Sign in to follow this  
Thelittleprince

2 Grand Gen Talk!

Thelittleprince

Hey guys

So i have decided to get a gen and i put a limit to myself at 2 Gee's! Looking at my watch box, it just doesn't feel right not to have even one gen! I am in no way close to being as smart as most guys here when it comes to a gen luxury purchase so i am asking you guys to help me out so i don't f#*$ up. I plan to keep this watch in my collection for a bit and eventually hand it over to my father. I know its suppose to be the other way around :lol: That being said the design should be kinda timeless!

Thanks in advance guys!

Genius

Speedy pro!

Its a timeless design (it basically hasn't changed for 60 years and still looks good) and you should have no trouble finding a decent used one in your 2k budget

Thelittleprince
Speedy pro!

I was looking at that but i feel its way to common! I liked the one with the sword hands but unfortunately its over my budget!

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/282323728840

RepGuy

All gold Rolex Datejust.

Thelittleprince
All gold Rolex Datejust.

Mentioned you on my portuguese sales thread :P

MetalMickey

Speedy pro!

Its a timeless design (it basically hasn't changed for 60 years and still looks good) and you should have no trouble finding a decent used one in your 2k budget

Where can you find a decent used Speedy Pro for less than $2k?

avc0002

did you want to go brand new or used??

tomtom1988

Nomos 701 , you could almost buy 2

Daffy

Go with a Steinhart. Top level movements, Sapphire, etc.

Genius

Speedy pro!

I found mine on WUS m2m section....

I was thinking in £ not $ though but mine was sub $2k although that was a year ago and a quick look on ebay and c24 and they defiantly seem to have gone up since I was looking, looks like I bought at the right time!

MetalMickey

Speedy pro!

I found mine on WUS m2m section....

I'm on it....

Thelittleprince
did you want to go brand new or used??

Pre-owned

Piccolo

Speedy

Longines (Master or Master Complication)

Bremont Solo

Any of the new Tudors

Rolex Oyster Precision/Perpetual

Tag Carrera

At 2k I don't think you will keep it as long as you want to, the speed which you flip reps makes me think this won't scratch an itch for very long :D So buy something your Dad will be happy to wear and hold onto...

Thelittleprince
Speedy

Longines (Master or Master Complication)

Bremont Solo

Any of the new Tudors

Rolex Oyster Precision/Perpetual

Tag Carrera

At 2k I don't think you will keep it as long as you want to, the speed which you flip reps makes me think this won't scratch an itch for very long :D So buy something your Dad will be happy to wear and hold onto...

Aww man.... you caught me :lmao:

The fun thing about reps is you get to enjoy everything! I don't feel like reps were meant to ever be keepers imho! Thats why i flip watches like crazy :lol:

stock10ctsv

I have to say get a Tudor Black Bay. I was skeptical when I first ordered mine but once I received it I knew I made the right decision.

Now I just need to get me a GMT Master II to make my collection complete.

Although if I come across a Speedy Pro with a hesalite crystal in between I am sure I will pick that up.

doodoowah57
Go with a Steinhart. Top level movements, Sapphire, etc.

Totally agree ... great value and quality ... for $2k, you can get 3-5 excellent watches, and being in the USA, all have no VAT or other tax & duty issues

Nickfive

Longines does it for me

MAJ75

Longines does it for me

I like the idea of the Lindbergh in your sweet spot price wise (pre-owned)............

lindbergh_watches.jpg

Also this B&M Moonphase as an alternative to the Longnes MC (which is also beautiful)........

baume_et_mercier_clifton_complete_calendar_moonp.jpg

Thelittleprince

Longines does it for me

I like the idea of the Lindbergh in your sweet spot price wise (pre-owned)............

lindbergh_watches.jpg

Also this B&M Moonphase as an alternative to the Longnes MC (which is also beautiful)........

baume_et_mercier_clifton_complete_calendar_moonp.jpg

Those are very nice!

Do you have links to any sales youve seen?

Longines does it for me

Im holding off longines because i plan to pick up the 60th annivarsary once its out!

I have to say get a Tudor Black Bay. I was skeptical when I first ordered mine but once I received it I knew I made the right decision.

Now I just need to get me a GMT Master II to make my collection complete.

Although if I come across a Speedy Pro with a hesalite crystal in between I am sure I will pick that up.

Had a black bay and sold it! Rep is just too darn good to justify the gen!

MAJ75

I saw the Longines 60th Anniversary thread, I was reading about it last week also...............it looks a stunning timpiece...........

The current Flagship shouldn't be overlooked it can be bought for under £900...............

l4_795_4_78_2_1.png

Thelittleprince
I saw the Longines 60th Anniversary thread, I was reading about it last week also...............it looks a stunning timpiece...........

The current Flagship shouldn't be overlooked it can be bought for under £900...............

l4_795_4_78_2_1.png

I went to check that out and the watch in real life isn't that great! Pictures make it look way better than what it is imho

deju
Speedy pro!

I was looking at that but i feel its way to common! I liked the one with the sword hands but unfortunately its over my budget!

Way too common?! I've only ever seen one other in the wild!

Plus they are going up like mad in price! I got my Pro last year for what the auto goes for now.

Thelittleprince
Speedy pro!

Way too common?! I've only ever seen one other in the wild!

Plus they are going up like mad in price! I got my Pro last year for what the auto goes for now.

Speedmasters and Subs i see a lot! But either way its off my price range. The link i posted is one i really want to get in the future! If you see any thats around 2 grand. Maybe even 2500 let me know id take it in a heart beat