Sign in to follow this  
lexidium

Paypal gift

lexidium

If I sell a watch and ask for PP gift. Is there a limit to it? Would it be ok to send £500 for instance?

BadPickle

pp gift is for those with something to hide IMO, sell shite with no comebacks

splke

it also stops the thieving bastards charging their filthy tax !

MetalMickey

It saves the seller 4%ish in charges (although one can price this into the asking price as is customary on the gen fora) and the main attraction is the protection against chargebacks from more dubious buyers. But you should pick your buyer anyway... And of course as PBR says there can be good reason why people might want protection from chargebacks...

lexidium

Many people on here sell watches asking for PP gift with no messages but the question was, is there a limit to it

MetalMickey

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

:)

No, don't think so. Check Paypal's FAQs, but I've sent and received more than that in one go and had no issues.

BadPickle

Many people on here sell watches asking for PP gift with no messages but the question was, is there a limit to it

so what you got to hide? dodgy movement? maybe selling asian clone as swiss? glued in bits of this an that?

MetalMickey

so what you got to hide? dodgy movement? maybe selling asian clone as swiss? glued in bits of this an that?

I've had all those... in the same watch!

BadPickle

I know, you sold it to me pp gift :lol:

lexidium

I've got nothing to hide and have sold several watches on here without difficulties as have many others but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that without having to factor in the percentage, you can make it cheaper for the buyer and not have to pay Paypal percentages.

MetalMickey

I know, you sold it to me pp gift :lol:

That's why I avoided catching your eye at the GTG

BadPickle

I've got nothing to hide and have sold several watches on here without difficulties as have many others but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that without having to factor in the percentage, you can make it cheaper for the buyer and not have to pay Paypal percentages.

Oh, so by demanding nothing but pp gift means a saving for the buyer?? what utter crap, the buyer doesn't pay fees when making the purchase, the seller pays the fees to PayPal for using the service. Oh..... now we see whats really happening here.... you're one of those sellers who wants to get every penny out of a sale and still can walk away from the deal when there may be an issue......

nice one ;)

RUSH2112

PayPal gift is perfect for the established member selling a piece to a very new member that is unestablished.

black263

PayPal gift is perfect for the established member selling a piece to a very new member that is unestablished.

Absolutely. When I offer an M2M sale, I know I'm not going to rip you off, and just want to make sure you can't rip me off. If you're not happy with that, I'm not forcing you to make the purchase.

Duzza

Absolutely. When I offer an M2M sale, I know I'm not going to rip you off, and just want to make sure you can't rip me off. If you're not happy with that, I'm not forcing you to make the purchase.

Spot on

Bash64

Spot on

Exactly

BadPickle

That may be so, but when members enquire on the upper limit of the transaction, smells like the floodgates are well and truly open now.

Maybe it's a bad weather evening ;)

Wriggles

Indeed and perfectly reasonable and acceptable, considering we all know you (virtually) and have seen your fetish for pink goats, you're rock solid trustable.

However, for someone buying who may not know you or anything else, it may put them off, if you don't trust them why trust you? It does work both ways.

The age old adage is probably the best protection, choose your buyer/seller. If something seems a bit off then avoid until you manage to find some reassurance.

I bought M2M fairly early on. It was a smaller forum then, member nicks were more recognisable and easier to check past history, and I bought from a mod so there was that :)

But in the last year or two there's been an awful lot of twats signing up, I'm starting to think if I was ever selling or if I ever buy another M2M, I wouldn't go near anyone who hasn't been very active on the forum, particularly newer members asking for PP gift.

There's always some risk, anyone can go rogue, but why put your hand out to be slapped when you don't need to?

tomtom1988

Il pay PayPal gift if the member has at least a few decent feedbacks, other than that I am happy to stump the 4%

I personally always ask for gift as it's easier, you should always check feedback wether paying gift or goods IMO

black263

I'm not asking the buyer to trust me without due diligence. They can look at previous sales I've made, and how they've gone. They will see that on the very rare occasion that there has been a problem, I've gone above and beyond to sort it out there and then. I don't have the evidence to give me the same confidence in a noob. In this, I'm no different from our dealers who often will only accept WU from a noob, until they have established a relationship.

Between two UK members, PP Gift and Bank Transfer both offer fee-free transfers, and I quite like a process that doesn't put money into PPs coffers That's why I only sell into the UK, and using these two methods (or as one member did, meet me for a beer, check the watch over, and pay cash)

Wriggles

I'm not asking the buyer to trust me without due diligence.

Hence why I said the best thing anyone can do, paypal gift or not, is choose the buyer/seller.

I completely agree with everything you said

Nikohublot

Paypal gift/Western Union only when the seller is located in Nigeria ...

BadPickle

Rassist :facepalm:

Nikohublot

Rassist :facepalm:

I see you never won something via email and just had to make a little transaction with WU or PP gift to Nigeria :D

deju

To test this I'm happy to PM OP my PayPal addy he can attempt to gift me the largest amount he can think of...