Sign in to follow this  
tagr

Decisions, Decisions - Panerai

tagr

I'm fairly new to replicas and own a Mont Blanc Sport from a few years ago. I'm looking at the Panerai and can't decide which one I want, but I have it narrowed down to these 3 (I think...)

I'd appreciate you opinions and/or feedback on these if anyone has them, etc.

PAM441 Ceramica: http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=16260

PAM1359: http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=15280

PAM088: http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=11084

rusty peters

I like the top two. I am a sucker for a black watch with a brown strap so the ceramic model gets my vote. The third one does nothing for me.

preppyr6

441 all the way! Id also recommend the 386 or 505.

preppyr6

Also there's plenty of reviews on the new 441 from VSF. There should be some here, otherwise wait for RWI to pop back up and search on that forum. I cant speak to the 1359 or 088, but the ceramic casing on the 441 from VSF is very well done. They have a new 386 out as well with a composite case that looks to be on the same level of quality as the 441.

tagr

Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me what the difference is between the 386 and the 441?

I'm new so they look the same to me. lol.

Also there's plenty of reviews on the new 441 from VSF. There should be some here, otherwise wait for RWI to pop back up and search on that forum. I cant speak to the 1359 or 088, but the ceramic casing on the 441 from VSF is very well done. They have a new 386 out as well with a composite case that looks to be on the same level of quality as the 441.

preppyr6

Sure thing!

441: Ceramic case, GMT dial, numbers at every hour (1-12)

386: Composite DLC case (diamond like coating). Its not a black case like the 441, its more of very very dark black/gray, almost black. Instead of a black dial, its tobacco colored (again, very dark brown). Its not GMT, and instead of numbers 1-12 its 3,6,9,12 with stick marks for the remaining numbers. Thats an "explanation for dummys" but Im not a PAM expert like some of the other members.

Honestly, they both sport good, solid automatic decorated movements and have the same display caseback. They both have very good quality finishes. From what I think I know, the 441 was actually released to the public whereas Panerai announced but never formally released the 386 several years ago. The asso leather strap should be the same on both, and from what I read in reviews for the VSF 441, its a solid quality asso rep.

For what its worth, I have a 386 that Im about to sell so I can try out the 441 for no other reason than its different from the 386. Both will get you lots of compliments.

Edited by preppyr6

tagr

Thanks for the details.

Do you know where to get a black deployment clasp for it? Do they even make a panoramic one in black?

GenTLe

Thanks for the details.

Do you know where to get a black deployment clasp for it? Do they even make a panoramic one in black?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-Silver-Double-Push-Button-Butterfly-Deployment-Watch-Bands-Clasp-Buckle/32512544320.html

Ask her if she has the one with logo

preppyr6

If you want the metal bracelet in ceramic then go for the PAM 438. Its the 441 with bracelet instead of leather asso strap

SLTIEUVE

PAM 441 all the way

mysterio

All are good choices. The PAM088, although no one has recommended it thus far, is a super rep, although the first two are very well made (I can vouch for the 441, the 386 seems to be in the same league but no personal experience with it). It depends on what you prefer.

If you like a ceramic bracelet, consider the PAM438, although the factory hasn't come out yet with a corrected P.9000 movement (probably because they need to PVD the plates first).

Skyracer01

Does the GMT function actually work on the VSF 441?

GenTLe

Look the video at the link. Minute 3:28

mysterio

It works just not like the gen. The gen 441 is a 12 hour GMT, reps are 24 hour ones. There are gens which have 24 hr GMTs like the PAM297 or the PAM531 so their reps have exactly the same timekeeping functions as the gen.

tagr

After looking around a little more I landed on the PAM 359. I really like the dirty dial and the polished case. Thanks for everyone's input.

serious

Too late, I guess but another vote for the 441 - recently landed one and it is the dogs danglies.