Sign in to follow this  
FlyingSpur

Super Rep

FlyingSpur

I've read several posts where the watch being reviewed is considered a SUPER REP or close to it.

I haven't seen a threat on SUPER REP watches... yet anyway. I would be interested in one. Does anyone have a list of watches that would be considered SUPER REPS?

Edited by FlyingSpur

ShovelnTC

I just did a search and found 10 pages on "super rep".

Try it, just put "super rep" in the search bar on the top right of the page and hit the magafying glass symbol and you'll find lots to read.

jdog

Make sure before you search you hit forums instead of google search.

RepGuy

There are plenty of super reps. Most are super shitty... but that's a different topic :lol:

ringking97

Most super reps are PAM's. check that forum.

FlyingSpur

Thanks for the info on using the search bar.

rawbaws

The term is pretty subjective..

mysterio

Well if you read a threat, would you still want the watch? :P

tabuktime

Here is a table I threw together from information on other boards. Think I've posted it before somewhere ;):

List%20of%20Reps_zpsxt32bof9.jpg

The above table shows 'Reps not worth buying as Gen' since the reps are considered very close to the gen.

greg_r

The problem with lists of super-reps is they end up being out of date within a very short space of time. It's also rather subjective.

A better way to approach this is to decide what sort of watch you want and then read the reviews to see how good the rep is.

Citrite2017

Cracking info, cheers

tabuktime

The problem with lists of super-reps is they end up being out of date within a very short space of time. It's also rather subjective.

A better way to approach this is to decide what sort of watch you want and then read the reviews to see how good the rep is.

I have to agree with you.

I was hoping it might be a bit of a starting point for the noobs (and others) for searching. Now the interested parties just need to match the names in the list to some photos on the interwebz to see which they like the look of most. After this comes the inevitable "where can I find the best xxxx".

Could be more of a Pandora's Box than 'owt else ;)

deju

Super reps change like the wind, flaws are constantly fixed and equally created on a batch by batch basis.

What's superrep today is junk tomorrow.

In fact the term super reps simply marketing just like AAA / 1:1 / Swiss.

Fact is pick the watch you like look at the latest available versions from the factories, pick the one with the flaws you can live with.

MAJ75
Super reps change like the wind, flaws are constantly fixed and equally created on a batch by batch basis.

Fact is pick the watch you like look at the latest available versions from the factories, pick the one with the flaws you can live with.

A well written reply here.

I find the notion really sad that somebody might choose a watch solely on the basis of how close the rep is to the gen (disregarding the design, brand history & the like)

I think people who work on that mindset are driven by the wrong kind of moral code.

The only way to get real satisfaction from this hobby is to start with a love for the genuine models/brands then pursue pieces that as faithfully as possible reproduce them.

Wriggles

I find the notion really sad that somebody might choose a watch solely on the basis of how close the rep is to the gen (disregarding the design, brand history & the like)

I think people who work on that mindset are driven by the wrong kind of moral code.

The only way to get real satisfaction from this hobby is to start with a love for the genuine models/brands then pursue pieces that as faithfully as possible reproduce them.

I would agree except the moral code bit. Not sure if moral code comes into it, but certainly motivation for wanting "super reps" can only be to in some way pass them off as gen either to a larger or lesser degree. Moral code probably only comes into it if they are intending to sell it as gen.

MAJ75

I would agree except the moral code bit. Not sure if moral code comes into it, but certainly motivation for wanting "super reps" can only be to in some way pass them off as gen either to a larger or lesser degree. Moral code probably only comes into it if they are intending to sell it as gen.

You are right mate, I just see it as a form of deception either way....

Nickfive

E1A97596-0399-4A19-9443-4DB67B5005CF.jpg

I here this is pretty super

Jokes aside from what I've personally seen and compared to genuines, PAMs are pretty hard to beat for near perfect replication.

It's all personal preference/opinion though. As said above, when a new version comes out, does that mean the old 'super rep' is now junk?

black263

I go for good looking watches. Gen or rep all I care is if I like them. Couldn't care less how 1:1 they are.

wildcatone
E1A97596-0399-4A19-9443-4DB67B5005CF.jpg

I here this is pretty super

Jokes aside from what I've personally seen and compared to genuines, PAMs are pretty hard to beat for near perfect replication.

It's all personal preference/opinion though. As said above, when a new version comes out, does that mean the old 'super rep' is now junk?

Which TD can source this?! ;)

FlyingSpur

Here is a table I threw together from information on other boards. Think I've posted it before somewhere ;):

List%20of%20Reps_zpsxt32bof9.jpg

The above table shows 'Reps not worth buying as Gen' since the reps are considered very close to the gen.

Thanks for the list :)

FlyingSpur

Well, if one collects reps that look like gens... I should think the more accurate the rep the more it would be appreciated. I do agree you must like the watch before you buy it, not buy it just because it's considered a super rep.

On the moral code thing... this is puzzling. Some would say you violate a moral code when you make the rep.... IMO

RepGuy
Well, if one collects reps that look like gens... I should think the more accurate the rep the more it would be appreciated. I do agree you must like the watch before you buy it, not buy it just because it's considered a super rep.

On the moral code thing... this is puzzling. Some would say you violate a moral code when you make the rep.... IMO

I would rather violate this imaginary moral code than violate my wallet to the tune of $14,000 in the case of my AP Diver. I don't necessarily believe in a strict code to follow, but instead just try to be a good person, which I don't believe is affected by me buying reps. There are so many better things that can be done with that extra money if I buy the rep. It also doesn't help that I'm a selfish and enjoy having multiple watches, which is what started this whole mess :lol:

Wriggles

This is a bit like the people who call rep owners criminals and thieves. It's bullshit. We also don't make them we only buy them. There's a gulf of difference between spending some money buying something that may be replica and buying something thats a replica and selling it as gen. One is not criminal the other is fraud

so by your statement you are potentially saying, that since we buy reps then we're all criminals who will then have no issue with our moral codes by going and defrauding someone.

black263

In UK it isn't illegal to buy or own a Replica. However, it is illegal to sell counterfeits. So you guys who have only ever bought are fine whereas the rest of us who've knowingly sold a rep to a mate or on m2m......

deju

no sorry... You don't seem to grasp the Fluidity of flaws in this game. a watch can have a v7 with more flaws fixed and more accurate, yet a v2 can be more sought after due to better build and production/finish.

I had a BP OMEGA CRPO .... Noob is considered the 1:1 version, got rid of the noob.

BP was the better built watch and felt better on the wrist.