Sign in to follow this  
iperleyr

SARB035 for $40...what's the scam here I wonder?

iperleyr

Link: http://www.ebay.ca/i...uMSiiQl2HG2HdSA

eBay listing of Seiko SARB035 for $40USD. The catch? I'm not sure yet. Maybe they take your money and send you...nothing? A broken watch? Or maybe it's just a typo. Feedback seems shady to me. While I can't be certain, many of the positive feedback appears to have been left by similar looking user names. The only negative feedback was two posts typed in Russian which translate to "not received" - shocker. Your thoughts?

wowsasb

Looks as though they are based in China and have lots of the same watch listed for various other peculiarly low prices. Not sure what they stand to gain?

childishthing

somebody buy one, i wanna find out

iperleyr

somebody buy one, i wanna find out

I did...I took the plunge.

iperleyr

I suppose if they really try and screw me I could open a PayPal dispute. Although I really wouldn't mind a shiny new SARB.

wowsasb

Im also tempted! Especially because of the PayPal protections. Let us know!

Thelittleprince

A rep maybe?

iperleyr

A rep maybe?

I thought about that myself. Would they rep such a "cheap" watch? I mean, they rep just about anything I supposed. Those Tissot PRS models are probably around the same price range and they get repped. I ordered this morning. I figure if there is no update stating "your item has shipped" within 24-hours, then I will message the seller and proceed from there.

childishthing

Listing ended, good luck.

trailboss99

Of course its been repped! They copy Bic ball pens don't they?

Andylaw1919

Your probably going to receive a message from eBay telling you that the listing is removed and that you can still open a dispute. The seller probably wont ship your item either.

iperleyr
Your probably going to receive a message from eBay telling you that the listing is removed and that you can still open a dispute. The seller probably wont ship your item either.

Got the "shipped" notification this morning. Will take about a month to get here. Will post pics of what I receive once it arrives.