vincenttngo1

Noobie here...need help on deciding which DateJust II to order!!

vincenttngo1

Hey guys so I'm extremely new to the whole replica watch game and I really wanted to grab a datejust II as my first to start off with (oversized 41mm w/fluted bezel)...my main questions are

1. BP or Noob? I've heard that BP is far superior but I still wanted to get a few more opinions from people have potentially owned either or both.

2. Was going to purchase off ToroBravo but I can't find to see the BP factory version anywhere, only the noob. Where else would be a trustworthy place to purchase if I do decide to go with BP?

And yes I did do a little snooping around to find info that way I don't have to post and ask these questions, and I remember seeing some threads about it on RWI, but their website is closed for the time being and I can't access those forum threads anymore so I have to resort to posting a thread asking the questions myself :(

Please help me out guys!

Rx4Time

Trusty time sells the BP versions. Spend the few $$ extra and get the 2836 movements. In the long run, you will be happier with it as the 21 j version runs at 6 vps vs the 2836 and gen run at 8 vps. Also, the 21j version is unidirectional wind, so some (not all) tend to have a loud spinning rotor which can in a worst case scenario be heard at arm's length and cause the watch to wobble. The 21 j version is also harder to regulate, should you need to, due to the lack of a fine adjustment screw. Personally, I'd spend the money for the ETA, but remember, they are often times reclaimed units rebuilt with Asian parts, but it is my preference. Don't get me wrong, the A2836 is good and reliable also, but this is a personal preference (the 2813 is also a reliable workhorse movement, just not as appropriate in this application)

here is one example:

http://www.trustytimezone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_294&products_id=14838

Edited by teddy875

johnlogan

Trusty time sells the BP versions. Spend the few $$ extra and get the 2836 movements. In the long run, you will be happier with it as the 21 j version runs at 6 vps vs the 2836 and gen run at 8 vps. Also, the 21j version is unidirectional wind, so some (not all) tend to have a loud spinning rotor which can in a worst case scenario be heard at arm's length and cause the watch to wobble. The 21 j version is also harder to regulate, should you need to, due to the lack of a fine adjustment screw. Personally, I'd spend the money for the ETA, but remember, they are often times reclaimed units rebuilt with Asian parts, but it is my preference. Don't get me wrong, the A2836 is good and reliable also, but this is a personal preference (the 2813 is also a reliable workhorse movement, just not as appropriate in this application)

here is one example:

http://www.trustytim...oducts_id=14838

THIS!!

NCRich

here is one example:

http://www.trustytim...oducts_id=14838

THIS!!

Asian eta like the one linked are not built with reclaimed parts. Anything labeled Swiss might be a repaired movement or god knows what. Asian ETAs may come dirty, unoiled, and with Chinese pubes, but they don't have reclaimed parts. In most cases you have to pay extra for the pubes.

Mr_B

Just email a dealer with your requirements, BP Asian 2836 is the way to go. Any TD will be able to source one.

gavmeister
In most cases you have to pay extra for the pubes.

Dammit man! I thought i was getting a discount for pubes.....

dappel08
On 12/26/2016 at 01:04, vincenttngo1 said:

Hey guys so I'm extremely new to the whole replica watch game and I really wanted to grab a datejust II as my first to start off with (oversized 41mm w/fluted bezel)...my main questions are

1. BP or Noob? I've heard that BP is far superior but I still wanted to get a few more opinions from people have potentially owned either or both.

2. Was going to purchase off ToroBravo but I can't find to see the BP factory version anywhere, only the noob. Where else would be a trustworthy place to purchase if I do decide to go with BP?

And yes I did do a little snooping around to find info that way I don't have to post and ask these questions, and I remember seeing some threads about it on RWI, but their website is closed for the time being and I can't access those forum threads anymore so I have to resort to posting a thread asking the questions myself :(

Please help me out guys!

I have learned from talking with a number of TD's that BP factory specializes in rolex reps and that they are very high quality IF you pay the extra money for the better versions. However, if you are looking for a two-tone version then you may want to look into Noob.  BP factory does not have a gold wrapped version and if you are looking for high quality you will want gold wrapped and NOT gold plated.  This has nothing to due with the durability but more for the overall look of the watch.  A typical gold plated jubilee or oyster band will just be top coated (gold plated) and that is a dead giveaway when you can see that the center links are just top coated with gold because rolex would never use gold plating on their products. Noob has a gold wrapped version, but the specs are not a good as the BP factory.  So I guess its kind of a catch 22 and all in you preference because both are going to have flaws and quick giveaways.  I h ave been told that BP factory will be launching their new datejust2 versions in the near future so you may want to hold off for the new release as Im sure some of the flaws will be addressed

Foxindebox

One would hope the OP's indecision didn't last 9 months...

Ped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk