Sign in to follow this  
sleven44

Bracelet Upgrade for Rolex Sea Dweller

sleven44

So I just got in my new Sea Dweller from one of the trusted dealers from this site. They were great to deal with and their follow up and continued updates on order status was better customer service than I've had from 99% of legit companies in US. The watch itself is great. I went with swiss movement and the craftsman ship and attention to detail makes it almost perfect. The only down fall to this watch is the bracelet. When you have it off your wrist the bracelet rattles a good bit and doesn't seem to be the quality that I've seen on even some fossil watches. Does anyone know a good place that makes higher quality rep bracelets? An upgrade in bracelet would make this thing damn near flawless.

Edited by sleven44

rawbaws

Gen 16610 is probably the same. Have you every handled?

sleven44

Yes I have. I went "shopping" for watches to see what I liked first. The metal feels a little light and the rattle is more than I would expect. That being said I am not disappointed in the slightest. I view it as buying a good quality gun with a decent scope that you want to upgrade. Or buying a nice car and wanting to upgrade the stock rims. Obviously the name of this game is replica so the upgrade comes in the form of metallurgy and craftsmanship rather than a different look.

k3rm87

+1 - The older style Rolex bracelets left alot to be desired. The clasp inside the bracelet can be bent easily on the gen, had the two side by side the reps are pretty spot on. Give it a WD40 bath to get rid of the squeeks, or better on a NATO!

sleven44

+1 - The older style Rolex bracelets left alot to be desired. The clasp inside the bracelet can be bent easily on the gen, had the two side by side the reps are pretty spot on. Give it a WD40 bath to get rid of the squeeks, or better on a NATO!

Okay, good to know. I guess any models I would have went and saw would have been current. Thanks guys

fatarms

Okay, good to know. I guess any models I would have went and saw would have been current. Thanks guys

Correct, the current version has a ceramic insert and solid bracelet. The one you probably received has an aluminum bezel insert and the hollow bracelet which would be accurate to those sold a few years back.

Rusty2801

I have a classic sea dweller and upgraded the bracelet with one from TC and its made a big difference.

SteveA

I would try making sure all links,screws and clasp are tight first then give it a good clean with an old toothbrush and some soap.Dry it off then you can go baby oil,wd40 or bicycle chain dry lube,this always works well for me.

NCRich

Or just wear it a while. It will get better. Most people are self lubricating.