Sign in to follow this  
Khronos

H-factory Breitling Seawolf V2 Swiss ETA clasp quality

Khronos

I got the hots for this lovely Bert:

http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_32&product_id=1618

,after I changed my mind about the latest Seawolf II, due to the fact that it's made by an unknown factory and that I hate to be an early adopter.

Anyway, the V2 Seawolf with the actual Swiss ETA is supposed to be an excellent rep, but it does have an obvious flaw and that's the clasp. It's supposed to be really terrible, while the other parts are excellent.

I'd like to know if they're all shitty or is it a hit and miss? Have any of you received one with a good clasp?

I know that I can buy a rubber strap and all, but the watch is way over my acceptable price treshold on its own and the extra rubber is about 80$.

dfq23

Had one at same time as an abyss 44. Abyss clasp was head and shoulders better in my opinion. Much better finish and action

nunu78

ive got one from FatPanda with grey dial and i dont have any complain about it.

Khronos

Thanks dfq23 and nunu78!

Some people report that it's flimsy and poorly stamped. @nunu78: is yours a V1 or a V2?

Pure B

Be aware that this is not the v2, that one has been sold out for years. This is a v3 and not of the same quality as the older v2 superreps

nunu78

Be aware that this is not the v2, that one has been sold out for years. This is a v3 and not of the same quality as the older v2 superreps

actually , its better then V2. They improved bezel engraving and over all the case too.There is a very detailed thread on Geek.

dfq23

Yep and I would not be sure about the "swissness" of the movement in these new release ones.

One I had was definitely swiss as was confirmed by d_cunto when he did some work on it.

Got it back at least.

nunu78

Thanks dfq23 and nunu78!

Some people report that it's flimsy and poorly stamped. @nunu78: is yours a V1 or a V2?

mine is v2.

Khronos

I've never heard anything about the V3..And none of the dealers advertise it. I contacted one and he said that it has a 100% genuine ETA inside. But I'm also aware that TDs sometimes don't know what they're talking about..I'm after the old release with a black dial from 2012 and not this new Seawolf II. Off to RG to check out that thread! The watch is not cheap and I don't want a shitty clasp. I've considered the new Steelfish, but somehow can't get along with that busy dial.

Khronos

I tried to find the thread about the V3 on Repgeek, but I can't do it for the life of me. But I did find myriads of threads with Fluffy bitching about the Seawolf 2.. :crybaby:

@dfq23: d_cunto :rofl: , missed that before!

nunu78

I tried to find the thread about the V3 on Repgeek, but I can't do it for the life of me. But I did find myriads of threads with Fluffy bitching about the Seawolf 2.. :crybaby:

@dfq23: d_cunto :rofl: , missed that before!

i've also tries to look for it, if i find it then will PM the link.

dfq23

I've never heard anything about the V3..And none of the dealers advertise it. I contacted one and he said that it has a 100% genuine ETA inside. But I'm also aware that TDs sometimes don't know what they're talking about..I'm after the old release with a black dial from 2012 and not this new Seawolf II. Off to RG to check out that thread! The watch is not cheap and I don't want a shitty clasp. I've considered the new Steelfish, but somehow can't get along with that busy dial.

The newer ones are a remake of the v2 in so much as they don't have the flaws of the v1 (tiny flaws that they were but much better build quality)

The factory will tell the dealers they are v2 as technically they are in as much as case set, bracelet and dial, but they are not NOS v2 and likely corners will be cut elsewhere.

Similar situation to the reissued abyss 42s and 44s a few months back. Looked the same but they didn't have the correct date wheel over lays like the original ones. The font was just standard asian eta and not the special Breitling one.

The dealers will just reuse the old listings (if you look at the twins listings for the ceramic bezel aquaracers, they just reused the listing for the old rubber bezel 500m ones as it still mentions the number 15 on the bezel being correct) and the factory is gonna say they are swiss even though we all know that is not at all likely.

I had a BP TiPO which was sold as swiss from a TD here and I was told, again by d_cunto, that it was a seagull movement.

Never got that one back...

Also the fact that these now come with the POS in as well for less money means I would be reluctant to buy one at all just in case.

Khronos

I'm not so sure about it being all swiss either. I've been told many-a-things by the TDs before, which turned out to be complete BS. Everything is fantastic until you send them your shekels..

Thanks for your reply!

@nunu78: Please do!

dfq23

Save ya money for the next Ashfords sale!

Khronos

:D

That Pan Europ is calling my name!

splke

pretty tempting isnt it @$589 with Hello17 code

what i need is a tag dealer with a cracking sale

dfq23

pretty tempting isnt it @$589 with Hello17 code

what i need is a tag dealer with a cracking sale

I keep looking at my F1 grande date and thinking "hmmmm this or another JR"

Was a present from the missus though!

Khronos

That JR of yours is mind blowing! Never cared much for the brand, but this one is outstanding. I'm still lost for words about those Edox watches, it feels like scoring the jackpot on the lottery! :)

splke

tough one but there are some pieces we cannot sell :giggle:

Khronos

Just look at this peach for 390EUR after taxes:

20161225_125518_zpsmbooteip.jpg

It doesn't get any better than that for the money!

JSJ

I have a grey and a yellow V2. The clasp on the yellow (which came from Chav) was so good when it arrived I had to ask him, seriously, if it might be a gen. I don't reckon it is but it's as good as my gen Breit bracelet.

The Breit rep bracelets are so variable it really is a lottery. Some are utter shite.

Haltec

yes. some logos are engraved (abyss clasp) / excellent quality

and some are embossed / shite quality. (especialy newer produced ones)

Khronos

Just heard back from my TD. He says that the movement is 100% swiss,he can open the watch and send me the pics.

But the clasps are thin and wobbly,all of them. Nothing he can do about it..

robbie888

ive got one from FatPanda with grey dial and i dont have any complain about it.

+1, I have a grey V2 and the clasp is looking great and working fine

JSJ
Just heard back from my TD. He says that the movement is 100% swiss,he can open the watch and send me the pics.

But the clasps are thin and wobbly,all of them. Nothing he can do about it..

Take him up on the offer to open it. At least you will know it's not the POS.

As for the bracelet, I strongly recommend going for the rubber with the deployant clasp. The clasps vary from good to excellent and the gen rubber straps are very good value if you can't live with the rep rubber.