Sign in to follow this  
hbr1

PAM 372 or PAM 390?

hbr1

About to purchase my first rep, i've gone through some guides and narrowed down to these two badass..

However could any pros here advice which would be a better choice and why?

http://www.aootime868.com/Replica-Panerai-PAM390-Noob-1-1-A6497-62006.html

http://www.aootime868.com/Replica-Panerai-PAM372-O-1-1-ZF-on-Thick-Brown-Leather-Strap-P3000-Super-Clone-62246.html

Cheers!

tabuktime

Read this link here, an invaluable resource on all things Panerai and compare the offerings from Aootime to the specific details contained in the PAM guide for each model you are interested in. This is the best reference for PAM reps you will find anywhere.

SamsonAusKognito

My personal preference would be the PAM 372, but take a read in Ale's Guide (link from the post above) it's like the Panerai bible.

Lagger

390, the movements are a big tell in pams

Mr_B

I had a 372. It was probably my favourite one, and I've had a few.

BadPickle

The 372 is bigger than the 390 so it may come down to what wears better for you.

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

Monkey_Business

Wow, that guide though.

I've read user manuals on equipment we provide professionally that covers less than this.

Bravo!

dilip

I have a gen 372 and haven't found any rep resembling it so far, texture on the dial and decoration of movement etc.

AND of course the setting of the time is totally different on the rep, total give-away.

I had the 390 on the other hand is near perfect, even compared it to a gen and its pretty much perfect.

Get the 390 rep, its the one I regret selling the most of my collection and get a gen 372, its worth it.

Lagger
I have a gen 372 and haven't found any rep resembling it so far, texture on the dial and decoration of movement etc.

AND of course the setting of the time is totally different on the rep, total give-away.

I had the 390 on the other hand is near perfect, even compared it to a gen and its pretty much perfect.

Get the 390 rep, its the one I regret selling the most of my collection and get a gen 372, its worth it.

You sound like you know your onions, I'm getting a closed caseback Pam shortly and it's between the 390 and these that Toro has on offer, what's your opinion on them?

http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1531

Edited by Lagger

mysterio

Those are the boutique editions. Either H-fac or the newer KW/V6F versions are considered super reps. Up to you which of the two you like, although the PAM390 is said to be hard to get nowadays, especially the Noob version which is the best one.

rusty peters

I would go for the 390. These watches have a considerable wrist presence at 44mm. Going up to 47mm is quite a step up. I really love the look of the 390.. so simple and clean. No need to worry about the lack of second hand to know it is running. I can hear my 112 ticking away as I type this.

deju

First PAM get the smaller one.

I got a 127 which i loved but it was too big on my wrist even though I wear watches of that size from other brands.

my 44mm 177 is perfect size.

dilip

+1 on mysterios post. Those you linked were super reps and its basically just the engraving that differs from each piece. I would go for the 390 any day though.

Lizard 1

I loved my 390s. I took the two and had one great one made. Builder took the two best factory versions and combined them to make one great one. That thing was awesome and regret selling...

hbr1

Thanks for all the feedback.

Cheers ;)