Sign in to follow this  
neil

PAM 029

neil

So in my infinate wisdom I was always annoyed by a finger print on the second hand of my 029. So after a few beers thought right that's it.......unscrewed the case back, Removed the movement screws, popped the crown out and dropped out the movement from the case. Popped the second hand off to polish the darned annoying finger print and......BOING ...bent the frikkin second hand....awesome. Time for more beer.....anyone know where I can get a new second hand for a PAM 029?

ohhelloooo

im sure someone in here has one of these

But yeah .. Dont drink and watch !

fatarms

That's a tough one since it's not one of the more popular ones so to speak? First thing to know is what movement it has, for the second hand to fit the second pinion. Try asking a few of the TD's. Mary from Mary Watch and Ryan at InTime (TD next door) would be the first two I'd ask. Secondly, you may want to see if JacksonTse might have one? He sells homage PAMS but then again, no branding on second hands :lol: Just be sure of the movement first, that way you get a second hand that fits the pinion.

And if you're going to drink and watch, just make sure you're only modding vintage dials. With water colors. So you can undo everything in the morning :lol: I've been there, bro. I know the feeling.

EDIT: Jackson should have the same second hand, looks like the movements match as well. http://jacksontse.com/new/product-page.php?product_id=77

GenTLe

I learned that there are 2 ways to clean a hand.

If they are already out from the movement, then I make a small hole (a few 1/10 of mm larger than the hand tube) in a piece of wood, and put the hand laying on the wood (with a layer of thin lint free paper below) with the tube in the hole I practiced. Then I clean it with a tiny piece of cleaning paper lightly wet in isopropyl alcohol.

If the hand is still on the movement, then again a tiny piece of cleaning paper lightly wet in isopropyl alcohol, passed very delicately over the hand with the help of the tweezers.

Isopropyl alcohol remove easily the greasy spots and doesn't left residue behind

10:10 Watch Repair

If they are already out from the movement, then I make a small hole (a few 1/10 of mm larger than the hand tube) in a piece of wood, and put the hand laying on the wood (with a layer of thin lint free paper below) with the tube in the hole I practiced. Then I clean it with a tiny piece of cleaning paper lightly wet in isopropyl alcohol.

If the hand is still on the movement, then again a tiny piece of cleaning paper lightly wet in isopropyl alcohol, passed very delicately over the hand with the help of the tweezers.

Isopropyl alcohol remove easily the greasy spots and doesn't left residue behind

But the paper will scratch a plated hand.

Ask Mike McNair.

Use Rodico and a pin vise.

BadPickle

Ask Mike McNair.

:handbagsatdawn:

I doubt the OP will be needing this "advice" now :lol:

Genius

Ask Mike McNair.

I used blu tac because it looks a bit like rodico it worked although its probably not recommended

I don't try and fix my watches anymore though I'm shit at it

ShovelnTC

Ask Mike McNair.

I used blu tac because it looks a bit like rodico it worked although its probably not recommended

I don't try anymore either, I'm not shit at it............................ I just can't fix em :giggle:

tonyh7

It's probably not much help but I would suggest that the OP stick to models like the pam 390. These rarely present problems with the second hand.

Ask Mike McNair.

The blue stuff works, but the technique is different.

When I use the A&F blue, I dab it. With the green or grey you can rub it along the length of the hand.

GenTLe

Ask Mike McNair.

Well, if you use absorbing soft paper I never scratched anything :)

Ask Mike McNair.

Well, if you use absorbing soft paper I never scratched anything :)

That may well be.

My experience differs, and sometimes it depends on how discriminating you are.