lume Plankton Modded DSSD and 2 AP's, 1 stock

plankton

Gents,

Been awhile since I bought and modded some watches so here are the latest 4. Not my best pics, some dust showing but you will see the mods clearly.

AP Blue Themes, movement lube & service, complete polish and OEM crystal from Vac with better AR. This is really sweet, I keep going back to this and the Panda (coming next). The crystal is breathtaking, harder and clear with zero tint at any angle.

HgVfWcM.jpg

rCdbUR0.jpg

7EVWlwl.jpg

DSSD, V2 Modded with ETA T2 2836-2, OEM crystal with new AR from Vac. A beauty! Just the right amount of glare to look OEM for sure.

uf6mtLa.jpg

jNrAHNY.jpg

uf6mtLa.jpg

AP Panda.... I know, this is my 3rd modded one. Anyhow did the full Spa on this one but with Steves crystal and a sweet strap from AP Bands.

cZThaVu.jpg

NPpbWqO.jpg

Last the new PAM Ceramic, bone stock, this will be the one to wear in the pool or out in the yard.

shIgPo5.jpg

Nice surprise with the new movement in the correct position, VSF I think.

DDhJr6r.jpg

RussP

Pics look good to me.

Thanks for sharing.

rusty peters

Wear a PAM in the pool? Is that kosher?

By the way, I love the collection. Some fine ringers there!

plankton

Wear a PAM in the pool? Is that kosher?

By the way, I love the collection. Some fine ringers there!

IMO the PAM is the tightest then the DSSD, both tested out over 4 ATM. Clearly the AP's are not meant to get near water.

Thanks Rusty, they have been fun to do.

simonbolivar

Very nice work, some beauties there.

plankton

I've got to get better pics of the DSSD and Blue Themes crystal, VAC's new crystals are amazing.

Cleebeauregard

Damn Plankton, your work keeps getting better and better. Been thinking about upgrading my 1st generation NOOB DSSD blue to one of the new "V7s" with the correct semigloss dial, but that V2 looks pretty fine...

plankton

Damn Plankton, your work keeps getting better and better. Been thinking about upgrading my 1st generation NOOB DSSD blue to one of the new "V7s" with the correct semigloss dial, but that V2 looks pretty fine...

The V2 is fine, I had the V7 and it didnt do anything earth shattering except the stock AR was already better but I wanted one I could add the high end t2 ETA, V2 was perfect for the modding. Side by side you cannot tell with the naked eye compared to gen.

Thanks!!!

Cleebeauregard

40 some watches into this disgraceful addiction now, but I keep coming back to the DSSD- definitely one of my favorites. I'll keep a lookout for the next modded DSSD you put up on M2M-- I have a couple other reps from you in the box now ;)

Happy holidays!

plankton
40 some watches into this disgraceful addiction now, but I keep coming back to the DSSD- definitely one of my favorites. I'll keep a lookout for the next modded DSSD you put up on M2M-- I have a couple other reps from you in the box now ;)

Happy holidays!

You know bro I keep coming back to the DSSD as well.

nunu78

this DSSD will be mine, if he ever sells it :)

plankton
this DSSD will be mine, if he ever sells it :)

Yes nunu78 has first dibs

childishthing

Those are all great, I've had a couple watches I've considered getting AR'd. Curious why you went with VAC for a couple watches, but with Steve for the other... why?

plankton

Those are all great, I've had a couple watches I've considered getting AR'd. Curious why you went with VAC for a couple watches, but with Steve for the other... why?

I did Steve's crystal on the 44, he had one in stock and it was clear and ready to go. His crystals are great, VAC has started to source real sapphire recently he told me so I went with his on the 2 of them. Initially I was curious if they where better but as you can see from the results they are tremendous.I guess it will come down to convenience because Steve seems to always have them in stock where VAC you will have to place an order and they are more than Steve's.

DarkGlass

DSSD looks amazing not had a V7 myself but I'm assuming they've sorted the loose bezel, your pics are wonderful keep em coming

Thrasher

I need to do a new DSSD as well, Maybe after christmas

Nikosaldente

Some serious mods here!

Great job Plankton, they look awesome!

pfdamion876

Great pics. Steve's crystals are beautiful but have a blue tint at certain angles. Do VAC's crystals not have this tint?

plankton
Great pics. Steve's crystals are beautiful but have a blue tint at certain angles. Do VAC's crystals not have this tint?

The OEM he offers have zero tint at angles, nice!

superhypernever

Thanks for sharing! I am considering watches I did not think about before.

pfdamion876

The OEM he offers have zero tint at angles, nice!

Wow that's great. Any chance we can get some comparison pics?