Sign in to follow this  
dallasdude77

Which Panerai P9000 clone do you suggest?

dallasdude77

RWI refugee here, so please be nice if this question makes me sound stoopid ha!

I spent my first 9 months at this hobby sticking to budget reps, but after investing in some better quality reps lately, I've discovered you get what you pay for...thus, my question. I've finally decided to replace my budget bronzo with a much better quality version, but damn, there are so many to choose from! I've narrowed it down to 2: the ZF V4 1:1, and the VSF super clone. My knowledge of movements is limited but I am familiar with the 7750 movement in the ZF version. The VSF claims a custom designed Asian automatic movement which I know nothing about and can't find any resources on the subject. I know the 7750 is prone to issues, but is generally ok on a non chrono watch. Can anyone chime in on this custom designed Asian auto movement? I want the best option, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $$$ for the custom Asian movement.

Here are the specs of the 2 straight from the TDs website:

ZF V4:

Base Movement: Asian 7750 automatic movement at 28800vph; ZF New Decoration: Platinum plated movement plate and rotor which are made according to the genuine movement, the direction of words is same as genuine, this is ZF unique decoration. a.k.a "ZP9000"

VSF:

Custom designed Asian automatic movement to match the genuine Panerai P.9000 movement at 28800vph, same balance wheel position as genuine P.9000 movement.

Thanks in advance!

preppyr6

I do like VSFs new releases...they all seem to be high quality reps. That said, the prices are a bit high compared to some of the ZF models.

At the end of the day, you cant go wrong with either. VSF seems to be setting new bars for PAM quality. But if this is just another addition to a large watchbox then you cant really go wrong with ZF. Im checking out VSF on my next order, but Im already happy with even my "budget" PAMs because the quality is spot on.

dallasdude77

I do like VSFs new releases...they all seem to be high quality reps. That said, the prices are a bit high compared to some of the ZF models.

At the end of the day, you cant go wrong with either. VSF seems to be setting new bars for PAM quality. But if this is just another addition to a large watchbox then you cant really go wrong with ZF. Im checking out VSF on my next order, but Im already happy with even my "budget" PAMs because the quality is spot on.

Thanks for the input. I have 2 budget pams that I LOVE...both costing me right around $200, but after receiving my ZF 351, I knew I had to replace my beloved budget bronzo with a higher quality version. I've researched the heck out of the seagull and 7750 movements which are most common in the better pam reps, but I couldn't find any feedback about this VSF custom Asian auto movement. They definitely seem to be setting the bar for new pam reps...they look AWESOME!!! I was just wondering how reliable the movement is and if anyone had any experience with it. There's only a $30 price difference, but with shipping, that puts me closer to $500 than $400 and that's a heckuvalot of $$$ for a rep imho. If the movement is solid, I guess it's worth it, since I absolutely LOVE the watch. Guess I better get to selling some of my watchbox queens haha

Nikosaldente

Hi!

Built up your post count or become a VIP/Supporter so you can get access to M2M and sale those watchbox Queens here!

Cheers!

dallasdude77

Hi!

Built up your post count or become a VIP/Supporter so you can get access to M2M and sale those watchbox Queens here!

Cheers!

Working on my post count, but I don't want to come across as a postwhore just to be able to sale some watches. If RWI stays down much longer, I will definitely consider becoming VIP and making this my new home!

tonyh7

Custom designed movements in Panerais are probably impossible to repair or replace, and good luck finding anyone to service them. It's a rep, and providing the movement looks ok, no one but you will care if the position of the balance wheel is wrong or not. In fact 99% of people don't even recognise Panerai as a luxury brand, though many will say nice watch when the see a bronzo.

BFGino
Custom designed movements in Panerais are probably impossible to repair or replace, and good luck finding anyone to service them. It's a rep, and providing the movement looks ok, no one but you will care if the position of the balance wheel is wrong or not. In fact 99% of people don't even recognise Panerai as a luxury brand, though many will say nice watch when the see a bronzo.

What you say is true, indeed I often think to myself "what the heck, nobody cares but you!"...and still...

I think when someone has this "watch-addiction-disease" (I certainly have) then we crave for "perfection" - just for ourselves.

I have a very nice "fiddy", it was my first Rep and I like it much (runs very well), but...there is a better version now (or multiple) as it was a 2011/12 buy.

When I wear it, nobody notices the engravings, or if it has the 0117 Number, but still...

GenTLe

To this add that the current 7750s aren't fragile like the first versions. They just need to be cared like any other mechanical watch... I'm plenty of them and the only trouble I had with them were caused by misuse (i.e. when I forgot to take it out while chopping wood...) or human error (like when I got one with a broken tooth due to mess up with date change).

And I'm speaking about sec@9 chrono, not just the panerai simplified ones.

mysterio

It depends on what you are after. If it's reliability, the A7750 is a known quantity in terms of reliability, the new movement by VSF is not. If it's accuracy in terms of aesthetics, the VSF is the bees knees, but remember that the only improvement VSF has over ZF in this department generally cannot be seen as the watch is on your wrist most of the time.

dallasdude77

Thanks for the input, everyone. I think you may have saved me $100! Looks wise, these are both awesome so I guess I'll stick with the 7750 until there is more solid feedback on the VSF movement. I've just always been that guy who wants the best of everything, so I thought i'd ask the forum to chime in. You guys are awesome!