Sign in to follow this  
aistea

Need advice on the Rolex Day Date watch - The One or Trusty?

aistea

Hi,

I'm in the market for a Day Date. I have picked two favorites. One from Trusty and the other from The One.

I'd like to know whether there's any difference between the two watches:

The One: http://www.theonewat...search=day+date

Trusty: http://www.trustytim...oducts_id=16020

The watch on Trusty with Asia 2836-2 movement goes for $348.00 and on The One for $278.00. The One also offers a $20 discount which would bring it down to $258.

Which should I pick? Is it exactly the same watch? Or is there even a better seller for the Day Date?

Edited by aistea

GenTLe

Exactly the same watch. Both from BP factory. Just ask them to have it with a standard not modified Asian 2836, and not with a "supposed" Swiss ETA (the one) or a modified Asian (trusty)

aistea

Exactly the same watch. Both from BP factory. Just as them not to have it with a standard not modified Asian 2836, and not with a "supposed" Swiss ETA (the one) or a modified Asian (trusty)

Thank you. Well, The One doesn't have the Swiss ETA available anymore. Only with the Asian Eta 2836-2 which seems to be exactly the same as on Trusty. Is that correct? If so - is it exactly the same watch just for a different price?

GenTLe

Sorry I messed up with the phone, now my reply has more sense.

And yes, same watch. Trusty is normally a bit more expensive, so nothing new :)

jarrodholley

I love that grey stripe dial, I have yet to see this. I'd be curious to know if you order and what your thoughts are.

aistea

Thank you. So I'll pick The One and safe a few bucks.

I love that grey stripe dial, I have yet to see this. I'd be curious to know if you order and what your thoughts are.

Yes, I'll order it within the next few days. Once it arrives I'll post a few pictures of it. I might stop by at a local Rolex store and take some side by side pictures.

aistea

Exactly the same watch. Both from BP factory. Just ask them to have it with a standard not modified Asian 2836, and not with a "supposed" Swiss ETA (the one) or a modified Asian (trusty)

So you're saying that the "swiss" and modified Asian movements are worse than the regular Asian movement? This one http://www.pf-818.com/r40dds10002-228235-ss-ss-grey-stk-stripe-swiss-2836.html?___SID=U has the watch with an "Asian Clone" movement for $288.

In all honesty, I don't know anymore what to pick:(

black263

Yes, I'll order it within the next few days. Once it arrives I'll post a few pictures of it. I might stop by at a local Rolex store and take some side by side pictures.

You know how to wind us up don't you. Prepare to be flamed!!

GenTLe

So you're saying that the "swiss" and modified Asian movements are worse than the regular Asian movement? This one http://www.pf-818.com/r40dds10002-228235-ss-ss-grey-stk-stripe-swiss-2836.html?___SID=U has the watch with an "Asian Clone" movement for $288.

Again the exact same watch you see at Trusty. Same movement too. I don't believe the "brand Swiss" hype from a while now.

And yes, I prefer a good new unmodded Asian clone than a unsure Swiss or a modded Asian clone.

MetalMickey

You know how to wind us up don't you. Prepare to be flamed!!

tumblr_static_tumblr_mir9qyogam1s1y1gvo2_500.gif

aistea

So you're saying that the "swiss" and modified Asian movements are worse than the regular Asian movement? This one http://www.pf-818.co...6.html?___SID=U has the watch with an "Asian Clone" movement for $288.

Again the exact same watch you see at Trusty. Same movement too. I don't believe the "brand Swiss" hype from a while now.

And yes, I prefer a good new unmodded Asian clone than a unsure Swiss or a modded Asian clone.

Thanks man! Once I get the watch I'll post a few pictures.

aistea

So, theonewatches sells the Rolex Day Date with three different movements.

1. Swiss for $318.00

2. Asian Eta 2836-2 for $278.00

3. Asia 2836-2 movement with engraved Bridges & Rotor for $338.00

They're all from BP Factory.

Trusty Time sells following models:

1. From BP Factory with Asia 2836-2 movement with engraved Bridges & Rotor for $348

2. From Noob Factory with Asia Clone 3255 Automatic with decorated rotor and bridges/plates for $368

I'm honestly totally overwhelmed and don't know which to pick. Please help.

splke

now buy it and stfu oh and post pics when you get it

:)

black263

Unless you plan to take the back off to stare at the movement, no point in spending on decorated movements in a solid caseback. As for the ETA vs the Asian, that's covered in Greg's very informative post about Movements found in Watches, which you'll find in the NEW MEMBER START HERE area of the homepage.

aistea

now buy it and stfu oh and post pics when you get it

:)

LOLOLOLOL, I will, thanks.

Unless you plan to take the back off to stare at the movement, no point in spending on decorated movements in a solid caseback. As for the ETA vs the Asian, that's covered in Greg's very informative post about Movements found in Watches, which you'll find in the NEW MEMBER START HERE area of the homepage.

Understood, thanks.

Frazzle

Asian ETA, period.

I've fallen foul of the whole trying to get an authentic looking movement. To be honest the 2836 is the best movement to go for. Forget Swiss as you're likely to get a second hand Swiss movement, forget clone Rolex movements, as even if you're lucky enough to get a good one, you'll be crying when it breaks and you're hunting for spare parts to fit it. As for the 2836 with decorated bridges, what's the point, as even with decorated bridges it will still look like a 2836 and not a genuine movement.

Play it safe and stick with an Asian clone ETA is my final word :thumbsup: