Sign in to follow this  
doodoowah57

A few of my favourite things "A trio of vintage Daytonas"

doodoowah57

rd01.jpg

The red one is from Mary; and the other two from MR (received just today - oddly enough, the customs declaration stated "birthday gift"; AND today is my birthday ... what lovely serendipity)

rd05.jpgrd17.jpg

rd11.jpgrd07.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics - a photographer I'm definitely not. These were taken with my Samsung phone (Christmas gift from daughter)

This watch and the other two all measure 37/15; comes with plexi-crystal; hand-wind ST19 movement; and metal bracelets with hollow center links - the lug width on these are 19 and not 20 as I had presumed.

rd10.jpg

rd15.jpg[

rd18.jpg

rd02.jpg

Really love the YG version with smaller subdial numbers. Looked really gaudy with the original YG bracelet. With a leather or croc strap, it is one elegant timepiece.

rd08.jpg

rd09.jpg

rd19.jpg

rd04.jpg

And finally, with the panda dial.

Don't know which one I like most, AND I want more :giggle: With the ST19 hand wind movement, I can sleep better at nights.

For my 6.25" wrist, 37/15 is a great size.

BTW, I have now received four orders from four different TDs ... I want to try out most of the TDs and then decide on one or two that I will deal with on a long-term basis; which I believe most of my fellow members at doing. Thanks for the read everyone.

NCRich

Very nice daytonas! I'm going to get that gold one. So I can look at it in the box. :lol:

purger72

I actually like vintage Daytonas over new models. They look great with leather strap. Yes with ST19 you will sleep without the winders annoying noise lol. What I like is ritual of winding ST19's every morning. Have to get one off these.

Enjoy the beauties mate.

franzyldn

Very nice watch... definitely vintage Rolex addicted too

could you please tell me what are the exact models reference?

cheers!

ElvisFreak

that red one is speaking to me softly..... :wub:

doodoowah57

I actually like vintage Daytonas over new models. They look great with leather strap. Yes with ST19 you will sleep without the winders annoying noise lol. What I like is ritual of winding ST19's every morning. Have to get one off these.

Enjoy the beauties mate.

I hear you ... love to wind those manual babies up every day

doodoowah57

Very nice daytonas! I'm going to get that gold one. So I can look at it in the box. :lol:

Now that I've found this lovely hobby, I've only worn the reps (subconsciously making sure that I maximize the wear time before they die - hope that isn't the case) ...and I stare the gens in the box :giggle:

doodoowah57

Very nice watch... definitely vintage Rolex addicted too

could you please tell me what are the exact models reference?

cheers!

Go to MR's rolex postings under TDs and you'll find them there ... I haven't gotten a real good handle on the exact model numbers yet.

porschespeedster

those recessed subdials look good!

processengr

Absolutely beautiful vintage Daytona's! I have the Panda PN, one of my favorites . I too, like the vintage Daytona better than the newer ones.