avc0002

Anyone heard of Dan Henry Watches???

greg_r

If I hadn't just bought an LLD I would be tempted to take a punt at it.

Date or no-date?

Date. Would have liked a no-date, but i got the date version at a silly price, so went for it smile.png

Same version as mine. No-date are impossible to find.

Even when you do find them, they tend to be rather expensive...

Thang

Very interesting. I like the look of the black 1963 and may get one in the near future. Thanks op for the link and others for the reviews.

NFleischer

I like that 1970, $250 with Seiko auto movement ain't bad IMO.

Reminds me of this IWC rep, also about $250

a52a910a-1730-4296-b01d-4ce4cfea7742_zpstrhcbphq.jpg

splke

Just got mine today ... It really is very nice finished well and all in all a very good package it came out at £192 on the CC !

I think the bezel may be a Gnats cock hair off might be my eyes though

it's going back obviously but very nice all the same :)

20170309_120625.jpg

forsina

How are these DW watches holding up ?

greg_r

Given that they're using Seiko movements, they should hold up just fine.

NFleischer

I think I've also seen some Dan Henry TT 'Bluesy' type watches on Amazon.  BTW- Amazon has the 1970 Compressor for $320 USED!

forsina
On 3/13/2018 at 19:51, NFleischer said:

I think I've also seen some Dan Henry TT 'Bluesy' type watches on Amazon.  BTW- Amazon has the 1970 Compressor for $320 USED!

They are actually up to 350 USD - used

SliceMaster

That`s insane since a new one from their website is $250 with free shipping worldwide

NFleischer
2 hours ago, forsina said:

They are actually up to 350 USD - used

PS That was Henry Jay watches that make the TT bluesy- "my bad"

forsina
1 hour ago, SliceMaster said:

That`s insane since a new one from their website is $250 with free shipping worldwide

Agree, would understand if they were sold out as they are claimed to be limited pieces!

SliceMaster

Today I decicded to go for it and ordered this beauty..

it costs $ 220 with free shipping worldwide

1939_1.jpg

1939_3.jpg

duddlyboy

They're shite , made even shitter by the fact  the c@nt that is TGV was paid to shill them .

SliceMaster
13 hours ago, duddlyboy said:

They're shite , made even shitter by the fact  the c@nt that is TGV was paid to shill them .

Thank you for one very informative post  NOT

If you have any real info to tell us feel free to do so if this was your maximum level of intelligence then I feel sorry for you !!!

duddlyboy
8 hours ago, SliceMaster said:

Thank you for one very informative post  NOT

If you have any real info to tell us feel free to do so if this was your maximum level of intelligence then I feel sorry for you !!!

Well i could write a soliloquy , full of my thoughts on the watches,  and the Dan Henry brand .They are shit , is a nice way of summarising my thoughts . My maximum level of intelligence ? In the same vein , i note your inability to use any form of punctuation in your reply . However making an assumption on someones level of intelligence from a two line internet post , or making a crass personal comment about it isn't my style . Obviously you have purchased a Dan Henry watch , so my comments have hurt your feelings . Hence your ridiculous and hysterical outburst . Enjoy your 'vintage' quartz fashion watch and wear in good health .

Edited by duddlyboy

SliceMaster

It was your first comment about these watches being shite, why dont you explain what makes them shite since you clearly knows that.

I`m sick of ppl jumping in and leaving comments like yours all over this forum. so now is your chance to tell us what you know ok.

Davesjourney

For what it's worth - after reading stuff on here and various reviews on t'interweb inc 'Armand The Watch Guy' (who appears to deffo knows his stuff), I took a punt and bought the grey 44mm 1970.  It's a great watch, well put together, really comortable and is one of my current go-to daily pieces.  It also went down pretty well at the last RWG GTG with plenty of folk handling/trying on.

I do not find that it is "shite" in any way or form for the money, especially with a Seiko NH35 automatic movement which doesn't appear to miss a beat.

Am interested to learn why my watch is "shite" though...

39934040502_0736dbfa2a_c.jpg

SliceMaster

THIS ^^

Come on now duddlyboy lets hear how shite this watch is!

duddlyboy
1 hour ago, Davesjourney said:

For what it's worth - after reading stuff on here and various reviews on t'interweb inc 'Armand The Watch Guy' (who appears to deffo knows his stuff), I took a punt and bought the grey 44mm 1970.  It's a great watch, well put together, really comortable and is one of my current go-to daily pieces.  It also went down pretty well at the last RWG GTG with plenty of folk handling/trying on.

I do not find that it is "shite" in any way or form for the money, especially with a Seiko NH35 automatic movement which doesn't appear to miss a beat.

Am interested to learn why my watch is "shite" though...

39934040502_0736dbfa2a_c.jpg

What with a £ 20 Seiko  NH35 Seiko  movement  in , sorry chap I stand corrected .They are ace .

Edited by duddlyboy

Davesjourney

Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion.  It would be ridiculous if we all liked the same thing.  You don't like the brand - fair enough.  Others clearly do.