Sign in to follow this  
dalboy

Baldricks Contributions for Floral Tribute !!

Tits McGee

Different cancers=different treatments. My son is a cancer survivor. Osteosarcoma (bone cancer). Took surgery to remove his knee & thigh bone. Surgery to remove the cancer, & the chemo after to keep it from coming back. It worked. That was 10 years ago. He plays drums in a rock band now.

I'd say that kind of treatment is a little different than prostate cancer treatment. Making broad statements like that is stupid. It's like saying Aspirin doesn't work when you're sick.

I thought this was about Baldrick's flower arrangement and RWG donations to honor a fallen member?

Once again :derailed:

dalboy

Different cancers=different treatments. My son is a cancer survivor. Osteosarcoma (bone cancer). Took surgery to remove his knee & thigh bone. Surgery to remove the cancer, & the chemo after to keep it from coming back. It worked. That was 10 years ago. He plays drums in a rock band now.

I'd say that kind of treatment is a little different than prostate cancer treatment. Making broad statements like that is stupid. It's like saying Aspirin doesn't work when you're sick.

I thought this was about Baldrick's flower arrangement and RWG donations to honor a fallen member?

Once again :derailed:

I remember seeing the Vid you posted of your boy in the band " B " ... well not a boy anymore .. a man .. Bloody good it was too.

Tbh the total so far has exceeded what i thought we may raise ..

Bloody well done you lot .. Enjoy a pat on the back .

Kleen™

...on a (slightly more) serious note:

- but as always; do your own research.

Different strokes for different folks i guess K..

We enjoyed Mum being around four years after her diagnosis was confirmed with a 3/6 month estimate of living .. For us ............ Chemo worked !!

Though tbh it was her who endured the ups and downs of the side effects towards the final stages ..

Proof positive that they don't always get it right. best guess i reckon in some cases .

Funny that some Doctors we saw thought they were God ............... wonder if God thinks he's a Doctor !

...the same goes for my (kid)brother, who also had chemo with a 'succesfull' outcome ...which I am obviously VERY thankfullfor.

But I am just not convinced it was the chemo, that made the deciding difference...I think it was more down to his will-power and 'state-of-denial'...I'm not joking; denial is clinically proven to be more effective than almost anything else. (Psychosomatic) food for thought...;)

I wish this had not been brought up in this thread because I have to respond. I find the mentality of will power insulting to those that have not survived cancer. It makes it their fault for not having enough so called will power. I also detest the concept of "beating cancer." It also insinuates that some are better than others for living, all you can do is survive. Their is a 100% chance of all of us dying. Chemo and radiation have successfully extended the lives of thousands and through it we have learned a lot about cancer and how to fight it. I never brought it up because I'm not a sympathy seeker but I had 3 months of radiation to remove tumors from my vocal cords last summer and it was no fun but I currently am tumor free and can talk without sounding like I've got rocks in my throat for the first time in a few years. It was no fun and I only had radiation. My hat's off to anyone that has the strength to endure chemo and radiation. They are tougher than any of the naysayers. Denial is a good way to get all the way to stage 4 when you could have caught it at stage 1. Is positive thinking helpful? Of course. I was always positive but I'm not foolish enough to believe that that's why my tumors are gone. That's because of the miracle of being able to focus a tiny beam of radiation to a specific area of my body and I'm glad for it.

This is not 'my opinion', Rush..hell; it's not even 'an opinion'...it's just clinical fact.

Would I wish/hope for another conclusion? Obviously. But it is the way it is.

There are lies, bloody lies and then there's statistics...none of which really makes a difference on an individual level...just representing a 'sample of one'...

RUSH2112

I've stated what I have to say on the matter and, as I said, I wish this BS had not been brought up since this thread should be about Baldrick not the agenda of some.

Kleen™

^

A) It is.

B) 'BS'..?

C) ' agenda of some'..?

What the fuck are you on about...?!

dalboy
keep-calm-and-stay-on-track-6.png

Wriggles

I think there's been too much derailing here. As much as it's RWG tradition, this thread should not get into a slanging match about the pros and cons of, or differing opinions about cancer treatment. This is in honour of Baldrick and should in my opinion stay as such, remember his nephew is a member and more than likely regularly checks these threads.

Can we start another thread if people want to get into some tangential discussions please?

GT86

Cancer is emotional. Understandably so! But let's all bid it a fond FUCK OFF!

4frlHqq.jpg

dalboy
I think there's been too much derailing here. As much as it's RWG tradition, this thread should not get into a slanging match about the pros and cons of, or differing opinions about cancer treatment. This is in honour of Baldrick and should in my opinion stay as such, remember his nephew is a member and more than likely regularly checks these threads.

Can we start another thread if people want to get into some tangential discussions please?

^^^^^^^^^ This ..

Kleen™

Rye. I'll fold.

Genius

My mum had cancer whilst I was a wee nipper been clear well over 20 years now, my little brother had a cancerous tumour removed 5 years ago and has not had a hint of cancer since..... My family would be much smaller if it wasn't for the advances in cancer treatment recently

Seriously giving a few quid to cancer research is excellent it makes stories like mine possible so open your wallets lads in memory of balders and help keep some families together

onzenuub

Sunday bump

richardm1142

Pre Church bump

dalboy

Last thing in the world i want is this thread to turn stale bump..

D.

Kleen™

Dal.....d'ya think it would be okay to post the photo of Balders you got sent....I'm thinking maybe in the top of his Memorial section would be a good spot, but naturally that would be up to the Blue Boys to decide...

dalboy

Dal.....d'ya think it would be okay to post the photo of Balders you got sent....I'm thinking maybe in the top of his Memorial section would be a good spot, but naturally that would be up to the Blue Boys to decide...

Great idea ..

Will speak with Greg later ..... got a couple , will post one here later .

trailboss99

That's pretty much Plan A mate.

Kleen™

That's pretty much Plan A mate.

...I kinda guesstimated that was prolly your plan...:)

dalboy

Evening Gents

Got a couple of pics .. will speak with Paul and get something more befitting for a Section pic ..

thumbnail_NEIL 3_zpsay6fvtwb.jpg?t=1485030789

Only a couple of hours to go before i close the donations .. the figure has remained the same ..

I will post a pic of the cheque and confirm the amounts along with the names of the Contributors not on the original list tomorrow evening ... hopefully have a few more pics by then .

Thankyou all

Dal.

lukeas123456

Get the donations in Bump!

Genius

Get yer wallets out BUMP

dalboy

Final bump of the day.

lukeas123456

Final bump of the day.

No its not Bump

dalboy