Sign in to follow this  
doodoowah57

Major cockup with my 1st 3 attempts re: my first two reps - SKY subs 116610

doodoowah57

r01.jpg

My first ever reps: SKY sub 116610 from PC @ $138 USD per postpaid

r1.jpg

PC's description: beginner's rep; A-2813 movement; sapphire crystal with AR including cyclops; 120-clikck unidirectional bezel with ceramic insert; blue lume; 316F steel; 40.5/13 size; engraved rehaut; alphanumeric serial number @ 6; etched crown on crystal @ 6; rolesor clasp oyster bracelet with diver extension.

r3.jpg

First impression upon opening the well-packaged parcel was the heftiness and general quality of the watch. I was impressed. Love the new sliding mechanism in the clasp that allows for quick adjustments. I carefully inspected each watch; tightened the screws; polished the surfaces ... mandatory due diligence except for cracking it open

r5.jpg

IMHO, I think the detail quality of the crown logo could have been much better. That said, the bracelet & clasp function very well. Yes, there was some stiffness to the bracelet at first but will attend to this with some WD40 in the near future.

I had already adjusted the bracelet before the photo-shoot. I took four links off to fit my tiny 6.25" wrist.

r7.jpg

r6.jpg

r8.jpg

r9.jpg

the blue AR on the cyclops is quite noticeable at certain angles

r12.jpg

Since I don't have a gen to compare it with - I can't give any opinions to how close it comes to the real-deal. BUT I can say it is a very good looking watch with sufficient heft, quality, and high-end attributes that makes it a "great bang for the buck" ... AND this is a so-called "beginner's rep". I can do much worse for $138 USD.

The first set of QCs from Josh showed that the watch was running @ 28800; I questioned him regarding this as it is a A-2813 movement (of course, it could have been the high-beat A2813, then 28800 would have been correct.) Second set of QCs indicate 21600 vph. Was the first set of QCs genuine ??? I don't know. Was the second set of QCs genuine ??? I don't know. In comparison to a 28800, it would appear that the two subs are running at 21600.

I will be bringing these to my watch-guy (he knows they are reps) and he will inspect the movements for proper lube; general cleanliness; loose parts; unidentifiable particles; and the proverbial pube ... will the movements last until tomorrow; next week; next moth; next year ... I don't know, BUT I will do my very best to treat them like any other watch I own: with a lot of TLC.

Thanks for reading this post ... and very sorry for my first three sad attempts at posting with pics.

onzenuub

Did you use locktight for the screws?

Moondustesp

Glad you got the pics up. Enjoy the watches :)

DarkGlass

Look good, how's the bezel tightness ?

doodoowah57

Did you use lochtight for the screws?

Stores closed on 27th ... will be on my to-do list for tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

Cleebeauregard

These look pretty good for "beginner-range" reps. Still waiting for someone to do a side by side with the Regmariner, though I'd without question lean towards Narikaa's offering on Subs in this price range--principally because of his status as a highly trusted and reputable dealer (and community contributer, for that matter!) here on RWG. Why fix what ain't broke?

doodoowah57

Look good, how's the bezel tightness ?

The bezels are sufficiently tight but not overly; just like a good gen

My only beef is that on the black one, the 5, 10 & 15 bezel markings are about 1/2 second off alignment with the dial markings; but perfectly aligned on the green.

doodoowah57

These look pretty good for "beginner-range" reps. Still waiting for someone to do a side by side with the Regmariner, though I'd without question lean towards Narikaa's offering on Subs in this price range--principally because of his status as a highly trusted and reputable dealer (and community contributer, for that matter!) here on RWG. Why fix what ain't broke?

I totally agree; AND because of that, I've got a blue Bamford enroute from Thailand as we speak.

Thelittleprince

I totally agree; AND because of that, I've got a blue Bamford enroute from Thailand as we speak.

Thats intresting I've never seen a blue bamford before! Care to share a picture of which one it is?

Just my two cents but with the price of all these cheapies i suggest you try out the noob v7! Even if these are good first reps, buying the noob will save you a lot in the long run because eventually you will resort to the higher end reps!

anfalas

Thats intresting I've never seen a blue bamford before! Care to share a picture of which one it is?

Just my two cents but with the price of all these cheapies i suggest you try out the noob v7! Even if these are good first reps, buying the noob will save you a lot in the long run because eventually you will resort to the higher end reps!

.........Reg special.................

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-72BJKr/

RUSH2112

Hard to tell from pics but are the cyclops mag strength correct?

black263

So what was the "Major Cockup"in the title?

doodoowah57

I'm slowly putting both feet into the rep-waters ... next in line will be GMTs with A2834 and Daytonas with ST19 HW ... once I'm happy with those, I will like you said, end up wanting the higher-end reps as a natural progression.

doodoowah57

So what was the "Major Cockup"in the title?

My first two attempts at posting ended up with no pics; the third attempt was a success UNTIL I decided to get rid of the pics at my host since it has already been posted...I had totally forgotten the pics were "linked" and not "pasted" to the post ... that was my major cockups - had nothing to do with the reps themselves. ... sorry if title a little misleading

doodoowah57

Hard to tell from pics but are the cyclops mag strength correct?

Since I don't have a current gen, I can't compare ... but against older gens, it is indeed a larger mag. on the rep cyclops ... by eyeballing the actual date with and without magnification, I would say at least twice the size on the rep cyclops; and I believe the description indicated 2.5x

k3rm87

It's interesting that the bezel font on the LV is far thinner than the 116610 insert. Looks good for the price, but still don't think it's on par with the Regmariner at this price point.

Thelittleprince

I'm slowly putting both feet into the rep-waters ... next in line will be GMTs with A2834 and Daytonas with ST19 HW ... once I'm happy with those, I will like you said, end up wanting the higher-end reps as a natural progression.

Fair point! Just thought that way you would save money