Sign in to follow this  
PTH

In need of repair and service help.

PTH

I just love this forum.

I love my watches. Just as much as I love them when they run properly, just as sad do I get when they don´t.

I now have 2 that desperately need servicing.

One is an AP RC, one of my favorite watces. It has gotten extremely unreliable, stops all the sudden. Probably just in need of service.

The other an IWC double chrono also needs some work. A hour marker has come loose and the day won´t set properly....

WHO can help me?

Where can I send these puppies to get help?

Please advise,

/PTH

Monkey_Business

Hello.

To be honest, I don't know what an AP RC is.

But, I had an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore with an A7750 Chrono movement. This movement stopped, so I sent it to UKWatchRepairs. They are TD's on here.

Fact is, there are few people / businesses who are willing to touch replica watches - Nick from UKWatchRepairs is one of them.

Stiff price, at 130£ for a service - But that includes a full overhaul, replacing worn components, ultrasonicly cleaning everything and lubing everything to spec while assembling.

I recommend it. If you plan on keeping the watch for some time, that's the way to go.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=26187

Have a chat with Katt. He did some nice work for me.

I tried Katt first, but he would not repair a chronograph movement :-(

greg_r

I just love this forum.

I love my watches. Just as much as I love them when they run properly, just as sad do I get when they don´t.

I now have 2 that desperately need servicing.

One is an AP RC, one of my favorite watces. It has gotten extremely unreliable, stops all the sudden. Probably just in need of service.

The other an IWC double chrono also needs some work. A hour marker has come loose and the day won´t set properly....

WHO can help me?

Where can I send these puppies to get help?

Please advise,

/PTH

Well, in the UK there's WatchrepairUK (trusted dealer list) or ROLIE (not a TD, but known for doing good work).

Alternatively in the EU you could try Domi - he's not here, but he's Trusted next door at RWI.

PTH

Thanks for some good ideas real fast. Rubberclad, is what I meant with RC, sorry...;-)

10:10 Watch Repair

Stiff price, at 130£ for a service - But that includes a full overhaul, replacing worn components, ultrasonicly cleaning everything and lubing everything to spec while assembling.

And you think that's expensive?

I'd call it impossibly low if he did the work as you described on a 7750.

Monkey_Business

You're getting me wrong mate. Judging by your forum name, I see how this sparked your plugs.

I know how complicated this job is - And I appreciate the price estimate I got.

Still, it is a lot of money to pound on a replica, which stopped working after two weeks :)

But I did it, and I don't regret it.

GenTLe

or ROLIE (not a TD, but known for doing good work).

Are we going to see a new TD soon, as happened for MDK? :)