kodii

Tag Heuer Carrera 1887 Date Chrono SS/SS Black A-7750

kodii

Hello guys, i purchased a Tag Heuer Carrera 1887 Date Chrono SS/SS Black A-7750 ($378) on 01/12/16 i receive it on 10/01/17, its a perfect replica, it comes full working in perfect conditions.

But after 1 week using it it stoped, i give it a wind rotating a little bit the crown 2/3 times and it starts working, i use it all day.

On the next day it was stopped again, i tough i didnt wind to mutch so i did it again a little more rotating the crown 4 times and it works about 4 days as i use it all days (except when i go to sleep), but today stopped again when it was changing the date.

is this a problem? is this normal?

what do you guys sugest?

this is the watch:

http://www.pf-818.com/watches/tag-h...rera-1887-date-chrono-ss-ss-black-a-7750.html

Wriggles

You first need to read the movements thread about how to handle 7750 movements, hand winding is something you need to be careful of.

I expect you may not be active enough when wearing it, winding a crown 3 or 4 times is not going to give it much charge. You need to be wearing it and being generally active. Sitting at a desk and barely moving will be charging little more than it's using if at all and therefore the reserve will run out reasonably quickly.

I'd advise giving it a good few shakes, nothing aggressive, to get it going a good bit then wear it for a full day while moving around a good bit, then take it off and see how long it lasts.

It might need a service or it might be fine

BTW this is a review subforum and your post isnt exactly a review

kodii

oh ok thanks a lot, i wind the crown now until i feel it was making a little force as i saw on a video. i will weare it all day making gentle moves and then see what happens.

sorry i dint check it was only for reviwes if admin can change it its ok.

Monkey_Business

Hey mate. Same thing happened to my A7750 placed inside a AP ROO.

They claimed it was due to lack of lubrication from factory and/or loose screws inside.

Mine would stop occasionally, until one day (two weeks after I got it) it stopped completely.

(The watch stopped during date changes, and I had to give it a "tap" to run again)

I decided to have mine sent to UK Watch Repairs - Of course, you can return it to Josh on the item warranty - But chances are, you'll end up in the same pickle.

It's been 1,5 months, but it's finally on it's way home :) The whole movement was taken apart, ultrasonically cleaned, and put together in an orderly fashion.

As Wriggles stated, usage and awareness is vital when owning an A7750, but I believe that a service will help you on the way.

Very few watchmakers touch replica watches, but Nick at UK Watchrepairs is a champ.

EDIT;

Seems like you sorted it. Ignore me :)

kodii

thanks mate, i will see what will happens now, and if the something happens i will send it to service, can you tell me how much did you pay for the service?

Monkey_Business

Of course.

The service costed me about 130£. Costy procedure, but as I'm going to keep my watch for some time, I might as well.

addibegi

thanks mate, i will see what will happens now, and if the something happens i will send it to service, can you tell me how much did you pay for the service?

Hi

Is it working now?

Billylongpockets
On 31/01/2017 at 10:50, Monkey_Business said:

Hey mate. Same thing happened to my A7750 placed inside a AP ROO.

They claimed it was due to lack of lubrication from factory and/or loose screws inside.

Mine would stop occasionally, until one day (two weeks after I got it) it stopped completely.

(The watch stopped during date changes, and I had to give it a "tap" to run again)

I decided to have mine sent to UK Watch Repairs - Of course, you can return it to Josh on the item warranty - But chances are, you'll end up in the same pickle.

It's been 1,5 months, but it's finally on it's way home :) The whole movement was taken apart, ultrasonically cleaned, and put together in an orderly fashion.

As Wriggles stated, usage and awareness is vital when owning an A7750, but I believe that a service will help you on the way.

Very few watchmakers touch replica watches, but Nick at UK Watchrepairs is a champ.

Monkey Business 

Many thanks for your positive comments about  "Nick at UK Watch repairs " It's always useful to know what to do if things go a bit wrong..

Cheers Bud

BadApple

Many thanks for trawling back nearly three years and bring this back up again and then replying with a waste of time comment hoping to get your post count up to 50.

Keep up the necrophilia.  

Billylongpockets

The pleasure is all mine.. x