klt11

What watch to wear to a wedding?

greg_r

Calatrava for me. DJ close second place.

Kleen™

34-39mm

Slim

White dial/black leather

No complications

Bidle

I don't wear a watch to a wedding at all. If I would I would go for a dress watch a simple two hand watch. So no date and no seconds.

would it help to say that i am 22 i guess i dont have to follow the whole wedding etiquette of not wearing a watch, or do i?

No it doesn't help, I mean; your age doesn't matter.

If there is such a thing of age related to etiquette than I wonder what the proper age would be. It hink there isn't really one.

Still in the end it is about you. Just wear whatever you feel confident with and a watch that you'll enjoy for his nice occasion.

Cleebeauregard
A gentlemen's dress watch is the most elegant of watches. It has one purpose and that’s to tell time. It should not have complications. It needs to be simplistic. Elegant. And above all, minimalistic. It isn’t some gaudy watch that’s bejeweled with diamonds or a chronograph that is so big it looks like a clock. It is subtle, understated and charming.

The Calatrava is the PERFECT choice. On a dress watch, even having a DATE complication is going too far, and a second hand is optional. Think of it this way, in a situation where a celebration is taking place, or a formal dinner, being concerned with time is considered to be rude. Your timepiece should reflect that you acknowledge that you're at the event to celebrate, not to be on a schedule.

Very well said. There's no place for a sports watch with formal attire. A simple, time-only dress watch on a fine strap is the appropriate choice.

GT86
A gentlemen's dress watch is the most elegant of watches. It has one purpose and that’s to tell time. It should not have complications. It needs to be simplistic. Elegant. And above all, minimalistic. It isn’t some gaudy watch that’s bejeweled with diamonds or a chronograph that is so big it looks like a clock. It is subtle, understated and charming.

The Calatrava is the PERFECT choice. On a dress watch, even having a DATE complication is going too far, and a second hand is optional. Think of it this way, in a situation where a celebration is taking place, or a formal dinner, being concerned with time is considered to be rude. Your timepiece should reflect that you acknowledge that you're at the event to celebrate, not to be on a schedule.

Very well said. There's no place for a sports watch with formal attire. A simple, time-only dress watch on a fine strap is the appropriate choice.

.......Hmmmm really?

Screen%2BShot%2B2014-09-28%2Bat%2B9.28.30%2BAM.png

fd24205909f3b3d3ea042208a4045931.jpg

dzeimsas-bondas-roleksas-laikrodis.jpg

fG5rW8QKToO05rodxJFz_Caplan_post_Bond-Omega_sepia_ASPOT1050PX.jpg

BadPickle

Go commando.... one thing less to look for mext morning when you wake up in the bridesmaids bed :thumbsup:

GenTLe

I'd use this one:

vDt2T.jpg

Ok ok, joking... Seriously I'd put on this one (PP 5227):

3956d0235d536eee332b632d412569cb.jpg

KeNnY

I worn IWC FA Jones :)

33683473641_20fa7fbaaf_h.jpgIMG_20160723_084932

Kleen™

.......Hmmmm really?

Well, Bond is never really 'formal' is he, as he's always on some sort of a covert mission, that requires a a utilitarian tool watch first and a formal attire second. Thus, we let him get away with it...

Secondly, none of us are Bond, even though it is pretty fucking kewl to pretend from time to time.

Thirdly, he's a fictional character...(most) people are not...;)

Stick with the simple (reductionist even), understated formula for dress watches. It never flaunts.

GT86

.......Hmmmm really?

Well, Bond is never really 'formal' is he, as he's always on some sort of a covert mission, that requires a a utilitarian tool watch first and a formal attire second. Thus, we let him get away with it...

Secondly, none of us are Bond, even though it is pretty fucking kewl to pretend from time to time.

Thirdly, he's a fictional character...(most) people are not... ;)

Stick with the simple (reductionist even), understated formula for dress watches. It never flaunts.

speak for yourself mate ;)

....Now if you'll excuse me I have a secret mission to attend to....

James-Bond-Nerd--110441.jpg

Kleen™

.......Hmmmm really?

Thirdly, he's a fictional character...(most) people are not... ;)

speak for yourself mate ;)

....Now if you'll excuse me I have a secret mission to attend to....

James-Bond-Nerd--110441.jpg

You win...;)

klt11

thats a quality photo

GT86

thats a quality photo

Agreed! Looks like an assassins dressing room, pre kill :gunbandana:

MetalMickey

Calatrava for me. DJ close second place.

^ This, but the other way round for me.

TheTinMan

Go simple, thin, and understated. I would also suggest staying away from unnecessary complications, although an IWC Chrono would not look out of place in my opinion, that may be the only chrono that would work.

Definitely leather, no bracelets. I was recently looking at a suit at the Hugo Boss store and the woman there had some interesting insights. I noticed the crocodile shoes on display and mentioned they would match a watch strap I own. She claimed those shoes would never work in a formal setting and that shoes should be patent leather for weddings and the watch strap should match. I personally would not go with patent leather, but plain leather shoes, matching belt, and matching strap is best.

As far as Bond wearing a sports watch - come on, he's licensed to kill; above the law. He does not adhere to regular rules, so he can wear whatever the fuck he likes. I don't question it.

k2efy

something with a white dial and leather strap

Nhrob

Seiko SARB065... it's gen, not expensive, gorgeous dial and you'll be very glad to have it in your collection...

It can be had for $330 USD, if you search around for it... selected this ad because i like the photos...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-SEIKO-MECHANICAL-Mens-Analog-Watch-SARB065-/252810424929?hash=item3adcacf261:g:EfMAAOSwUV9WmlkP

I just got one, and I absolutely love it.

preppyr6

Im a big fan of simple and understated for formal events...Id opt for a white faced De Ville or Cellini myself.

deju

I did similar end of last year I went with gold cufflinks and gold rolex.

wowsasb

Seiko SARB065... it's gen, not expensive, gorgeous dial and you'll be very glad to have it in your collection...

It can be had for $330 USD, if you search around for it... selected this ad because i like the photos...

http://www.ebay.com/...fMAAOSwUV9WmlkP

I just got one, and I absolutely love it.

The seiko cocktail is a really classy watch...excellent dressy gen if youre on a budget

mike_morgan

.......Hmmmm really?

REALLY... the entire point of James Bond wearing a dive/sport watch in a Tuxedo is the Irony of it! In the world of watch etiquette James Bond will ALWAYS be the exception to the rule.

myaz

The wedding's about your cousin. No matter what you wear, how you wear it is what matters.

preppyr6

The wedding's about your cousin. No matter what you wear, how you wear it is what matters.

This is true, my best friend is getting married for the 2nd time July 4th weekend (3rd planned wedding, 2nd actual if it indeed happens). Since he's occupying my July 4th plans, Im sporting my star spangled banner spandex workout pants in lieu of suit pants (may still rock the suit jacket though)...now to pair a watch.

Thelittleprince
34-39mm

Slim

White dial/black leather

No complications

THIS!!!!!! ALL YOU NEED!

Thelittleprince

Or this :P one complication wont hurt to keep you entertained if you get bored :lol:

tmp_2628-20170324_1156031069649396_zpsn5axff8l.jpg