Sign in to follow this  
BM284

Rather taken with the look of this...Steinhart ocean one vintage chronograph

BM284

While haveing a look through Steinhart's website I immediately saw this baby and tbh am quite taken with the look of this.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/chronographs/ocean-one-vintage-chronograph-645.html

Has any one actually seen one/got one? And is the quality as good as it looks? Interested to know! Answers on a postcard if you'd be so kind ;)

MetalMickey
o1vc_panda_01.1484909539.jpg

MetalMickey

A Paul Newman clone but with a Dubois Depraz chronograph built on top of an ETA 2824.

Pricey, though at €980, but Steinharts are generally built well

BM284

It is pricy I know....shame it's not a little bit less! Do steinhart ever have sales or discount codes?

Moondustesp

That is rather nice. Buy it and be the first to review it ;)

MetalMickey

It is pricy I know....shame it's not a little bit less! Do steinhart ever have sales or discount codes?

I've never seen any - and that's why my last mid-range gen purchase was a Chris Ward and not the Steinhart Ocean Titanium.

For that money I got a gen used Omega Speedmaster Reduced - with the same DD Chrono module.

BM284

I've never seen any - and that's why my last mid-range gen purchase was a Chris Ward and not the Steinhart Ocean Titanium.

For that money I got a gen used Omega Speedmaster Reduced - with the same DD Chrono module.

That is a good consideration - picking up a used omega speed master reduced .... Curse this hobby sometimes, not enough cash in the day!!

MetalMickey

That is a good consideration - picking up a used omega speed master reduced .... Curse this hobby sometimes, not enough cash in the day!!

Buy this one, quick, before I do... http://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega-speedmaster-automatic-reduced-351050-sn-56535579--id5795780.htm

BM284

Buy this one, quick, before I do... http://www.chrono24.com/omega/omega-speedmaster-automatic-reduced-351050-sn-56535579--id5795780.htm

That's a fantastic deal ..... Great spot on C24! I'd be spending money that isn't there at the moment though.... :(

MetalMickey

That's a fantastic deal ..... Great spot on C24! I'd be spending money that isn't there at the moment though.... :(

Damn the weak pound or I'd have that. Customs charges would ruin the deal. I sold mine last year and missed the chance to buy it back, still gutted :(

NCRich

$1060.00, $30 shipping.

Might have to do this.

Callumz

Only thing that puts me off this is the thickness of the watch!

NCRich

Screen_Shot_2016_10_04_at_17_59_37.png

Tuna can, pass.

MetalMickey

Tuna can, pass.

No wonder I found it so hard to get a side view of it!

BM284
Screen_Shot_2016_10_04_at_17_59_37.png

Tuna can, pass.

That is rather tall... Still think it looks good from the front though!

Stewart

Only thing that puts me off this is the thickness of the watch!

Exactly! 18mm thick! That's DSSD thickness...not quite the slim Daytona figure.

deju

Not get a Speedie reduced for £900 these days, see them going for £1300 on the bay easily now :o

I will admit I'd be on this watch circa £600.... I love the design cues from Newman Rolex's

MetalMickey

Not get a Speedie reduced for £900 these days, see them going for £1300 on the bay easily now :o

See post #8 ;)

Nickfive

Why to brands feel as if they have to copy others? i know its a money maker but fuck me have a backbone............

Genius
Why to brands feel as if they have to copy others? i know its a money maker but fuck me have a backbone............

Interesting POV on a replica watch forum :rofl:

MetalMickey

I agree: there is nothing worse than an 'amost-rep' - worst thing about this is the wording SWISS MADE instead of DAYTONA

Nickfive

Its completely different and you know it, imagine having a replica of a steinhart thats a rip off of a daytona? it pisses me right off

Tits McGee

Steinhart's are generally homage watches, and I love em'. They don't try to hide it either. For the money, they're terrific values. They hold their value better than anything in the under $1k price range too. All have ETA movements (or some variation of), thus the "Swiss Made" but they're actually assembled in Germany.

That Daytona model is similar in price to their Premium line but at 18mm thick and only 42mm, I agree, it's probably like wearing a tuna can.

I've owned quite a few but my favorite is the Ocean One Black.

emZT2Zm.jpg

I have to believe that at some point. they were sued by Rolex but I could be wrong. Still, I can't see (or afford) wearing a $5K watch multiple times a week/month, but I have no issue wearing this one an awful lot without worrying about scratches or damage. To me, it's no different than wearing any rep. Of course a whiny cunt might see it different! :lol:

OH....for that kind of $ I'd buy this. In fact, I'm conspiring to reallocate some finances for this one now! Shhhh, wife around somewhere.

vAk6hH3.jpg

Nickfive

Steinhart's are generally homage watches, and I love em'. They don't try to hide it either. For the money, they're terrific values. They hold their value better than anything in the under $1k price range too. All have ETA movements (or some variation of), thus the "Swiss Made" but they're actually assembled in Germany.

That Daytona model is similar in price to their Premium line but at 18mm thick and only 42mm, I agree, it's probably like wearing a tuna can.

I've owned quite a few but my favorite is the Ocean One Black.

emZT2Zm.jpg

I have to believe that at some point. they were sued by Rolex but I could be wrong. Still, I can't see (or afford) wearing a $5K watch multiple times a week/month, but I have no issue wearing this one an awful lot without worrying about scratches or damage. To me, it's no different than wearing any rep. Of course a whiny cunt might see it different! :lol:

OH....for that kind of $ I'd buy this. In fact, I'm conspiring to reallocate some finances for this one now! Shhhh, wife around somewhere.

vAk6hH3.jpg

Now that second one i do like

Genius

Its completely different and you know it, imagine having a replica of a steinhart thats a rip off of a daytona? it pisses me right off

I suppose it depends what you are after, I bought a steinhart ovgmt because I'd had reps of both the modern 42mm Explorer 2 and also the older Explorer 2 and whilst I preferred the 42mm size I loved the Steve Mcqeen styling so other than dropping £15k on a blacken mod the steinhart was a perfect compromise

o1vintagegmt_1kx1k_10.1484909264.jpg