Sign in to follow this  
lapinobel

BK Submariner > Rolex logo on bracelet issue

lapinobel

Hey guys,

I just bought a Rolex Submariner v7 from a fellow member, which has been modified by BK. So this is supposed to be a very high quality rep (I paid quite a bit for it too). It looks very good to me, but one thing stood out for me and that's the Rolex logo on the inside of the clasp. The logo itself seems fine (although a bit faint) but what surprised me was that I can clearly see marks of the logo being 'imprinted' on the other opposing 'bar' of the clasp. Is this normal for a BK Submariner? And can I get this looking a bit better? I know it's a very small detail but that's why we buy high-end reps right?

wezD08E.jpg

cKD9V2I.jpg

Some more pics :

TmyFZgu.jpg

NHMs45d.jpg

hAvzsTK.jpg

wgKbgo3.jpg

8o4Apkd.jpg

Helmut Wong

Gotta be honest the no-date sub i bought off the shelf from Toro looks better than this

NCRich

It just rubbed up against the other side. Cape cod it off.

lrnz

I don't know if it is possible, but be careful not to erase the other engravings, i' d recommend you put some tape on it but also be aware that by doing so there will be a line where you can see it is shinier than the others. Or just be very gentle.

k3rm87

Never had a Rolex bracelet clasp that did this... strange

Haltec

that looks like you held over the watch to your girlfriend to keep.

you just shouldn't do such things with watches.. AT SANDED BEACHES!!!!!

Haltec

just kidding - just polish it off..

I understand your frustration if that's how you got the watch.

edit:

Sorry - didn't pay much of attention. thats logo engraving from the other side.. it looks that some alligment is not right..

Maybe you should take that to the some rep friendy watchsmith to sort out.

It's simple but some force needs to be applied. And with force some "injuries" are prone to happen if you are unexpirienced.

No big deal, but..

Edited by Haltec

lapinobel

Thanks. I have sent a pm to BK to see if he can help with this. I bought this 2nd hand from another member who states the watch is only 1 month old. I suppose BK will see what he can do, just surprised me as a BK sub is supposed to be checked and double checked that the clasp looks a bit cheapish. I have no reason to suspect the seller ripped me off.

Helmut Wong

Thanks. I have sent a pm to BK to see if he can help with this. I bought this 2nd hand from another member who states the watch is only 1 month old. I suppose BK will see what he can do, just surprised me as a BK sub is supposed to be checked and double checked that the clasp looks a bit cheapish. I have no reason to suspect the seller ripped me off.

Don't want to stir and im sure the member you bought it from is a good guy, but How do you know it originated from BK? Any proof?

i just cant imagine BK missing something like that. the guy is a perfectionist. The whole point of buying from BK is apart from the mods he does, the quality control is a step up from usual TD's. it might be helpful if the guy u purchased from posted in the thread. Why dont you contact him and point him to this thread so we can hear his take on things

Edited by Helmut Wong

lapinobel

I sent the seller a link to this thread. I am not going to post who he is out of respect but I will let him comment on this himself. He did show me a wire transfer proof to BK which is supposed to be for this watch. I have also asked BK to confirm if this watch has been serviced by him but got no reply. There are two options: either I got scammed and got sent a non-bk watch even though I paid a lot for it, or the seller did sell me a BK watch which somehow has a small issue which Bk will hopefully fix or help me get fixed. I would be very upset to find out I got a non-BK watch but have to say the seller was very forthcoming and open in communication so I have really little reason to distrust this person.

PBTMN

Hi guys, I'm the seller.

It's easy, just ask BK. I have known for another member that now BK is having personal issues and can't replay but he will be back in a few days. Anyway, if someone is interested I have all the emails, and as the buyer said, the bill of WU which I think is the better proof.

Also, the watch comes with a swiss ETA (I invite you to open the watch) and clark crystal. You can check it because this crystal doesn't have the LEC. So guys, the cost to get a Noob V7, add the swiss movement and the crystal is virtually what the buyer paid for. As you can see, to scam in this occasion it wouldn't be very profitable.

To be honest, I hadn't seen the marks but as someone said with a bit of Capedcod should disappear. The question remains whether it is a BK or not, but as I said, with an swiss ETA and a clark crystal I can't see the trick.

For the user who says that the Toro version is better, as for the high quality of the replicas of BK, what BK does is buy the V7 noob, the same that sells Toro by the way, and apply its mods, so the quality, at least in the pieces from the outside, are the same. So please do not talk silly stuff.

trapz41

Aside from that, how have you liked the BK sub?

lapinobel

I like it a lot. PBTMN had provided me detailed pictures which looked great but it is way better looking irl. I love it immensely. I am a perfectionist though and that is why the clasp stood out to me. It is a very minor detail so I am not losing sleep over it. Just would be nicer if I can get the small imprint off the clasp. I will try to polish it polish it out although I am not sure how to do this. I want to stress again that I do not blame the seller nor do I want to suggest he sold me a 'bad' reploca. Far from it, he quickly replied and I can understand he might have missed the marks.

Helmut Wong

To the seller.

If you read all my posts ITT you will see that I am well aware of what a BK watch is which is why I am very surprised at this situation.

As you rightly say , BKs watch is an improved, modified v7 which is what Toro sells. I also stand by my earlier comment that the off the shelf sub I recently purchased from Toro looks better than the watch in the pictures so this situation is pretty strange to say the least.

Personally I find it odd that BK who is a man obsessed with quality and who has built a well deserved rep based on a fastidious

Attention to detail would allow this. I also find it odd that you as a buyer would miss this given that people who buy BK watches generally are quite concerned about small details. I suppose it's possible:

Personally I think it's unreasonable to expect BK to deal with this given u have sold it. If he is willing to then all good buy personally I feel the person you sold it to is well within his rights to expect a refund from you . He can then put this cash towards a bk sub or even an off the shelf which in my case looks better than the one you sold

lapinobel

Helmut, apart from the clasp, where do you find this BK watch is subpar compared to an off-the shelf sub v7 ? This is the first Rolex I bought, and since I was offered this as a "BK located in UK" I figured I would get a very very high end rep without the hassle to wait for BK, especially since PBTMN stated it was only 1 month old and rarely used. It does indeed look pretty new to me. Since I'm not really experienced with the differences I would expect from a BK watch, I don't know what to make of these remarks. It does look pretty good to me, but I paid 600 euro for it. Which is cheaper than what I would pay from BK but more expensive than what Toro would charge me. Almost regret having posted about this, since I now have a less good feeling about the watch, even though I like it a lot. But I paid top quality, so that's what I expect. That being said, from what I've read and collected about this, there is a more expensive crytal fitted (Clark ?), it should have a swiss movement for relibality (did not open it yet) and everything seems well aligned to me. By the way, could it be that the Rolex logo has been 'imprinted' a bit on the other side of the clasp during shipping?

Pic I took this morning :

ZwDVOYj.jpg

Helmut Wong

Its just an overall impression to be honest. If i was to pick things out the SEL fitment looks better on mine and the lettering on the bezel is nicer under magnification. There is obviously the clasp lettering which is a glaring fault. Aside from that its just an overall sense that it doesn't look as nice as mine. I feel the salient point is that a BK Sub SHOULD look better than mine.

My view is that you should get a refund from the seller the for the sake of ease and fairness all round. Fairness to you and perhaps more importantly BK who's good name and well earned rep are being unfairly brought into question. Something just doesn't sit right with me. As i said, the idea that both BK and the buyer ( who i imagine is also very concerned with details given that he went the extra mile and purchased a more expensive upgraded sub ) missed the obvious fault seems strange. I guess stranger things have happened, but.......

I think this will be my last post in this thread because i don't want to cause any upset, but i hope you get it resolved.

Edited by Helmut Wong

MetalMickey

This thread is beginning to feel a bit 'shit stirry'. Maybe buyer and seller need took to discuss in private.

As for BK subs. I personally think the current Noobs are quite good enough without BK mods, but his work is well regarded and he does install genuine Swiss movements which adds value.

lapinobel

How does the swiss movement look? I can open the case and check that.

Walesy

BK has some detailed pic's mate in his section, maybe worth referring to them if doing so,.

Genius

I wouldn't bother. Helmet is talking shit "glaring fault" my arse!

One of the parts that makes up the clasp has got slightly out of alignment or even a little bent (actually bending that part yourself was the official advice given by Rolex on the old fliplock clasps) and honestly that part is completely hidden when the clasp is shut.

With bk you only really pay for datewheel alignment and bezel alignment and ar removal or crystal replacement at extra cost + Swiss movement.

He doesn't fuck with the clasps or sel gaps or bracelet finish, or bezel engraving, platinum paint, or fluffy fucking dice!

Check the bk section is list of mods are specific and this looks like it has had them

Foxindebox
This thread is beginning to feel a bit 'shit stirry'. Maybe buyer and seller need took to discuss in private.

As for BK subs. I personally think the current Noobs are quite good enough without BK mods, but his work is well regarded and he does install genuine Swiss movements which adds value.

Agreed... the seller has offered to share emails with BK with the buyer. As MM said, let them sort it out between themselves.

Unfortunately OP, we all enjoy a little bit of shit-stirring... but without seeing the movement, everything being said is speculation. Just enjoy your watch :)

Helmut Wong

One of the parts that makes up the clasp has got slightly out of alignment or even a little bent (actually bending that part yourself was the official advice given by Rolex on the old fliplock clasps) and honestly that part is completely hidden when the clasp is shut.

With bk you only really pay for datewheel alignment and bezel alignment and ar removal or crystal replacement at extra cost + Swiss movement.

He doesn't fuck with the clasps or sel gaps or bracelet finish, or bezel engraving, platinum paint, or fluffy fucking dice!

Check the bk section is list of mods are specific and this looks like it has had them

Why all the foam? Be polite!!

So if you received QC pics from a dealer ( yes i am aware this was a private purchase and not from a TD ) and saw that, then you would accept it? I guess we all have different standards.

Clearly its an issue for the thread starter and I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have made the purchase had he seen the fault.

Edited by Helmut Wong

Genius

So if you received QC pics from a dealer ( yes i am aware this was a private purchase and not from a TD ) and saw that, then you would accept it? I guess we all have different standards.

Clearly its an issue for the thread starter and I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have made the purchase had he seen the fault.

Just don't see why you feel the need to shit on his watch. It's a properly minor issue then you start going on about SEL and mines better than your bullshit, dick move if you ask me. If you know so much about BK you would know what his mods are.

You also insinuated (though stopped short of actually saying) that op was scammed and the seller was a scammer. With no evidence at all

Helmut Wong

Just don't see why you feel the need to shit on his watch. It's a properly minor issue then you start going on about SEL and mines better than your bullshit, dick move if you ask me. If you know so much about BK you would know what his mods are.

You also insinuated (though stopped short of actually saying) that op was scammed and the seller was a scammer. With no evidence at all

As i said, we all have different standards. Mine are considerably higher than yours.

markeym3

This thread does feel a bit shitty now ,

The initial impression the OP had when he received the watch was really good apart from the bracelet issue , but now after these posts I would imagine he feels a little deflated.

To the OP , don't feel put off, the watch looks great, enjoy it , if you need to adjust the clasp then do so but most of all it is your watch so enjoy.