Sign in to follow this  
truekumar

Rolex DayDate 40mm BP - Opinions on best colour combination?

truekumar

Rolex DayDate 40mm BP Asia ETA 2836

Hi guys,

Ok, so I've decided on this fine timepiece. Im looking at possible purchasing it from Andrew at TrustyTime. But if anyone knows of anywhere I can find it cheaper than $348 then please let me know, I need shipping to the UK.

Ok, now to the questions. Is the Asia ETA 2836 decent on this piece? Any opinions?

Secondly, I would like the most genuine colour representation at that price point, which colour combination would you guys recommend? I quite like the olive green dial or the brown dial. Although not sure which bracelet to go with? I will either go with the RoseGold bracelet and Green Olive dial OR the normal Steel bracelet with Green Olive dial as per below:

http://www.trustytimezone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=16022

http://www.trustytimezone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=15474

Which of these two do you guys think looks the better option? I want something quite masculine yet quite dressy at the same time. I was thinking that maybe the rose gold could be a little feminine in terms of the shade of the gold? Does anyone know if the olive green dial is available with Yellow Gold at all? I cannot find one on TrustyTime.

Also in regards to gold bracelets, how well do they fair in regards to wear and tear over time? Does the gold fade with time, I've heard it could be a better option to just go with a steel bracelet.

Hmmmmm...decisions, decisions! Any help would be much appreciated guys! Cheers in advance!

Realism
:picard2:

Cleebeauregard

Well, the one I have is obviously the best combination, lol

IMG_0701_zpsww5j4vmf.jpg

IMG_0698_zps3k4akizp.jpg

SamsonAusKognito

IMG_0701_zpsww5j4vmf.jpg

IMG_0698_zps3k4akizp.jpg

It is the best combi :thumbsup:

I have the same.

jordanrides

This is my personal favourite colour combo but would go with the green gold combo if i had to choose between the two but I'm very partial to most gold watches.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=123126&st=0

Have it under Xmas tree waiting for me now.

I chose asian movement because of what what I read in the movement section

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6930

Fading gold... A little debatable about how much the new gold watches fade but I'd buy it with confidence.

NFleischer

They are both nice watches, some people shy away from all gold but the truth is they don't fade or wear off much.

I doubt that there is any gold at all in these pieces- who really knows. The Gold version is listed as Swiss but as you've seen the chances of getting a new

Swiss ETA movement is almost zero. Happy Holidays.

WatchaholicMallorca

IMG_0701_zpsww5j4vmf.jpg

IMG_0698_zps3k4akizp.jpg

I have the same.

1F3E9965-1BE7-4288-B0D4-A26C3CE8C4F3_zps5rjhpuwz.jpg

I disagree hahahah

SamsonAusKognito

IMG_0701_zpsww5j4vmf.jpg

IMG_0698_zps3k4akizp.jpg

I have the same.

I disagree hahahah

I should have both :)

WatchaholicMallorca

Agreed

I have this under the Christmas tree

AA7836D4-8832-45AD-BECB-809ED89A5D61_zpsegfzgbmd.jpg

Member X

I'm liking the green dial on stainless steel - I'm not sure I am worried about whether it's a gen combination or not :lol: lol

Mr_B

IMG_0701_zpsww5j4vmf.jpg

IMG_0698_zps3k4akizp.jpg

This

GhostInTheFog

I'm liking the green dial on stainless steel - I'm not sure I am worried about whether it's a gen combination or not :lol: lol

It does exist.. but it's white gold, not stainless. I've been eyeing that one for a while now, I got the blue dial but there's just something about the green....

Sneaky Pete

Any feelings about how close the SS looks compared to WG? I would think the difference is pretty obvious, even from "on the wrist".

WatchaholicMallorca

I don't rate the SS versions, I had the platinum dial and whether it's platinum or white gold, they don't have the same shine, apart from the weight I'd say the gold versions are more accurate.

09662A05-9DB6-4AA2-A78B-BAE1C634E6B6_zpsjw2u6ixn.jpg

Member X

It does exist.. but it's white gold, not stainless. I've been eyeing that one for a while now, I got the blue dial but there's just something about the green....

Cheers for the info :) I agree!

I've got the black dial 41mm DDII and think it's lovely.

truekumar

Thanks for your opinions guys! I am really stuck on my decision making skills now. I've decided to drop the brown dial but now after seeing yours 'watchaholicmallorca', im now having sleepless nights over these two options: the green dial rose gold OR the white dial yellow gold........arrrgggghh! I so wish I could afford both of them!

http://www.trustytimezone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=15474

http://www.trustytimezone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_452&products_id=15482

WatchaholicMallorca

IMO the yellow gold is more flashy, the rose slightly more understated, could say the RG is a touch of class, but still quite sophisticated. Only thing is the RG color is not the same as the 'everose' used by Rolex, where as the YG is pretty spot on (compared it to my Inlaws gen ladies DD)

My fave is the YG, but if I had to buy a third it would be the green dial. Something about green dial Rolex's just appeals to me.

But at the end of the day it is you laying out the money and you that will be wearing it so don't take much notice of us lot :rofl:

truekumar

Are these still available and if so where? Any updated versions?

watch.aholic

IMG_0701_zpsww5j4vmf.jpg

IMG_0698_zps3k4akizp.jpg

I have the same.

I disagree hahahah

And i agree with you

The astromaster

Get the arabic numerals