Sign in to follow this  
Rainer

Submariner steel/gold Blue bezel 16613LB or 116613LB - advice

Rainer

Submariner 16613LB - 116613LB

Hi guys,

this is my first post due to long illness after registration.

I am looking for a Submariner steel/gold with blue bezel - one of above versions - priority on best made rep version.

Actually I own an older genuine steel/gold Datejust, so do not like to waste a fortune again.

As this scene is moving very fast from what I've read, I'd like to get a good recommendation from experienced guys, where to buy a very good piece from. After lots of reading I got more and more confused...maybe there are only 2 factories, but hundred dealers :-))

Movement I have narrowed down to a Miyota 9015 or Swiss ETA 2826/2836. And, if possible, swimming should be possible with this watch.

There are several dealers in the list, but its difficult for a newbie to select one, as obviously all have similar good feedback?!

Important will also be a transit shipment via UK etc., as german customs are very effective in this case...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rainer

FlyingSpur

Once you get more posts you will see additional info... when that happens I'd check with BK if you are looking for anything Rolex... he does GREAT work.

Just my 2 cents as a fellow newbie.

upcfordcruiser

Hate to say it but you're asking some something that isn't common even in high end reps - the gold is usually bad quality and will rub off, and very few have sustainable water resistance.

dilip

I wanna see a picture of your gen DJ :) thought I was about to read a review clicking this topic so that's the least you can do for me ;)

Rainer

Hate to say it but you're asking some something that isn't common even in high end reps - the gold is usually bad quality and will rub off, and very few have sustainable water resistance.

thats what I was afraid of, the gold plating, and why I asked :-))

Of course I can avoid swimming, but unfortunately I am in love with this steel/gold blue - my wife says looks like circus...so I first wanted to check out, before investing and probably rarely using it...

But its always good to get an honest answer!

Thelittleprince

Are you rainer the one who makes watch boxes by any chance? :P

Rainer

I wanna see a picture of your gen DJ :) thought I was about to read a review clicking this topic so that's the least you can do for me ;)

its a vintage 1601 steel/gold 36 mm DJ , but fits my arm better than the new big 42 I checked out - of course you can get photos of this oldie tomorrow :-))

The reason why I like the 40mm Submariner.

noo...never!

dilip

its a vintage 1601 steel/gold 36 mm DJ , but fits my arm better than the new big 42 I checked out - of course you can get photos of this oldie tomorrow :-))

The reason why I like the 40mm Submariner.

noo...never!

Cool, looking forward to it! :)

Rainer

sorry, but don't find any direct way to insert an image in post ?! Thats very unusual... button IMAGE wants an URL...

Rainer

thanks - found similar in search, but all via 3rd party like photobucket, flickr etc.

Don't like that... no direct way ??

FoxWilde

I have a dual tone 116613 ceramic. I love it. It has a smooth ETA 2836 and the blue and YG contrast perfectly. It's important to treat this watch different than a steel model, mainly because of the plating. I will say, however, brown leather straps look stunning with it, and it will save you from worrying about scraping up the bracelet.