Sign in to follow this  
wilko1

Tc submariner V7 EXTREME

wilko1

After months of deliberation on what seller I should spend my hard earned money on for a Sub I finally decided on the Tc submariner V7 EXTREME I was truly hoping this review would be to Shout Out how great my Purchase was! Sadly it will not be.

After unpacking the watch my initial response was “yea this is a decent Sub that feeling disappeared rather rapidly.

On closer inspection of the case I noticed two problems the first was light scratch and spot marks on a case that should be Highly polished the Second was a ripple on the case at the 5 O’clock mark this would be caused by bad Buffing in the final process causing the metal to heat up and move causing a ripple.

Raising my concerns I was disappointed with the response from the seller his comment justifying the scratches was “I'd probably not worry about it reason being a gen unit this model should be at least 10-15 years old by now. If I see a brand spanking new 16610 my first thought is often hm....interesting. No matter how careful you are with a watch after a few years wearing it is bound to have scratches here and there.”

Although hes statement is correct I felt at this price point it is I that should be putting the marks on the watch, not have them provided for me! But the ripple issue is not acceptable and this is simply poor workmanship and quality control!

The third issue was the bezel I opted for the EXTREME in relation to the comments the seller himself admitted on the V6 Bezel simply the EXTREMA Bezel was not worth the extra money it attracted. finding it not smooth to operate and often sticks.

All these issues could be fixed but the most disappointing thing I found was the attitude of the seller! He requested the watch be sent back to him and he would “Fix this” but to save both myself and the seller the hassle I offered to on sell the watch to a friend at a reduced price who could live with the watch issues.

Since that time I have not received a reply to any of my e-mails. All forgiven I wanted to purchase another V7 Extreme after on selling the one I had. It simply appears this seller cannot except criticism of his work, agreed the seller has the right to pick & chose who he sells too, at all times I was polite and courteous, a seller’s ego should be taken out of the equation when doing business and learn to take genuine issues as a tool to make a better product.

With this sellers attitude I suggest new buyers should take this into account when considering a purchase.

Ieyasu1

Sorry to hear that. Tc subs are probably way out of my budget but I appreciate the feedback. To be fair to the seller he did offer to make it right, however in my opinion it would have been tremendously better if there were no issues in the first place, but alas such things do happen from time to time. I hope the maker would use your feedback to further improve his already popular and well regarded works.

panerai love

Since your new here, i would suggest that you read TC's blog very well before you post your comment or reaction regarding his work. i understand your feeling about not getting what you expected but you have to know that TC is not an ordinary Trusted dealer like the others. he doesn't do this for money but does this for a hobby and obsession of making the best REP sub. So, don't complain if he doesn't reply to your e-mails because you complained a lot about scratches on your watch and he probably got annoyed. Remember, he doesn't make any money out of making TC Subs. If you can't appreciate his work then he has the right not to reply to you, There is no such thing as 1:1 rep. if you complain about small details then you should probably just get a gen cause there is no perfect rep.

fatarms

Since your new here, i would suggest that you read TC's blog very well before you post your comment or reaction regarding his work.

TC's blog has been gone for months.

wilko1

panerai Love

Thank You for your Input if you noticed I mentioned I spent months of deliberation before making my purchase that included reading blogs on this and other forums, reviews etc. I don’t spend money on a knee jerk reaction or an impulse buy. I investigate, I question, I compare before I make an educated purchase as I said all the issues I raised where fixable but I cannot fix the attitude of a seller that reacts in that way. he may well have been offended that I pointed out legitimate issues, his obsession as he proclaims is to make the best REP sub then issues I raised should be taken with appreciation not rejection

Sealdoggy
panerai Love

Thank You for your Input if you noticed I mentioned I spent months of deliberation before making my purchase that included reading blogs on this and other forums, reviews etc. I don’t spend money on a knee jerk reaction or an impulse buy. I investigate, I question, I compare before I make an educated purchase as I said all the issues I raised where fixable but I cannot fix the attitude of a seller that reacts in that way. he may well have been offended that I pointed out legitimate issues, his obsession as he proclaims is to make the best REP sub then issues I raised should be taken with appreciation not rejection

Agree

Left Coast Guy

Sorry friend, but it seems like your expectations going into this were out of line with reality. Maybe you could post pictures detailing your issue, but with your explanation, the situation screams like that of a buyer who's much too picky and doesn't understand what they're getting. If we're getting that just from your description, imagine how TC would paint his side of the story....

BigBuys

This does not sound like the TC that I have done business with and have found him to be obsessed with perfection. I can not imagine that he would EVER let a defect like that to be shipped and then not fall on his sword when made aware of the problem. Admittedly it has been a while since I dealt with him, but I have never seen anyone as obsessed with delivering a replica that is as good as he can make it.

RUSH2112

I don't see an issue with not wanting a watch that is scratched especially at these prices. I do think it's best to talk to mods privately about issues before a thread though.

Daywatch

Did You buy this new or on M2M?

Pictures needed to support and better understand the issue.

wilko1

Big Buys

I totally agree with you, I to was surprised far more with the reception I received than the issues I raised

One of the reasons I went with TC was because of his one obsession with perfection

Halim

Its a long way to the shop if you wanna a sausage roll

Edited by Halim

wilko1

RUSH2112

This is a Forum and I am simply recounting my experience, I do not see what a moderator has to do with my post? Would I discuss a post with a moderator prior to posting, if it was a positive one?

Scratches are part and parcel of wearing a watch I simply pointed out at this price point I would rather provide the scratches myself than have them provided for me

Rolex_Man

OP, mistakes happen from rep dealers as does it from a genuine authorized dealer selling gen Rolexes. I read today on another forum where he just bought his wife a new 2017 gen Rolex watch, & within 2 months, its been losing 2.5 hours a day, lol.....can you believe that?

He took the watch back to the dealer/store he bought it at, & they wouldn't give him a new watch, they offered to send it to Rolex to fix....bottom line, rep or gen, frustrating issues pop up, & we just have to deal with them, I know it can be frustrating as a buyer.

Now that TC isn't building anymore watches because of family issues he has to concentrate on, will the market of TC watches increase in price in the M2M for sale thread.

wilko1

Rolex_Man

i Read the same post LOL now that would make you @##%

I did not know TC was experiencing Family issues?

Maybe it was about that time I received the watch? In times like this Priories need to be made!

2470f2.8ii

Damn I didn't know TC wasn't turning a profit. I think that's a common misconception. I get OP's frustration; he decided to buy the very expensive replica sub for it's quality.

When I was looking for my sub, I started down the TC path. I didn't like the vibe, so I got a noob v7 lv. That watch is super quality. OP, JF just made a kermit; it might be your cup of tea.

Also, posting photos would do way more justice than the write up. Snap some; upload to photobucket then paste the image link into your reply

wilko1

3470f2.8ii

Clearly your Vibe radar is more finely tuned than mine!

I will take the time to post some pic’s as has been requested

Dr_Rolex

Buy another One from any other TD you will quickly notice more than just a scratch...TC doesn't own a factory or hundreds of employees mass producing a rep. My first LV had to be from TC and I was blown away as to how accurate his model is compared to others. Although it is highly possible that the man simply made a mistake it's bound to happen. I sometimes imagine the stress this man must go through trying to keep up with hundreds of orders. BUT remember bud this is the rep game REP so we should not go about buying and expecting FedEx to drop off a Gen. the watch not matter how flawed or how near perfect is still at a fraction of the cost.

When I bought my first 16613 way back it had the worst dial on the planet it's was embarrassing bad BUT it was a rep I kept it and wore it with a smile. It was close to what I wanted at no where near the $8k price tag back then. You do have the right to bring up issues in a sale. It just remember that sometimes the TD's are under a lot of stress. It's not like we can just contact the BBB lol

Don't let this one bad experience spoil your hobby, think positive and there's plenty of other TD's to try :)