Sign in to follow this  
msmalls1982

Perfectwatches.to site? Quick question

msmalls1982

I've searched around and would still consider myself a n00b to this thing but I have ordered 3 reps from a couple of TDs. Once complaint I have is I would prefer more options with swiss movements.

I was checking a website and came across a review of this website perfectwatches.to

They have a smaller selection than most TDs but clame to have swiss movements in a lot of the models that other TDs only have in asian movements but happen to be around 2x as epensive.

Has anyone ordered from this site? Are they really swiss movements?

Sorry if I'm asking a question someone already asked, i couldn't find it in the forums and I hope I'm not breaking any rules for asking!

Thelittleprince

Stick to TD'S

RepGuy

No they are not real Swiss movements. If you want to take a risk with an unknown site, go for it. But if you want to get the watch pictured and with the specifications listed, use a Trusted Dealer here. Why with literally thousands of members reviewing the dealers here would you want to pick some scam site that may not give you anything at all after they take your money?

msmalls1982

No they are not real Swiss movements. If you want to take a risk with an unknown site, go for it. But if you want to get the watch pictured and with the specifications listed, use a Trusted Dealer here. Why with literally thousands of members reviewing the dealers here would you want to pick some scam site that may not give you anything at all after they take your money?

That's why I was asking the guys that know the most! Are there any TDs that happen to have more swiss movements? I've checked the few I know and it's nearly impossible. There will be 1 or 2 models with a Swiss ETA movement so I know there must be more out there? I don't want to ship my watches out to Nick to have them properly lubricated, waterproofed, cleaned and assembled to swiss specifications (not a bad deal at all, I'm sending him one shortly....just wondering if anyone knows a TD who happens to sell more Swiss movement watches).

Thanks everyone! And I noticed puretime wasn't on your TD list, I've purchased from them twice and had great experiences? Is there a reason why you don't consider them TDs?

lilweazel

Read up on this site. The Swiss ETA thing has been discussed many times.

msmalls1982

Do you mind telling me which forum? I coudn't find anything specific. I would greatly appreciate it!

lilweazel

Do you mind telling me which forum? I coudn't find anything specific. I would greatly appreciate it!

Dude you at least have to try....

www.google.com

swiss eta site:www.rwg.bz

RepGuy

The Swatch Group (Makers of most Swiss movements) has stopped providing movements to almost everyone outside of their brands, meaning Swiss movements dried up years ago for the most part. The reason you aren't finding Swiss movements with the Trusted Dealers is because they are not widely available or made in most rep watches. These scam sites you are looking at will claim anything to get your money, after which one of two things will happen:

1. You receive nothing at all

2. You receive a terrible quality rep that you overpaid for by about 5000%

If you were to actually search the forum and read, you would know this. You can't expect members to feed you answers with no work on your part. A good rule of thumb is this; if a TD can't get it, nobody else can either.

msmalls1982

The Swatch Group (Makers of most Swiss movements) has stopped providing movements to almost everyone outside of their brands, meaning Swiss movements dried up years ago for the most part. The reason you aren't finding Swiss movements with the Trusted Dealers is because they are not widely available or made in most rep watches. These scam sites you are looking at will claim anything to get your money, after which one of two things will happen:

1. You receive nothing at all

2. You receive a terrible quality rep that you overpaid for by about 5000%

If you were to actually search the forum and read, you would know this. You can't expect members to feed you answers with no work on your part. A good rule of thumb is this; if a TD can't get it, nobody else can either.

I wasn't asking anyone to go do a google search for me, I searched everywhere including this forum and couldn't find anything concrete, I understand someones need to pick on the new guy but I was just asking a simple question that any experienced rep buyer would know without having to do any research on his own.

I've only purchased 3 from 2 diff rep sellers (toro/puretime which for some reason isn't listed as TD here) but I don't know the in's and out's of the industry as well as most of you do. I was just asking if anyone know off the top of their head, not expecting someone to "feed" me anything. If someone posted a question on a forum I was a member of and I knew the answer I would gladly reply. Anything I can do to help someone else is a task worth doing.

Either way I appreciate the feedback and info. I didn't know they were so hard to find as I've seen a few here and there. Most of them do tend to be older reps which makes sense now.

Thanks again!

RepGuy

You're not getting picked on, but when the same questions come up every day, it gets old. I may come off as harsh, but the reason is that someone will have this question in a few days, which is why there are all of those New Member links on the front page that answer this stuff. The big thing is that you're asking about buying from an unknowns site that no member can vouch for. We have a large range of TDs who can get you high quality reps, although not all,with Swiss movements. If they can't get it, no one can

msmalls1982

You're not getting picked on, but when the same questions come up every day, it gets old. I may come off as harsh, but the reason is that someone will have this question in a few days, which is why there are all of those New Member links on the front page that answer this stuff. The big thing is that you're asking about buying from an unknowns site that no member can vouch for. We have a large range of TDs who can get you high quality reps, although not all,with Swiss movements. If they can't get it, no one can

I completely understand, was just curious if anyone had heard of it before, the review of the site seemed reputable and there were a good amount of what appeared to be real reviews, i guess scammers will go the extra distance to make something seem legit, sorry for bothering ya

RepGuy

I completely understand, was just curious if anyone had heard of it before, the review of the site seemed reputable and there were a good amount of what appeared to be real reviews, i guess scammers will go the extra distance to make something seem legit, sorry for bothering ya

Sadly, scam sites have gone to the lengths of even creating fake review sites, where they may review other sites, but put a focus on how good the reps were purchased from the scam site that created the fake reviews. When you think about how much some of these scam sites charge for low quality or non-existent reps, it's no wonder they will go to such lengths. You're already doing better than most of the people searching to buy a rep by signing up here though.

Wriggles

Couldn't find anything concrete?

There's a thread about movements that answers this in the new member stickies.

I will never understand why new members don't read the new member threads

Add that to the hundreds of threads asking about Swiss movements and the very clear answers provided and it couldn't really be anything but concrete.

msmalls1982

Hi

Try this link...It's from the "New members start here" section

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showtopic=39

For a swiss ETA try Andrew at Trusty Time...He has some.

Good luck.

Thanks man much appreciated, realize when coming to a new forum there are a ton of different sub forums and a ton of stickies with 100s of pages, I read what I could and didn't find much, thanks again!

black263

You need to take time to read the NEW MEMBERS START HERE links and sub links which is in big red letters on the front page. We get a little short if a noob asks a question without reading them. We know you didn't because your specific question about Swiss movements is answered there.

Take an hour or so and work through the links.

AJB2

Hi

Try this link...It's from the "New members start here" section

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showtopic=39

For a swiss ETA try Andrew at Trusty Time...He has some.

Good luck.

Thanks man much appreciated, realize when coming to a new forum there are a ton of different sub forums and a ton of stickies with 100s of pages, I read what I could and didn't find much, thanks again!

You're most welcome. I'm also a Newbie & know it can all be a little overwhelming at times...I found, read ALL of the "New members start here" section on the right, in red, first & then go from there...I read that, chose Andrew at Trusty Time as my first dealer, read some more, bought some more, read some more.... :giggle:

Edited by AJB2

black263

Your other question was Why is Puretime not a TD. Ok that isn't covered by the New Members info,so would seem at first glance to be a reasonable question. But perhaps it's been asked before. So before posting the question you might try searching. Put the phrase Why is Puretime not a TD in the search box. 414 hits.

RUSH2112

Jeez, first day using the Internet OP?

tomtom1988

Swiss movements are generally Swiss and Asian movements cobbled together using old parts. 99.9% of us would agree that Asian ETAs are the way forward with reps. Exceptions being TV and BK who use gen movements. Swiss Quartz are always good quality ( Swiss Ronda) have a couple of those myself. If going auto, stick with Asian movements

black263

Swiss movements are generally Swiss and Asian movements cobbled together using old parts. 99.9% of us would agree that Asian ETAs are the way forward with reps. Exceptions being TV and BK who use gen movements. Swiss Quartz are always good quality ( Swiss Ronda) have a couple of those myself. If going auto, stick with Asian movements

How do these manage to get hold of new Swiss movements if the factories can't?

RepGuy

It's not impossible to get Swiss movements, just check Ebay and you'll see plenty available. I think the main difference between someone like BK getting these movements and a rep factory is quantity. BK wont need nearly as many movements for his watches due to the relatively low number he sells compared to one of the rep factories churning out unimaginable amounts. I think it's also a logistics thing for the factories... they want to produce a rep that has a low enough price point to gather sales. When people go to BK, they are already expecting to spend a fair amount on a single rep, while many people who are looking for "generic" reps wont spend nearly that much, meaning it would be a waste of money and resources for the factories to spend that money on Swiss movements just to please what may only be 1% of their consumer base.

rypho1

i almost bought from them before i came across forums like this and RWi , canceled my order and have never looked back.. on my third quality rep now and the knowledge gained on this site is fantastic. When i look back at the picture of the Audemars piguet 15300 i was going to buy from there its embarrassingly laughable compared to JF 15400 i have now... it was a poor rep and was roughly the same price!! stick to TDs mate! i feel i dodged an expensive bullet with that site:)

black263

It's not impossible to get Swiss movements, just check Ebay and you'll see plenty available. I think the main difference between someone like BK getting these movements and a rep factory is quantity. BK wont need nearly as many movements for his watches due to the relatively low number he sells compared to one of the rep factories churning out unimaginable amounts. I think it's also a logistics thing for the factories... they want to produce a rep that has a low enough price point to gather sales. When people go to BK, they are already expecting to spend a fair amount on a single rep, while many people who are looking for "generic" reps wont spend nearly that much, meaning it would be a waste of money and resources for the factories to spend that money on Swiss movements just to please what may only be 1% of their consumer base.

So does the factory install the Gen Swiss ETA, or does BK? On his site it isn't listed as a modification.