Sign in to follow this  
jyfans

PAM111 Noob V4

jyfans

Hi all,

I'm very new to this forum, just a quick introduction about myself, always kind of had the mentality of if I was to wear a luxury watch e.g. PAM's, IWC, PP whatever it is, I would have to buy a Gen and wear it with pride. However upon hours of reading and reading, especially given the fact that the rep's can be so close to the Gen's I thought for a fraction of the price, I can land myself with a quality timepiece for appreciation then why not. on a day to day basis these days I tend to just wear my gear s3 smart watch for practicability any way. But would really love start buying some rep's as I genuinely like the designs of the PAM's, went to the AD a couple of times near my work place and every time I would just drool over them. Due to the old mentality I have just been buying lower end quality watches (Predominantly Seiko's).

Long story short, I want to make my very first rep purchase and I have my eyes on the PAM111 Noob V4, have done a fair bit of readings on this forum and the consensus that I gathered was that a complete V4 is rare, thus I would like some pointers as to which trusted dealers am I likely to get the most complete V4 if any, understanding that there are numerous V3 -> V4 mods around I'm not pushing my luck to be able to get a full V4.

Many thanks in advanced!

J

nuttcrac69

Firstly, welcome.

The Pam 111 V4 is a lovely watch. I myself have one and you cannot go wrong.

Now sit back and wait to be chastised for putting this in the review section....

:lol:

jyfans

:help3: Can I move it to the right section or it's too late? I would love some assistance as I get chastised enough at work....

nuttcrac69
:help3: Can I move it to the right section or it's too late? I would love some assistance as I get chastised enough at work....

Don't worry. A Mod or Admin will be around soon enough.

:thumbsup:

jyfans

Ha! looks like I still haven't been chastised yet :titanic:

On a side note, I went ahead and ordered the V4 Noob Pam111 from Ts-Watch! So far the communication has been great and I paid for my order via WU, now eagerly waiting for the watch to arrive TD and get the QC pics of them. Perhaps once I receive the QC pics, the experienced fellas here can help me out with their eagle eyes???? :giggle:

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

nuttcrac69

Hahahaha. :lol:

nuttcrac69
Ha! looks like I still haven't been chastised yet :titanic:

On a side note, I went ahead and ordered the V4 Noob Pam111 from Ts-Watch! So far the communication has been great and I paid for my order via WU, now eagerly waiting for the watch to arrive TD and get the QC pics of them. Perhaps once I receive the QC pics, the experienced fellas here can help me out with their eagle eyes???? :giggle:

Not allowed to post QC pics I'm afraid...

jyfans

Damn that was fast... within minutes and i was crucified :death:

@nuttcrac69 thanks for the heads up or I would have been in trouble again.... nevertheless I could share the purchase experience later on :)

Daffy

No chastification, just a simple move...

TheTinMan

You haven't been cocky, you're apologetic and havent started an argument yet. Something tells me you'll be fine.

Welcome to the forum.

NFleischer

TS has them on sale for under $200 - good deal!

boredpanda

Enjoy your pam111, you won't regret it. It was my first too and now I can't stop buying more :giggle:

Honestly after having a few pieces, you won't really know the difference between a v3/v4 or the differences are so minute it's not worth the time to figure it out or do mods.

And that will apply to most reps, or at least the higher end ones.

ShovelnTC

Mate don't sweat the minor differences that you may or may not get if you buy a V4, most recent buys have received a mix of V3 & 4 parts but none are bad watches.

Just order from any of the TD's and you will likely be very happy.

Here's mine but a little dusty around the bezel.

AoTjVaV.jpg

sTtEH3t.jpg

jyfans

Haha thanks for the warm welcome guys :giggle: I was a little skeptical when I saw the sale on Ts watch as well, since on their website there are so many variation of Pam111 that costs a lot more, but I've emailed the TD and they said the one i got (the one below $200) is the current closest rep they have so I gave it a shot.

@ShovelnTC how long have you had it for? definitely looks very much the real one especially with the McLaren on the background :kinkythegayviking:

@TheTinMan thanks! I'd rather be a humble one over a keyboard warrior :P I'm far from knowledgeable enough to justify spending big dollars on a Gen swiss made watch, maybe one day when I have learn enough and truly appreciate the craftsmanship then I'll consider getting myself a Gen as a support to the company

epalanb

I've been wearing this one almost every day now for about a month and a half:

33663371792_12415cb5f9_b.jpg

I have been really happy with it. In the entire month and a half of wearing it I have had probably less than a half dozen notice or even know what Panerai was. No one and I mean NO ONE is going to notice the difference between one of these and a Gen or a V3 and a V4. I have scoured over and over the pics on Ale's guide and I don't think I could actually tell

deju
I've been wearing this one almost every day now for about a month and a half:

33663371792_12415cb5f9_b.jpg

I have been really happy with it. In the entire month and a half of wearing it I have had probably less than a half dozen notice or even know what Panerai was. No one and I mean NO ONE is going to notice the difference between one of these and a Gen or a V3 and a V4. I have scoured over and over the pics on Ale's guide and I don't think I could actually tell

Having a Marlin rep and a gen at the same time, give one to me and I'll tell you straight away, don't hand your rep to a wristi ;)

On the wrist it would be harder, replacement with a gen crystal would make it harder to tell

OP Toro has lovely closed caseback Pams on special for like $128, worth checking out

nuttcrac69

WTF?

black263

Yeah, this twat posted over a hundred of these all over the forum. Been banned now, but made a real mess for a while.

BadApple

It's a shame you have banned him - I've followed one of his links and found a nice PAM so I've ordered it - and they take Visa which is good - Had no response yet or order confirmation but maybe it's a day off in China.

black263

It's a shame you have banned him - I've followed one of his links and found a nice PAM so I've ordered it - and they take Visa which is good - Had no response yet or order confirmation but maybe it's a day off in China.

Don't forget to keep us up to date with progress. Good luck with your transaction.

BadApple

I was being Newbiebtastic.....