Sign in to follow this  
lapinobel

BK Submariner > Rolex logo on bracelet issue

Helmut Wong

I don't see a problem in telling it as i see it, why sugar coat it. The acid test is this, if you saw the fault in QC pics from a TD would you accept it? Most of you know in your hearts that you wouldn't accept that watch. The buyer had a right to see it in the pics prior to purchase. Fine, some of you feel its a non issue but at least allow the buyer ( and others ) to have his own opinion. This is not a $100 watch we are talking about.

It is down to these guys now to resolve it and I feel the buyer has a right to a refund assuming he wants that, so there's no issue in terms of hurt feelings. If the seller refuses a refund given the failure to disclose the fault then its a pretty poor show. Lets give the seller the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he missed the fault, but now he has been alerted to it he should do the right thing. I think its going to be hard to remove the marks without affecting some of the other lettering on the inner clasp

Edited by Helmut Wong

Genius
I don't see a problem in telling it as i see it, why sugar coat it. The acid test is this, if you saw the fault in QC pics from a TD would you accept it? Most of you know in your hearts that you wouldn't accept that watch. The buyer had a right to see it in the pics prior to purchase. Fine, some of you feel its a non issue but at least allow the buyer ( and others ) to have his own opinion. This is not a $100 watch we are talking about.

It is down to these guys now to resolve it and I feel the buyer has a right to a refund assuming he wants that, so there's no issue in terms of hurt feelings. If the seller refuses a refund given the failure to disclose the fault then its a pretty poor show. Lets give the seller the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he missed the fault, but now he has been alerted to it he should do the right thing. I think its going to be hard to remove the marks without affecting some of the other lettering on the inner clasp

FFS it's a second hand fake watch.

It looks totally fucking awesome from any angle other than a slight mark on the inside of the clasp that you can only see with the clasp open and then only if you are properly examining it...

Going on about disclosure and refunds you really are a total dick. That after insinuating that OP was scammed. Get over yourself it's a fake watch from china it's never gonna be totally perfect and if that part is really an issue to OP a complete noob glidelock will run what $30?

Its very rare that I sell a watch but if I did I'd never sell to you and given you publication of your retarded standards I'd be surprised if anyone would want to

lapinobel

Guys I'm feeling a bit awkard about posting since it seems to spiral a bit out of control. Again, it's a minor defect which I just noticed when looking for the smallest details. The watch looks great, feels great, runs great so far and I have had good conversations with the seller. I have zero thoughts about this being deliberate, I guess he just didn't see it or it got a bit damaged during shipping. The last thing I want is fellow members attacking each others over their views.

Helmut Wong

FFS it's a second hand fake watch.

It looks totally fucking awesome from any angle other than a slight mark on the inside of the clasp that you can only see with the clasp open and then only if you are properly examining it...

Going on about disclosure and refunds you really are a total dick. That after insinuating that OP was scammed. Get over yourself it's a fake watch from china it's never gonna be totally perfect and if that part is really an issue to OP a complete noob glidelock will run what $30?

Its very rare that I sell a watch but if I did I'd never sell to you and given you publication of your retarded standards I'd be surprised if anyone would want to

Lol you should be called foam person not fake person. Absolutely brilliant. Such an angry man with your epic frothing rants. I'm thinking i might have a new stalker ;)

it is a second hand fake watch that happened to cost 600 euro so its not really unreasonable to expect a level of quality. Its why we are here , most of us want the assurance of buying reps that will provide most of the enjoyment of a gen. Some go to extreme lengths in their pursuit of perfection, so to dismiss this as 'its a second hand fake watch' is a pretty silly thing to say. You are clearly a seasoned user so i find it strange the way you are dismissing it. As i said, the vast majority of people here would reject that defect in a QC picture.

Toro is my TD of choice and I am very happy with the watches he sells me and he is happy with me as a buyer. Nothing retarded about my standards.

As the saying goes, you dont buy the watch, you buy the buyer. I wouldnt buy from someone like you because your published standards are lacking and you have demonstrated anger issues, so it wont be an issue.

Edited by Helmut Wong

narikaa

Guys I'm feeling a bit awkard about posting since it seems to spiral a bit out of control. Again, it's a minor defect which I just noticed when looking for the smallest details. The watch looks great, feels great, runs great so far and I have had good conversations with the seller. I have zero thoughts about this being deliberate, I guess he just didn't see it or it got a bit damaged during shipping. The last thing I want is fellow members attacking each others over their views.

Chill

Just trainspotters setting fire to each others' tampon strings

You've been here 4 years or so you should be acclimatised to it by now

;)

Helmut Wong

Just trainspotters setting fire to each others' tampon strings

;)

LOL epic insult.

Will defininately have to put that in the database for future use lol

greg_r
How does the swiss movement look? I can open the case and check that.

I wouldn't bother. Helmet is talking shit "glaring fault" my arse!

One of the parts that makes up the clasp has got slightly out of alignment or even a little bent (actually bending that part yourself was the official advice given by Rolex on the old fliplock clasps) and honestly that part is completely hidden when the clasp is shut.

With bk you only really pay for datewheel alignment and bezel alignment and ar removal or crystal replacement at extra cost + Swiss movement.

He doesn't fuck with the clasps or sel gaps or bracelet finish, or bezel engraving, platinum paint, or fluffy fucking dice!

Check the bk section is list of mods are specific and this looks like it has had them

Why all the foam? Be polite!!

So if you received QC pics from a dealer ( yes i am aware this was a private purchase and not from a TD ) and saw that, then you would accept it? I guess we all have different standards.

Clearly its an issue for the thread starter and I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have made the purchase had he seen the fault.

Just don't see why you feel the need to shit on his watch. It's a properly minor issue then you start going on about SEL and mines better than your bullshit, dick move if you ask me. If you know so much about BK you would know what his mods are.

You also insinuated (though stopped short of actually saying) that op was scammed and the seller was a scammer. With no evidence at all

As i said, we all have different standards. Mine are considerably less realistic than yours.

Fixed

I suggest you wind your neck in, sunshine.

Reg, as usual, nailed it :lol:

Helmut Wong
How does the swiss movement look? I can open the case and check that.

I wouldn't bother. Helmet is talking shit "glaring fault" my arse!

One of the parts that makes up the clasp has got slightly out of alignment or even a little bent (actually bending that part yourself was the official advice given by Rolex on the old fliplock clasps) and honestly that part is completely hidden when the clasp is shut.

With bk you only really pay for datewheel alignment and bezel alignment and ar removal or crystal replacement at extra cost + Swiss movement.

He doesn't fuck with the clasps or sel gaps or bracelet finish, or bezel engraving, platinum paint, or fluffy fucking dice!

Check the bk section is list of mods are specific and this looks like it has had them

Why all the foam? Be polite!!

So if you received QC pics from a dealer ( yes i am aware this was a private purchase and not from a TD ) and saw that, then you would accept it? I guess we all have different standards.

Clearly its an issue for the thread starter and I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have made the purchase had he seen the fault.

Just don't see why you feel the need to shit on his watch. It's a properly minor issue then you start going on about SEL and mines better than your bullshit, dick move if you ask me. If you know so much about BK you would know what his mods are.

You also insinuated (though stopped short of actually saying) that op was scammed and the seller was a scammer. With no evidence at all

As i said, we all have different standards. Mine are considerably less realistic than yours.

Fixed

I suggest you wind your neck in, sunshine.

Reg, as usual, nailed it :lol:

Hey big man, im only here to buy nice reps so on that note im out.

Edited by Helmut Wong

GenTLe

Op, get some of this:https://www.capecodpolish.com/products/foil-pouch-cape-cod-metal-polishing-cloths and give it a good polish and it will be like new.

This entire discussion seems unreal to me.

MetalMickey

Clearly its an issue for the thread starter

76528478.jpg

Helmut Wong

Clearly its an issue for the thread starter

76528478.jpg

Twisted

PBTMN

Lapinobel, you know how it was wrapped during shipment. I do not think it was during it.

I can buy and send you a packet of Capecod if you need it, and if that does not fix it, we could talk about paying a clasp half-half.

Thanks to the other forum members who have had a little sense in this thread. I also understand the buyer, but really look this, damn, looks awesome for me:

ZwDVOYj.jpg

Keep in mind that you paid 143€ less than you would have payed in BK, and as you have been able to check, the watch is like new. Open it, stay calm with your Swiss movement. On the crystal, you can know that it is clark because it does not have LEC and because it does the black hole effect that the series does not do.

I don't know mate, I do not know what else to say. What you can not expect is more quality than a Noob in the rest of the parts, because it is exactly the same.

lapinobel

PBTMN, if you could send me capecod which would not damage the watch, that would be very nice of you. If you want I'll cover the shipping costs, since I have no idea where to get this here in Belgium, so it could be helpful and then I can see if I can clear it up a little. We'll see how to proceed from then. Absolutely no hard feelings.

GenTLe

PBTMN, if you could send me capecod which would not damage the watch, that would be very nice of you. If you want I'll cover the shipping costs, since I have no idea where to get this here in Belgium, so it could be helpful and then I can see if I can clear it up a little. We'll see how to proceed from then. Absolutely no hard feelings.

http://www.befr.ebay.be/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xcape+cod.TRS0&_nkw=cape+cod&_sacat=0

rusky27

Just a thought but the clasp wouldn't/doesn't still have the protective plastic on it? which would in turn has made an imprint on the plastic film not the actual polished metal? I just recently got a V7 and there was very fine plastic film/stickers on both parts of the clasp engraved area and polished area.

Rokerite

I have inadvertently left the plastic on the clasp before, it is wrapped so tight you may not have noticed it is still on there, scratch it with a fingernail to see if is still covered in the clear plastic protection.

Helmut Wong

Just a thought but the clasp wouldn't/doesn't still have the protective plastic on it? which would in turn has made an imprint on the plastic film not the actual polished metal? I just recently got a V7 and there was very fine plastic film/stickers on both parts of the clasp engraved area and polished area.

Really good point. I hope it turns out to be that.

Have to admit when i ordered a watch recently i thought it was scratched and it turned out to be a barely visible layer of plastic.

MetalMickey

If it's the plastic still on then someone owes the seller an apology... And it ain't OP :)

g.man

If you zoom in on the pics of the clasp, it looks to my eyes as if the plastic film has indeed been left on.

Helmut Wong

If it's the plastic still on then someone owes the seller an apology... And it ain't OP :)

I will fall on my sword and issue a tearful apology and then quit the forum for a day

lapinobel

I checked, but cannot see any plastic.

Helmut Wong

I checked, but cannot see any plastic.

Are you sure. Some of that plastic film really is barely there. i nearly got caught out myself.

have a closer look and have a pick at it

lapinobel

I will try agaij but it eeally doesnt look like there is plastic there, although that would explain a lot

lapinobel
I will try agaij but it eeally doesnt look like there is plastic there, although that would explain a lot

just rechecked, unless it is microscopic there is no plastic there

deju

OP I had a noob explorer 2 that had a similar clasp issue, personally didn't give too shits. I think seller and buyer are being amicable.

Genius, can I get in on this weeks gulag sweepstakes, I have an insideline on the new favourite lol