Swiss Military Hanowa Bargains

dfq23
splke

ya buggers :(

stevok2305

Yes, very good indeed.

Look at this for £55! And delivered same-day with Prime! :lol:

https://www.amazon.c...8880160&sr=1-12

Well if some bugger kind person buys the PP I have for sale currently might treat myself to this one.

Genius

Really like this one

61mp0F3VUSL._UL1500_.jpg

But I know I wouldn't wear it got enough quartz watches that just sit in my watchbox

RepGuy

I never understood the need for Swiss made quartz movements. I may not know enough about quartz, but I thought it was just a crystal that vibrated, which leads to the noticable tick found in these movements. With the availability of reliable China made quartz, is Swiss worth the extra price?

Odyseus
Really like this one

61mp0F3VUSL._UL1500_.jpg

But I know I wouldn't wear it got enough quartz watches that just sit in my watchbox

That's the trouble plus they always look better in the advert photo, which I guess is done on a computer??

Genius

I never understood the need for Swiss made quartz movements. I may not know enough about quartz, but I thought it was just a crystal that vibrated, which leads to the noticable tick found in these movements. With the availability of reliable China made quartz, is Swiss worth the extra price?

Probably not chinese but Jap quartz is as good I'd take a seiko/epson or miyota as easily as an ETA or Rhonda....

Or a bulova precisionist over the lot

Odyseus

Just got a Accutron II for about £130. Sweeping hand and more accurate than normal Quartz ;)

IMG_20170301_075015_939_zpsksx3i85c.jpg

sogeha

I don't care what country the movement is made in, but certainly they are not all born equal, some are cheap rubbish and some good quality. I've seen a few Swiss ones that I wouldn't put in my daughter's Barrie watch.

*Barbie. Curse you spellchecker.

dfq23

Think it's more to do with rules on qualifying as Swiss made

dfq23
Really like this one

61mp0F3VUSL._UL1500_.jpg

the trouble plus they always look better in the advert photo, which I guess is done on a computer??

Video of it here

Edited by dfq23

splke

ordered 3 I can keep the best that way and free returns so see what they are like

After hunting round I think they are 39mm so not too bad and I never had a pvd watch

Genius
Really like this one

61mp0F3VUSL._UL1500_.jpg

the trouble plus they always look better in the advert photo, which I guess is done on a computer??

Video of it here

Actually looks decent in the video but I don't speak Russian so she could be saying its a total bag of shite

dfq23
Really like this one

61mp0F3VUSL._UL1500_.jpg

Video of it here

Actually looks decent in the video but I don't speak Russian so she could be saying its a total bag of shite

You're Turkish any better?

roberto

Nice tip :)

Have picked up the PVD and blue dial one. Figure that'll work as a very nice workhorse for pennies..

Genius
Really like this one

61mp0F3VUSL._UL1500_.jpg

Video of it here

You're Turkish any better?

Kebap?

Del

ordered 3 I can keep the best that way and free returns so see what they are like

After hunting round I think they are 39mm so not too bad and I never had a pvd watch

:lol:

I like your style. ;)

Odyseus

Ok then, who bought one??

Del

You?! :lol:

I didn't buy any.

deju

£55 same day is mad! Nice find if some one was wanting one.

Odyseus

You?! :lol:

I didn't buy any.

I was tempted but then it probably wouldn't get any wrist time. I tend to buy watches that are a bit different :)

roberto

Mine arrives today.

dfq23 aka "The Watchfinder General" :)