Sign in to follow this  
BackInHisBox

Favorite Chinese 6497/98 reps?

BackInHisBox

What's yours? Seems like the only Chinese movement that can be trusted to be of any quality or last past a few months is the Asian 6497/98.

So what's your favorite?

BadPickle

I don't know where you're getting your info from pal, but it ain't entirely accurate. I've a handful of various Chinese movements that have been working well in rotation for years including A7750's 2824's and 2813's yes I've had a few go bad and that doesn't exclude the 6497.

But I ain't rockin a miyota....... no way Pedro ;)

Robin195959

The seagull movement in the Daytonas is rock solid too

purger72

All my a7750,7751,2836,2824,2813 are going great for a nearly a year. i wind them, reset chronographs, work with them and all sort of stuff, no probs at all.

BackInHisBox
I don't know where you're getting your info from pal, but it ain't entirely accurate. I've a handful of various Chinese movements that have been working well in rotation for years including A7750's 2824's and 2813's yes I've had a few go bad and that doesn't exclude the 6497.

From here. From personal experience. But mostly from this very website and it's users. Even the pinned topic.

Says the movement is fine if you never use the chrono functions. Lol

epalanb

But mostly from this very website and it's users. Even the pinned topic.

I think a little more reading on the 7750 is in order. I think that movement is pretty solid as long as the sec bit is at 9. When it is located in anything other than @ 9 it adds extra gears and extra stress on everything in there that it was not designed for. That is where all the problems seem to come from. I have had 2 A2813's go bad but that thing runs $25 and it is an easy fix to pop in a new one.

rawbaws

I've had nothing but problems with St19's (two from two at least anyway :blowup: )

ffuhcu

I like my Noob 111 that has the 6497. It did stop working at a few months old but was fine after a service.

porschespeedster

I have had 2 A2813's go bad but that thing runs $25 and it is an easy fix to pop in a new one.

where do we buy 2813s for $25?

I could use a couple to play around with...

lrnz

I have had 2 A2813's go bad but that thing runs $25 and it is an easy fix to pop in a new one.

where do we buy 2813s for $25?

I could use a couple to play around with...

You can source them on eBay, not sure if exactly 25$ though

Yup, found them, they're about 30$, just search dg 2813 and they come up

Edited by LorenzoM

Left Coast Guy

From here. From personal experience. But mostly from this very website and it's users. Even the pinned topic.

I feel like you're reading comprehension is lacking than son.

If you stick to 6497, asian clone 28xx (except the CHS GMTs), and Miyota's, you'll be solid 95% of the time. 7750 drop that number to 85% of the time. End of story. 2813 or 21j can also be fine, but just more hit or miss.

GenTLe

Some of these info are a bit outdated.

7750, now, is a good movement and need the same care as the gen ETA 7750.

7750 with sec at 6 (latest versions used in the IWCs since 6/8 months) are reliable too. 7753 is also ok as like as 7751 (the moon-phase chronograph) and the 7754, the GMT used in certain Panerai. They are complex movements so care must be used.

Asian 2824 (date only), 2834 (daydate, day at 12), 2836 (daydate at 3, often used with no day wheel), 2892, are also ok. They exists in various grades, and the best ones are the SeaGull.

The Hangzhou 6460 is a 2836 with GMT module (hand stack GMT/hour/min/sec) is ok too. Coverted "Swiss" 2836 to GMT are bad.

Miyota 9015 is a bit noisy but a great movement.

The only ones I stay far from are the Swiss (those in the reps, not the new ones) and the Daytona 7750 modified 6 at 6 ones.

Robin195959

I've had nothing but problems with St19's (two from two at least anyway :blowup: )

Obviously got the wrong pubes in yours buddy :giggle:

epalanb
where do we buy 2813s for $25? I could use a couple to play around with...

Here you go:

http://www.allwatchparts.com/-Chinese-Automatic-DG2813-Mechanical-Movement_p_925.html

I bought 3 of them in the last month or so....

Daywatch

Wearing my asian movements in rotation for 3 and 4 years now 2813, 2824, 2836 and a couple A7750´s which I stopped buying because of the stories. No winding, no abuse, no problems. Love the IWC Portuguese Fa. Jones with the handwound movement (difficult to find) - or You could easily get a PAM (recommended).

DSC_6951iw_zpsslatwy1p.jpg

DSC_6952_zpsafxji74p.jpg