Sign in to follow this  
ShovelnTC

So you think your watch has a stutter!

ShovelnTC

So after having a stuffed movement when delivered I swapped out the old 2813 with a "New" one.

It now keeps great time BUT........................................................... :o

I spent a F'n hour trying to embed this thing but can't sort it so you'll need to hit the link.

Action doesn't get interesting until around 12 O'Clock.

Genius

So after having a stuffed movement when delivered I swapped out the old 2813 with a "New" one.

It now keeps great time BUT........................................................... :o

I spent a F'n hour trying to embed this thing but can't sort it so you'll need to hit the link.

Monkey_Business

... Is this real? Holy shit

dadog13

I have the same issue with my RM 035 Rafa Nadal - I found out about this issue only once I got the watch, did not read the multiple threads across the rep forums which were speaking about this issue.

ShovelnTC

Thanks mate, I have no idea how to do it even though I've done it before :giggle:

... Is this real? Holy shit

It's real mate, no trick photography here :o

Clinical Trial

Frank Mueller Crazy hours eat your heart out.

ShovelnTC

I have the same issue with my RM 035 Rafa Nadal - I found out about this issue only once I got the watch, did not read the multiple threads across the rep forums which were speaking about this issue.

Yep, no more 2813 or 8015 movements for me :angry:

Chiquita Fanjita

Yip, looks fucked up :lol:

ShovelnTC

Yip, looks fucked up :lol:

Was a cheapie to start with as it was a gift for my son and I didn't know if he'd be interested then bought a better version to replace it and then bought a new movement for tinkering "experience" so now I have a fairly good time keeping watch (the stutter doesn't affect accuracy) that I will NEVER use that cost me waaaaaay too much being that it is after all a cheapy so I guess it will be sold off as a repairer down the track.

It has reinforced my avoidance of the cheap lowbeats forever.

Dr Fun Socks

Is this a common problem with 2813 and 8015 movements then? Something to avoid for the future!

elp

Nice stop motion animation :)

ShovelnTC

Is this a common problem with 2813 and 8015 movements then? Something to avoid for the future!

Not common when compared with how many of these movements are sold but just google it and you'll find plenty of complaining.

Wish it was :(

Genius

It seems to only happen with a heavy second hand and the fact it is weighted at the end on this model doesn't seem to help

Not common when compared with how many of these movements are sold but just google it and you'll find plenty of complaining.

Wish it was :(

See if you can get a non lollipop second hand there's a reasonable chance it'll solve the issue.

Also for youtube just remove the "s" from https and it will embed

ShovelnTC

It seemed to be very lose even when fitting the second hand so I think it's more than the weight.

And thanks for the YT tip.

rusty peters

I had a Sinn U1 with a 2813. I couldn't wear it because the stutter filled my stomach with so much anger.

black263

It's the weight. Whichever way you hold the watch you should find it only happens when gravity is pulling the hand in the direction of travel. I believe it's all to do with backlash in the gears. On the way uphill, the backlash is taken up and the hand is being driven. On the way downhill, the sloppy gearing allows the hand to drop ahead of the gearing. In the background, the basic timekeeping is unaffected, so if you time it from halfway uphill all the way round to halfway uphill again, it takes the correct 60 seconds.

ShovelnTC

Yeah timekeeping is perfect, I have tried the watch at different angles and it does improve but not enough :giggle:

RepGuy

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but in my professional opinion, your watch has autism.