WatchLove91

Rolex Submariner v7 BK watch garage worth?

WatchLove91

As advised, I've done copious amounts of "research" through this forum and have come to the decision to buy my first dream watch as a replica until I can buy the real deal later in life.

I'm on a fairly tight budget and my question is whether BK watch garage's mods are worth the extra $300+ on top of the regular noob V7 from other authorized dealers here? Are noob V7's with the asian movement really as good as a lot of the people here say it is? Marvel sells his for $300, but BK is 675$ and shipping. He definitely looks like the real deal but the huge price difference makes me think that the regular V7 noob factory models are much more flawed than I thought.

Thank you for your help.

bobandshawn

They are not the same. BK implants a gen swiss ETA. As for the rest...it's up to you. You may get an outstanding sample from Marv. Like anything in this game - it's what you can live with!?!?

BabaNJ

I am no way expert but imo it's all on you how much you want to spend or how much you willing to correct somethings if you are ocd. We spend more money mostly to satisfy ourself then others and i may get some flak from die hard high end rep fans but these reps are going up so much that it almost makes sense to buy certain other brands gens at the same price. But i hope an expert who handed both may provide you better idea if money is no issue for you.

Edited by Jaysembhi

WatchLove91

They are not the same. BK implants a gen swiss ETA. As for the rest...it's up to you. You may get an outstanding sample from Marv. Like anything in this game - it's what you can live with!?!?

Thank you! He puts in a new swiss movement?? does that mean that it's more likely to last a much longer time?

WatchLove91

I am no way expert but imo it's all on you how much you want to spend or how much you willing to correct somethings if you are ocd. We spend more money mostly to satisfy ourself then others and i may get some flak from die hard high end rep fans but these reps are going up so much that it almost makes sense to buy certain other brands gens at the same price. But i hope an expert who handed both may provide you better idea if money is no issue for you.

Money is an issue but I want as close to the real thing if I'm gonna get it anyway XD. a lot of my peers have the real thing and I'd just rather not have something obvious like the pearl being displaced off to the side or something ><

NCRich

Thank you! He puts in a new swiss movement?? does that mean that it's more likely to last a much longer time?

No it means you pay a lot more. If you drop it then you will still break it. Get an eta clone version from Marvellous Replica for $300 and be done with it. If you are like everyone else you'll sell it in a few months.

WatchLove91

No it means you pay a lot more. If you drop it then you will still break it. Get an eta clone version from Marvellous Replica for $300 and be done with it. If you are like everyone else you'll sell it in a few months.

Just to clarify your point, do you suggest I should get the marvellous replica and I wouldn't be able to tell the aesthetic difference? and why do most people sell it in a few months?? This is personally my all time favorite watch and I imagine I'll just keep it as long as it's alive haha. Thank you for your response in helping the replica scrub I am.

BabaNJ

If i would be around people who wear gens i would be very conscious of my rep choice also cause some people can be a$$holes and get pleasure in calling you out :(.

What he means that wearing same watch can get boring so be ready to spend a lot of money in foreseeable future :).

Spankster23

Idk but I like the hell out of my BK DSSD.

004CF8B6-D810-4E3E-983B-4EC6E47DB2B6_zpscjhxpge3.jpg

Rolex_Man

Are you looking just for 1 watch that's your all time favorite like you stated & you will be happy with that watch for a long time?

I'm the same as you, I stick to one watch & wear it for a long time. Others on here wear different watches like I change socks every day, they have a different watch on their wrist.

Most guys on here go crazy with a variety of watches, me personally, I never understood that, but to.each his own.....I guess its more of a hobby for them, hence the variety.

If the sub if your favorite watch as you stated & this will satisfy your watch fantasy perse, then spend the extra money & buy a BK....& IMO, since you have friends that own gen sub's, I would have BK install a gen crystal, gen insert, & gen crown.

Depending on how much you're able to spend of course, I know you're on a tight budget.

When I bought my TC v4, I had installed a gen insert & that's it.....I use to play poker with guys wearing 18kt gold Rolex sub's, guys wearing Breitlings, etc.....even my cousin that owns 3 different Rolex watches use to tell me nice watch....only thing I never did was ever take it off my wrist to let someone hold it, because a Rolex expert could tell once in their hands IMO.

Rolex_Man
Idk but I like the hell out of my BK DSSD.

004CF8B6-D810-4E3E-983B-4EC6E47DB2B6_zpscjhxpge3.jpg

I wish I could wear a DSSD, too big for me. Biggest I've worn is the gen ceramic GMT 2.

Spankster23

It's hefty alright but you do get used to it. I'm a PAM guy and this is the only Rolex I'll wear.

BK for me was a great starting point to get a good watch... with a Swiss movement, and any obvious flaws it may or may not have had from the factory, were taken care of by BK.

WatchLove91

Are you looking just for 1 watch that's your all time favorite like you stated & you will be happy with that watch for a long time?

I'm the same as you, I stick to one watch & wear it for a long time. Others on here wear different watches like I change socks every day, they have a different watch on their wrist.

Most guys on here go crazy with a variety of watches, me personally, I never understood that, but to.each his own.....I guess its more of a hobby for them, hence the variety.

If the sub if your favorite watch as you stated & this will satisfy your watch fantasy perse, then spend the extra money & buy a BK....& IMO, since you have friends that own gen sub's, I would have BK install a gen crystal, gen insert, & gen crown.

Depending on how much you're able to spend of course, I know you're on a tight budget.

When I bought my TC v4, I had installed a gen insert & that's it.....I use to play poker with guys wearing 18kt gold Rolex sub's, guys wearing Breitlings, etc.....even my cousin that owns 3 different Rolex watches use to tell me nice watch....only thing I never did was ever take it off my wrist to let someone hold it, because a Rolex expert could tell once in their hands IMO.

Thanks man. totally hit it on the money haha. wanted this watch for a good 15 years now since I was a kid but still in school and I'll be buying the real thing when I get out after a few years of making money. Really hard to decide cuz yes this is the ONLY watch I'll be wearing haha (not swapping between watches), but not really in the position to drop 700$ on a replica T_T, but want it to pass off as real to people so super scared $300 might be obivous. My peers are thankfully not jerkoffs who try to check if shit is real or not. they assume everything is real cuz theyre pretty loaded.

also, if you don't mind me asking, how long did your rolex from BK last you?

Edited by WatchLove91

Rolex_Man

My watch was purchased from TC, he stopped building & selling sub watches for now, I believe its a family issue. TC specialized in the submariner, & he built one heck of a beautiful watch, no other trusted dealers sub could compare & BK's are pretty nice as well, although I've never owned a BK watch.

I sold my TC sub several years ago after buying a gen GMT 2. I wished I would have kept it because its was a nice built watch, & it holds its value.

If you're lucky, a TC watch will come up for sale in M2M thread, but they are so high in demand, they sell very fast.....& now that TC is taking a break, good luck finding one.

You can either purchase Noob 7, or BK, & if you have some extra money, have BK fix it up. Or you can wait until you save up to purchase a preowned gen sub.

JardelBittencourt

I would like a 44mm yatchmaster II from BK. Could you tell me how to find them?

I am not finding any website where I can see the models available. 

Thank you

RepGuy
1 hour ago, JardelBittencourt said:

Thank you

Read the New Member posts 

Glaude
2 hours ago, JardelBittencourt said:

Thank you

As RepGuy said, and then you can send BK a message to see what he can do for you ;) 

John45

I have a BK v7 Hulk which I purchased after reading as much as I could on the forum.  I'm very happy with the watch and plan on keeping it a long time.  I'm the kind of person that would be bothered by seeing an obvious flaw every time I looked at a watch, car, camera etc.  If my car has a dent, it has to be fixed and if my watch had an obvious flaw , I'd have to get rid of it.  Buying from BK assured me that I'm not going to run into that situation.

Additionally, having a new and genuine Swiss ETA 2836 movement means that most any watch shop can service the movement when the time comes, no need to have to look for a place that will work on Chinese clones.