Sign in to follow this  
NCRich

How a stupid fu#k mails a watch

MDK

I had one recently on here, chucked in a box with one small piece of bubble wrap, quite happily rattling around in the box.

Granted there was good grace to use a box, and it was second class mail so it clearly will have traveled slower and not been subject to damage.

processengr

Most of us would know better I think, maybe the seller had someone else ship the watch for them...

JackJ1980

It looks legit to me.......

You did order a t-shirt right? That's how my t-shirts always come.

domsdaddy123

I once had a guy ship me a 1k franken loose in a box wrappwd in one piece of toilet paper. Seriously, just one piece of toilet paper with a tiny piece of tape holding it together..like whats the point of that? The piece was rattling around in the box so much the second hand AND logo poped off the dial..some people have no respect..I think its a respect thing...

Tits McGee

Most of us would know better I think, maybe the seller had someone else ship the watch for them...

You would think but I'm afraid it will continue until there's a rule with some teeth in it.

avc0002

Hey Rich. About that watch you just got from me. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. You might not want to look at the packaging. Haha

Just awful honestly. If I don't have bubble wrap around. I'll just load up whatever box I can find with a bunch of paper towels. Not the most official padding but it gets the job done.

atgm

That's a disgrace, "what a liberty" is right.

I usually try to take my wrapping/packing cues from the TDs... they do more of it than I ever will. It's not like a giant roll of bubble wrap is even that expensive!

lilweazel

The small flat rate priority box is perfect for sending a wrapped watch and costs like 6 bucks to get it anywhere in the COTUS in 2-3 days. WTF was this guys thought process.

NCRich

Hey Rich. About that watch you just got from me. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. You might not want to look at the packaging. Haha

Just awful honestly. If I don't have bubble wrap around. I'll just load up whatever box I can find with a bunch of paper towels. Not the most official padding but it gets the job done.

:lol:

SLTIEUVE

I once had a guy ship me a 1k franken loose in a box wrappwd in one piece of toilet paper. Seriously, just one piece of toilet paper with a tiny piece of tape holding it together..like whats the point of that? The piece was rattling around in the box so much the second hand AND logo poped off the dial..some people have no respect..I think its a respect thing...

Single ply or double ply??

bobandshawn

Not just you Rich...SAME happened to me. Guy had buyer's remorse so I said I would take the watch back and give him a refund. Watch arrived DOA in an envelope!?!?!?!? You should have seen the three pages of bullshit that ensued...

B

5vgcxiJ.jpg

bobandshawn

Left side looked like it got stuck in some machine or run over...AND it came from Canada!!!

B

NCRich

Left side looked like it got stuck in some machine or run over...AND it came from Canada!!!

B

Nothing good ever comes from Canada.

:lol:

tkingjr

Next will will need a packaging video for idiots. We know they won't read.

watch.aholic

Oh man that's unforgivable...

narikaa

If only he'd a thrown a considerate handful of gravel in too for you

it good have been "vintagised" by the time you opened it

dfq23

Who was the dick who is now banned on here that there was a big kerfuffle about with sending watches in an envelope?  Was it the same one who it also kicked off about some watch with Stormyclitthesizeofababysarm?

Edited by dfq23

Genius
I think shipping in a "Goddamn Box" should be a requirement for selling in M2M. Opening a paypal dispute or paypal notes is a banable offense correct? Why not shipping in a paper bag too? That's just plain negligent. Are boxes THAT difficult to obtain?

Agree 100% it's just common fucking sense

Now how can we find a way to get a mod to back the cause :P

greg_r

it's perfectly possible to pack a watch safely in a padded envelope. Robert used to ship watches that way all the time. Lots of bubblewrap, well taped together. Nothing wrong with it.

This sorta thing is completely unacceptable, however. I'll add a note about secure packaging to the sales rules.

Genius
it's perfectly possible to pack a watch safely in a padded envelope. Robert used to ship watches that way all the time. Lots of bubblewrap, well taped together. Nothing wrong with it.

This sorta thing is completely unacceptable, however. I'll add a note about secure packaging to the sales rules.

To be honest I got one in an envelope this week but it was rolled over and over and layered as good as if boxed so I get you...

And secure packaging is basically all we need specified because you can put something in a box and still wrap it like a bellend!

Thanks Greg!

greg_r

Added to M2M Rules:

6. IMPORTANT NOTE ON PACKAGING: You should always package any items you sell as securely as possible. Preferably in a box with lots of bubble-wrap (or a re-used foam box as used by most of our TDs). Note that if you ship a watch in inadequate packaging (such as in a padded envelope with insufficient extra packing) and it gets damaged in transit, Mods WILL side with the buyer on any dispute that results.

Doubt it will make much difference with the numpties, but not much does.... :headdesk:

Wriggles

Idiots are idiots. A box isn't going to do much good if the watch is rattling around inside. It's about how it's packaged rather than what it's packaged in. Though a box with plenty of wrapping should be ideal, and honestly should be the standard.

My worry is if you're buying a watch from a tool like that, he/she clearly has so little respect for it if he/she thinks it's going to make it safely packaged that way, it would make you worry about how he/she treats their watches in general.

Make you want to avoid buying anything from them, ever

purger72

Answers to this is plane simple. Seller is saving on postage and goes for less possible weight.

First has no respect for the buyer

Second seller is tight asss, PERIOD

onzenuub

Is you still pissed?