Sign in to follow this  
SCmarine

Has anyone bought from SwissTime?

SCmarine

The site is tempting! I was a Swiss movement gmt II Pepsi. 1.3 is steep but it's in my budget. If not this place where else could I go?

www.swisstime.sr/rolex-gmt-master-ii-ss-red-blue-ceramic.html

Admin edit: Active link to scam site disabled

Rx4Time

Ummm, can you say SCAM SITE? They overcharge and show pics of gens and send you at best a mid level quality rep you could have bought from out TDs for hundreds, no wait, I can probably go as far as thousand dollars less. Stick with TD's and M2M. You (and your wallet) will be much happier. That site in particular always makes me laugh when it showed up on RWI.

SCmarine
Ummm, can you say SCAM SITE? They overcharge and show pics of gens and send you at best a mid level quality rep you could have bought from out TDs for hundreds, no wait, I can probably go as far as thousand dollars less. Stick with TD's and M2M. You (and your wallet) will be much happier. That site in particular always makes me laugh when it showed up on RWI.

Thanks. That's why I'm asking. I mostly find Asian copies and I'm looking for a Swiss made.

RepGuy

Thanks. That's why I'm asking. I mostly find Asian copies and I'm looking for a Swiss made.

You need to do some serious reading of the new member section. There is no such thing as a Swiss Made replica watch, they are all made in China. I suggest reading all of the new member posts to learn about what to look for/expect, because questions like this won't get you a good answer from the forum.

SCmarine

I knew I would get chewed out. I was looking for a quick answer and was willing to take the risk. I appreacite you taking the time.

RepGuy

I knew I would get chewed out. I was looking for a quick answer and was willing to take the risk. I appreacite you taking the time.

You're not getting chewed out, I'm trying to give you information so you can research these things yourself and come to a conclusion on your own. Even if you don't plan to contribute to the forum and only want a quick way to learn enough to buy a decent rep, those new member posts are your best bet. Honestly, it would probably only take an hour or so, at most, to read through the majority of information needed to make an informed purchase.

Rx4Time

Truthfully, no such thing as a "swiss made" rep. The best you can do is get an accurate model with an ETA (swiss) movement in them. Below are a couple of examples of our TD's offerings (pure time is a TD on RWI where I normally post). Toro Bravo offers an upgrade to a Swiss ETA for $90, which is something I would consider. Some suggestions I will offer, for a GMT model, stick with the 2836 movements whether asian or swiss. Avoid the 3185/3186 clone movements as they have a very questionable reliability and no replacement parts. If you really want "the best", consider "frankening" your watch. I did this with my submariner and while it add to the cost, I'm confident that noone outside of a Rolex watchsmith closely inspecting it would be able to tell it's a rep. The main things that stand out and are tells for someone who is familiar and knowledgeable are the cyclops on the crystal, the gen has a beautiful double AR coating causing a "black hole" effect, which no rep has. Noobs have a single AR coating, but it's still nowhere near. The other major tell visible from the wrist is the text on the bezel insert. The color tone is always off. I posted a couple of pictures below for your reference.

http://www.tb-688.co...product_id=1986

http://puretime03.co...elet-a2836.html

stock subc, noob v5 supplied by BK:

IMG_20160415_213213_zpsljjd63ru.jpg

after gen crystal and bezel insert installation:

IMG_20161207_192202_zps6vtl6z6r.jpg

IMG_20161207_192143_zpszhbhn6mt.jpg

comparison of noob insert vs gen insert:

IMG_20161213_002009_zpsttfnbuy2.jpg

pearl comparison

IMG_20161213_001451_zpsfvxs4c1y.jpg

Rx4Time

As said, this is not a chewing out, but these questions are asked over and over and they can be very frustrating. None of us want you or anyone else to get scammed and we all want you to be able to make informed decisions. I can tell you my perspective and my opinions as I did above, but I don't know if a) you are concerned with the came level of accuracy I am and b) want to spend as much as I have to achieve that level of accuracy. If you need help, feel free to drop me a PM either here, or on RWI when it's back up.

SCmarine

As said, this is not a chewing out, but these questions are asked over and over and they can be very frustrating. None of us want you or anyone else to get scammed and we all want you to be able to make informed decisions. I can tell you my perspective and my opinions as I did above, but I don't know if a) you are concerned with the came level of accuracy I am and b) want to spend as much as I have to achieve that level of accuracy. If you need help, feel free to drop me a PM either here, or on RWI when it's back up.

Completely understand. I'm in the military so any kind of constructive criticism pretty much is "getting chewed" - I don't get butt hurt. I know I'm stepping into unknown territory but willing to learn. I have a GEN omega sea master and love it. No begginers watch so now I want more but have learned it comes with a heavy price. I'm willing spend to achieve the accuracy you were looking for. What kind of price tag comes with that?

Rx4Time

Ok, the numbers hurt to think of...

watch from BK, noob v5 swiss ETA: $705

Gen crystal and gasket $350

gen Bezel insert $800

Installation and waterproofing: $60

Total: $1915 (ouch)

First time I've pulled my receipts and totaled it up. Truthfully, I have no regrets and I've got a modern 6 digit sub (ceramic insert) that I have no worries or fears of being called out on since the tells have been eliminated. Anyone who calls it out would be just guessing as the dial takes an examination under a loupe to see the variances to gen. The only thing left I could do is change the pinion height to H4, but I'm not really wanting to change out the good swiss made movement parts for such a minor improvment. Reliability is most important to me, The only other thing to consider is a gen bracelet, but I'm not really wanting to spend $1k or so on one. This is now my go to watch for formal occasions. The inserts are extremely hard to come by, hence the high price. The crystal I was able to get from a member of rolex fourm. In your case, you are most likely looking at a crystal only unless you luck out and find an insert as the GMT is less common and the insert even harder to come by. In general Rolex is by far the most expensive to mod/franken. I've done other brands and the cost was nowhere near. My next closest one was my Skyland Avenger which all in was in the neighborhood of $700 for a swiss ETA movement and gen handset swap.

Zalme

Hi,

Never buy to Swiss time or solidswiss there are pure scam. I'm Swiss: no body will make in Switzerland replica of Rolex even at the border: first he will be caught very rapidly and secondly Rollex and other are full "Manufacturers" they built all parts of the watch and buy at no one any part and they have really good layers.

There sites are beautiful and what you see is genius. What you get if you order is medium quality.

The truth I have been caught I have order a Rolex GMT II Batman from Solidswiss there is about 3 year ago: what I got is poor replica of the GMT 2, bad movement, painting on the bretzel fading......this replica worth max 250 US$ and I paid for more than a big green for it.

My advise go to a TD or if you want a real good replica go to a Moder like BK.