Sign in to follow this  
SecondHelpings

Noob, ready to make my 1st plunge (Omega)

SecondHelpings

Hey everybody. I've only been a member for a few days, but I think I wound up here the same way most of you have.

I'm going to get my feet wet, in the replica market, by getting an Omega

I'm still trying to find my way around here a bit. I've read most of the noob threads, and think I have a decent grasp on the rules and guidelines.

The watch I'm going to get is the Omega PO, 600m, Co-Axial, 45.5 mm, Blue dial and bezel. I don't want any complications (Chrono, GMT..etc)

I know the Gen is only available in Titanium, which I really don't want. I love the weight of S.S.

This is the Watch and dealer I have narrowed it down to.

http://www.trustytimezone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=15704&zenid=b9dbabf2eecccea2a5256bd22cc3d007

I'm just curious of your thoughts and suggestions on this watch and dealer. Maybe something I'm overlooking?

Anyway, Thanks ahead for any helpful tips, or just suggestions.

I'm looking forward to hanging around for awhile, and hopefully buying more reps in the future..

:thumbsup2:

Edited by SecondHelpings

Rx4Time

The link is not working for me?

SecondHelpings

The link is not working for me?

Sorry. "Trustytimezone.com. , Item# OMG0467B"

Edit: maybe this time? http://www.trustytim...5256bd22cc3d007

Like I said, I'm still finding out how to navigate around here.

Thanks for the attempt to help me out. :)

Edited by SecondHelpings

Rx4Time

Very nice selection. Good solid movement. The Liquidmetal dials are stunning. They are highly accurate, the only real issue is the movment is not the same as gen. It's decorated and would fool probably 95%+ of the population. Then again, how often do we take our watches off and show the see through case back LOL. I've got a CrPO, same thing. It does not bother me at all as I'm not planning on showing the movement off to anyone who would recognize it. From the dial side, it would take a gen side by side to tell it's a rep. Best part is since it's a standard movement, should there be any issues down the road, parts are available and most watchsmiths can work on them. Worst case is it's a direct swap for a gen ETA 2824. You've got a thumbs up from me! Keep me posted if you move forward.

SecondHelpings

Very nice selection. Good solid movement. The Liquidmetal dials are stunning. They are highly accurate, the only real issue is the movment is not the same as gen. It's decorated and would fool probably 95%+ of the population. Then again, how often do we take our watches off and show the see through case back LOL. I've got a CrPO, same thing. It does not bother me at all as I'm not planning on showing the movement off to anyone who would recognize it. From the dial side, it would take a gen side by side to tell it's a rep. Best part is since it's a standard movement, should there be any issues down the road, parts are available and most watchsmiths can work on them. Worst case is it's a direct swap for a gen ETA 2824. You've got a thumbs up from me! Keep me posted if you move forward.

Thanks Ted. I feel more confident now. I'll keep updates coming

aliveandwell

You did great mate... show it to us when you receive it please!

madbadger

i bought a pumpkin version of the PO from TT......although the watch is great, it did turn up with a mark on the bezel and the auto winder wasn't working, it would only spin round a quarter of the way and stop dead, turns on when i got the back off it was a half circle ring underneath the counter weight that wasn't fitted correctly, it was sticking out on one end and stopping the rotation of the weight. A blob of super glue and a firm press back together sorted it out. runs fine now but mines a noob version so if its one of these, be careful with the crown when unscrewing and screwing back in....its easy to strip the threads....

Kev

GenTLe

I totally agree with what teddy875 wrote upper. Very good first choice.

SecondHelpings

i bought a pumpkin version of the PO from TT......although the watch is great, it did turn up with a mark on the bezel and the auto winder wasn't working, it would only spin round a quarter of the way and stop dead, turns on when i got the back off it was a half circle ring underneath the counter weight that wasn't fitted correctly, it was sticking out on one end and stopping the rotation of the weight. A blob of super glue and a firm press back together sorted it out. runs fine now but mines a noob version so if its one of these, be careful with the crown when unscrewing and screwing back in....its easy to strip the threads....

Kev

Thanks for the heads up. I did read, in a few posts, that the crown/ thread issue was a problem. I will keep that in mind.

anfalas

Very nice indeed..........looking forward to the pics ;)