Sign in to follow this  
GMTmasterypastery

Over the Moon with Cheap Patek Phillipe

GMTmasterypastery

Greetings RWG. It arrived! Quick update, I'll do an in depth review with pics tomorrow or when I'm arsed.

What a nice little cheapy it is!

The bracelet is nothing like the customer pics so I'm guessing the model has had updates since - It is slim and very flat with subtle polished chamfers along the outter edge, side curvature very representative of the gen, and there are NO HOLES in it, totally unexpected for such an inexpensive version.

The movement is nicely decorated (if incorrectly) for what it is with blued screws, 21Karat brass rotor with half authentic finishing and quad Patek fluer-de-lis emblem nicely chased into the middle of it. Keeps excellent time (easily impressed Rolex owner) +3seconds since early today so within +-6 COSC! And I've wore it for work opening up and locking up, having firedoors opening/closing on me all fucking day. It is unquestionably low beat and a keen eye would notice the second hand ambling around the dial as somewhat out of place for a 30K watch.

The dial is sexy and someone took care to place the markers evenly. Lume is pretty good and will likely remain visible through the night.

Finishing is very good and being actual machined SS shits all over anything you'd get out of the Argos catalogue at this price point.

Overall very happy. I want to thank the Chinese people for making this watch a reality. Mr Wang on the buffing wheel for his finishing excellence. Mrs Han for her unmatched delicacy and deftness in painting, marker and hand placement, all the best with the radiation poisoning and finally Mr Chang for sitting up all night assembling and regulating the piece to his bamboo hourglass. I hope they all got a beer or two out of my £63.

Last but not least thanks Jason007 on the gate. I've got my eye on several more of your obscure gems sir. Cheers!

Edited by GMTmasterypastery

AndyBlue
rlee.gif

GMTmasterypastery

rlee.gif

Working on it. :]

Daffy

Use the technique in my sig to make it easier...