Sign in to follow this  
rothhaas

List of watches

rothhaas

I'm browsing some of the trusted seller websites to look for some thin watches, then I thought that what if I come up with a list of "Thin Watches" and share with others.

Where is the best place to post in this forums and is a direct link to trusted seller allowed? I'm not affiliate in anyways to those websites and this isn't for advertising purpose. I'm quite new to this forums, any advise would be greatly appreciate.

Edited by rothhaas

Del

"Thin watches" is subjective. You might think 12mm is thin but others not. Making a list is a waste of time tbh - people will search for watches they like and are hardly going to check your list first. Why not a list of blue watches, or dive watches, or pilot watches....?

There is a list of "best reps" that is maintained regularly - that is far more useful:-

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=601

tabuktime
I'm browsing some of the trusted seller websites to look for some thin watches, then I thought that what if I come up with a list of "Thin Watches" and share with others.

Where is the best place to post in this forums and is a direct link to trusted seller allowed? I'm not affiliate in anyways to those websites and this isn't for advertising purpose. I'm quite new to this forums, any advise would be greatly appreciate.

General discussion, where you've posted this, is the place.

If you're concerned about links to TDs, which plenty of other people post, you could omit them from your list/table.

It could be a useful resource for those members seeking less bulky timepieces.

Good luck with your research.

tabuktime

There is a list of "best reps" that is maintained regularly - that is far more useful:-

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=601

How have I not seen list before?

Thanks Del!

rothhaas

Thanks for all the responses, my criteria for thin would be 10mm or less. Also, thank you for the link.

Edited by rothhaas

greg_r

It's a nice thought, and if you can come up with a reasonably comprehensive list, post it here in General and I'll pin it so that others can find it.

The only problem with lists of this type is that they end up being out of date very quickly as many of the less popular reps get made in very small quantities. However, it still may well be useful to fans of thinner watches, so don't let me discourage you :)

tomtom1988

Start with the Cartier ronde :)

Wriggles

Aside from the above, listing links to TD's sites would be generally wasted effort, many of them change regularly, and thats before you consider the issues with still listing old unavailable reps etc

Kaiser

"Thin watches" is subjective. You might think 12mm is thin but others not. Making a list is a waste of time tbh - people will search for watches they like and are hardly going to check your list first. Why not a list of blue watches, or dive watches, or pilot watches....?

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...p?showtopic=601

Edited by onzenuub, 20 December 2015 - 10:02 PM.

Not so sure about the "maintained regularly" Del ;)

rothhaas

Thanks for all input guys, another idea I'm thinking is using model code and source of it.

Example;

Audemars Piguet

- AUPS004 - Royal Oak, 10.5mm (Silix)

Jaeger Le Coultre

- JL080D - Master Control SS/LE, 10mm (Trusty Time)

Even if the site changed, I doubt the model code will be change. The user can just copy the model code and search on the trusted dealer site.

Edited by rothhaas